Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here's the part Donald Trump isn't telling you about "bringing back all the jobs from China".

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-wants-to-raise-the-price-of-smartphones--tvs-and-many-other-things-you-buy-165549546.html

Here's the part Donald Trump isn't telling you about "bringing back all the jobs from China". Trump-22

2seaoat

There will have to be tariffs if they are going to keep cheating on the currency manipulation and artificially keeping their consumer demand down. I think he can get smart enough people around him to do it, but he is as usual clueless, and yes those items will be more expensive. Trade is good......but you have to keep it fair, and most of this early year financial shift is China trying to cheat with currency manipulation as demand slows making it up on the back end rather than allowing imports to increase and balance payments.....classic abuse.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Even if China wasn't manipulating it's currency,  it wouldn't matter.

If you make an I-Phone or a tv set or a refrigerator with U.S. labor rates,  it will cost a whole helluva lot more than it does now.

Trumpies are so naive. 
But ask them their opinion of President Trump when everything in the Walmart has doubled or tripled in price.  They'll want to impeach that silly son of a bitch as much as they want to impeach Obama.  lol

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat

A demagogue does not need detail. Huey Long needed no detail.....George Wallace needed no detail.......Trump does not need any detail........He will just out smart China, so a small penalty on each tie imported where they can prove they are illegally dumping a product below costs by currency manipulation go for it........they will get those ties back in America, but Bob that does NOT mean necessarily that if tariffs were properly applied for abuses that the net difference would be that much. I compare it to a person who is building a house and to save money on firewood for the fireplace he goes outside and takes his cedar siding off the house to burn it.....yea its cheaper but your house is falling down.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

America is now living in a different world from what it used to be.
Now we have a choice.  We can either have a good job and buy expensive shit or have a shitty job and buy cheap shit. 
We can no longer have our cake and eat it too.  And it doesn't matter if it's that bitch or that bozo in the White House.

2seaoat

Now we have a choice.

Yes we do Bob, and contrary to your paradigm those choices matter when we vote.  Substantive issues matter, and we each have to make a choice on how each of us want America to go, and contrary to your mantra which is everything is the same, and nothing makes any difference, facts and policy do make a difference.   Getting off the fence and standing for something makes a difference.  Living your life to help people around you makes a difference, because all the burglar bars and money in the bank does not give you one bit of security in this world when you give up caring for your neighbors and fellow Americans.  Substance matters, and it has little to do with the material things you buy at Wal Mart.   It has everything to do with human dignity and giving a chit, and not in age giving up on life and hope for a better world.

2seaoat

My theme for 10 years on the PNJ and here has been we have become wusses....well the former Governor of PA, I believe Rendell wrote a book called wusses talking about how we just rolled over when the steel mills in PA were devastated by illegal dumping and how real people lost their jobs as we pulled the cedar off the house to get cheap firewood for the fireplace. Lets all coocoon and be entertained by a demagogue and like history has shown us when good people simply sit on the fence, say none of it matter, and that they will not vote or get involved in their community, we become the wusses the Governor has described. It is time for courage. It is time for truth. Good people have to act and take responsibility for their fellow man and not be fooled by the illusion of gated communities and temporary pleasure and comfort while your neighbors suffer and the cedar siding is being burned up as those who cheat profit and steal America. Substance matters.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:  Substance matters, and it has little to do with the material things you buy at Wal Mart.

What country have you been living in,  or more accurately what world have you been living on?
This country is so consumed with consumerism that you could rename it The United Consumers of America.

2seaoat

I have found Rosebud. I have my duct tapped shoes and I have a history of working to help people. I do not need to repeat my mistakes of greed and avarice to gain further wisdom, I do not have your time Bob, but with the time I have I will make a difference with every day of my life concerned about the substance of the political debate and will leave my grandchildren a better America, a safer America by supporting truth and platforms which achieve the same. I had the opportunity to shake Senator Doles hand at a local Republican fund raiser when he was running and I saw his shriveled up arm from a young man who fought for this country, a good traditional Republican who understood main street business principles and the hard work of the middle class to make this country great......he would be a Democrat today.....he would be ridiculed by Donald Trump......a hero....a tough guy surrounded by wimps and wussies who are manipulated by propaganda not because they are stupid, but because they are lazy and scared.....enough.....we need to start caring about the F'ing house because at some time all that will be left is the fireplace, and then maybe somebody will realize the truth and substance does matter.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I have found Rosebud.  I have my duct tapped shoes

You're preaching this to the wrong person.   I'm the one who never bought the shoes retail in the first place. 

Who you need to go tell this to are the gang members in South Chicago.  Tell them they don't really need to rob and steal to get the $250 for their athletic shoes,  tell them all they have to do is put duct tape on the ones they have now.
But after you do,  don't be in a store when it opens on Black Friday cause when they stampede they'll probably leave you in their wake.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh and be sure to tell them to obey those new gun control laws too.  I'm sure that will work equally as well.  lol

2seaoat

The guns are tied into the war on drugs.....the dialogue is not as simple as you again appear to want to make things to justify the nihilist state of American fear and wussydom.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum