Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jared Kushner says Trump agrees more with Schumer than McConnell on infrastructure

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Telstar

Telstar

Donald Trump's infrastructure views are a lot closer to incoming Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer's (D-N.Y.), than Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.), according to Trump's son-in-law.

Jared Kushner, who is married to Ivanka and long ago emerged as one of Trump's most trusted advisers, said at an event at which both he and Schumer appeared Friday morning that the president-elect is more in line with the leader of the other party.

But Schumer and other Democrats including Sens. Bernie Sanders (D-Vt.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) have signaled strongly that infrastructure investment is one area where they could work with Trump. If he takes them up on the offer, he and Democrats could both score a win in spite of resistance from Republicans.

Trump has long signaled his admiration of Schumer, who he repeatedly donated campaign funds to before he became a Republican.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/jared-kushner-trump-agrees-schumer-infrastructure-article-1.2913154

RealLindaL

Gotta wonder what Kushner woulda said had he been at an event with McConnell instead of Schumer. Sorry, I just don't trust anyone who's that close to Trump -- and especially not now that Trump has picked David Friedman for Israeli ambassador, presuming Kushner had something do with that "out there" selection.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:Gotta wonder what Kushner woulda said had he been at an event with McConnell instead of Schumer.   Sorry, I just don't trust anyone who's that close to Trump -- and especially not now that Trump has picked David Friedman for Israeli ambassador, presuming Kushner had something do with that "out there" selection.

Wishful thinking on my part. Since the stupid SOB is going to become our president anyway I hope he accomplishes something worthwhile.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Gotta wonder what Kushner woulda said had he been at an event with McConnell instead of Schumer.   Sorry, I just don't trust anyone who's that close to Trump -- and especially not now that Trump has picked David Friedman for Israeli ambassador, presuming Kushner had something do with that "out there" selection.

Wishful thinking on my part. Since the stupid SOB is going to become our president anyway I hope he accomplishes something worthwhile.

Understood. I would be glad to see "something worthwhile" come from Trump, too, but can't allow myself to actually hope for it, since as of yet I see no signs of competence.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum