Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Want to know what life would be like in the US if Trump wins the White House?

+2
Hospital Bob
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

What follows are a list of his promises .... LOL

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/heres-what-america-would-look-if-trump-actually-won

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I didn't know we've changed our whole system of government and now the President can do anything he wants.
Won't that pesky little thing called Congress have anything to say about this?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob wrote:I didn't know we've changed our whole system of government and now the President can do anything he wants.

I doubt it. They're too busy writing another bill to defund Obamacare.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:
Bob wrote:I didn't know we've changed our whole system of government and now the President can do anything he wants.

I doubt it.  They're too busy writing another bill to defund Obamacare.

By "Congress" I meant the legislative branch.  I agree that the majority of a republican House would probably rubberstamp most of Trump's nuttiness (because the one's who didn't would be crucified publically by President Trump).

But there's gonna be three possible outcomes for Congress. 
Either it stays divided and then all a President Trump could do is Executive Orders.
Or the House and Senate both go Republican and then it's katy bar the door,  aka Trump Unleashed.
Or both the House and Senate could both go Democrat and Trump becomes a chump doing Executive Orders.

Similiar situation for Hillary or Sanders.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob: You might be right. We'll have to wait and see.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

I doubt it.  They're too busy writing another bill to defund Obamacare.

By "Congress" I meant the legislative branch.  I agree that the majority of a republican House would probably rubberstamp most of Trump's nuttiness (because the one's who didn't would be crucified publically by President Trump).

But there's gonna be three possible outcomes for Congress. 

Either it stays divided and then all a President Trump could do is Executive Orders.

Or the House and Senate both go Republican and then it's katy bar the door,  aka Trump Unleashed.

Or both the House and Senate could both go Democrat and Trump becomes a chump doing Executive Orders.

Similiar [Similar]situation for Hillary or Sanders.

WOW, now that's going out on a limb! Was there a point to putting this up?

dumpcare

Bernie is leading now in Iowa.

dumpcare

But Bush at this point in his presidency had signed 292 executive orders compared to 229 for obama.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

ppaca wrote:

But Bush at this point in his presidency had signed 292 executive orders compared to 229 for obama.
It's not the number it's the impact...1 could start a civil war...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

WOW, now that's going out on a limb!  Was there a point to putting this up?

Markle,  I've noticed that whenever I make a clear point,  you like to reply with "is there a point to this".  lol

The point is,  that yes of course what I said about Trump becoming President also applies to Hillary or Sanders becoming President.  Or anyone becoming President.  Because no one who becomes President can govern without the check and balance of Congress.   If he or she could,  then it would be pointless for us to be paying 535 people all that fucking money,  let alone having to pay their staffs and the hundred other expenses of keeping a Congress.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

Markle,  I've noticed that whenever I make a clear point,  you like to reply with "is there a point to this".  lol

The point is,  that yes of course what I said about Trump becoming President also applies to Hillary or Sanders becoming President.  Or anyone becoming President.  Because no one who becomes President can govern without the check and balance of Congress.   If he or she could,  then it would be pointless for us to be paying 535 people all that fucking money,  let alone having to pay their staffs and the hundred other expenses of keeping a Congress.

So what's your point? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:
Bob wrote:what's your point? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Well actually my main point is that if I win that Powerball,  I won't care who the President is or how he governs.   I'll be up there on the roof of that 10 story building in the giant hot tub drinking Johnnie Walker Blue Label and smoking cuban cigars.  I won't have time to give a shit about anything else.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

I heard that the Ferrari head office was upset at Washington....unlike Beverly Hills and South Beach instead of financing the cars and Ferrari making even more money, people in Washington DC just waltz in and pay cash,,,,

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I can't imagine anyone wanting a Ferrari.  How the hell could you get any yard sale merchandise in that thing.
When I win the Powerball,  I'm getting a fully loaded Honda hybrid Odyssey.  And I'm not settling for that "pre-owned" stuff.  It will be the first new vehicle I've ever owned.

dumpcare

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
ppaca wrote:

Just went through both of their order's, I saw nothing on either's that may be out of the ordinary. The firearm order was not listed as of yet, but you are still and always will be free to purchase a gun.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:
Bob wrote:what's your point? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Well actually my main point is that if I win that Powerball,  I won't care who the President is or how he governs.   I'll be up there on the roof of that 10 story building in the giant hot tub drinking Johnnie Walker Blue Label and smoking cuban cigars.  I won't have time to give a shit about anything else.

And you can quit buying your mild duds at the dollar store. Hell you can build your own milk dud factory and give some illegal's a job.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

ppaca wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
ppaca wrote:

Just went through both of their order's, I saw nothing on either's that may be out of the ordinary. The firearm order was not listed as of yet, but you are still and always will be free to purchase a gun.

Unless some diddly assed doctor doesn't like my not allowing them to drug me and turns me in with Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:
And you can quit buying your mild duds at the dollar store. Hell you can build your own milk dud factory and give some illegal's a job.

No more public theaters for me.  This will be the interior of the 9th floor.

Want to know what life would be like in the US if Trump wins the White House? Chateau-tdg

knothead

knothead

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:

No more public theaters for me.  This will be the interior of the 9th floor.

Want to know what life would be like in the US if Trump wins the White House? Chateau-tdg

Just . . . . . . WOW!!!

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
ppaca wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
ppaca wrote:

Unless some diddly assed doctor doesn't like my not allowing them to drug me and turns me in with Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)

Exactly... bob complaining that he gets forgetful... dementia. Been in the military or the victim of a crime... ptsd. Ever taken an add drug or mood stabilizer or even sleeping pills... unstable. Maybe even a low iq would/should be a disqualifier.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:

As you know, this is irrelevant, unimportant and immaterial.

President Bush's Executive Orders were to clean up existing laws also such major things as clarifying to order of succession in various agencies. He did not use the Executive orders to WRITE LAW OR CHANGE LAWS.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
As you know, this is irrelevant, unimportant and immaterial.

President Bush's Executive Orders were to clean up existing laws also such major things as clarifying to order of succession in various agencies.  He did not use the Executive orders to WRITE LAW OR CHANGE LAWS.

Markle,  that has to be the most laughable example of a double standard I've ever heard before.  Right up there with "Obama is definitely ineligible but Cruz is not".

What do you have to say about this...

http://www.businessinsider.com/reagan-and-bush-made-immigration-executive-orders-2014-11

Last edited by Bob on 1/12/2016, 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:

Wrong. President Bush had signed 292 for his entire presidency. Plus, as you know, they were insignificant. Semi-retired President Obama writes and changes laws.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

I seldom see where you make a point, much less a clear point.

Given that, semi-retired President Obama believes he can govern without, or in spite of the other two branches. In fact, he even eagerly governs against the will of the voters.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is Forbes,  markle.  Not Daily Kos or Huffington Post.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/richardsalsman/2013/01/28/when-it-comes-to-abuse-of-presidential-power-obama-is-a-mere-piker/#2715e4857a0b4dbe6de6601a

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum