Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carson -- a closer look ...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Carson -- a closer look ... Empty Carson -- a closer look ... 11/6/2015, 9:59 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

He doesn't believe in evolution, and believes the earth is less than 7,000 years old.

He says the pyramids of Egypt were not built as tombs for emperors, but to store grain. Egyptologists disagree. This claim is pure fantasy.

Carson believes the Noah and the Ark story is true -- and that all the species on earth today descend from the pairs old Noah saved from the flood. Yet there are literally thousands of species on the earth today which did not live in Noah's region, and whose ancestors could not have been collected and stored on the ark. Another case of Carson's imagination overtaking his reasoning.

Says he had a violent youth, including throwing a rock at a school chum and breaking his glasses, threatening to hit his mother with a hammer, and stabbing a friend when he was thirteen or fourteen.

Investigation by reporters from several sources have failed to corroborate ANY of the above "violent" events of Carson's alleged past. Carson's latest response to questioning about the kid he tried to stab now claims the alleged victim wasn't a friend or school mate, but a relative. Former friends, neighbors and school mates who have been interviewed by inquiring reporters state that Carson was a quiet, soft-spoken, cooperative kid, and a diligent student. None of the people interviewed have said that the Carson they knew was violent.

Carson said he has "no ties" to Mannatech -- a nutritional supplement company for whom he made films and has appeared in promotional videos. The firm has been fined by authorities for making false claims.

Carson and his followers need to realize that running for president is the big league -- and that reporters from the left and the right are quite rightfully exploring his past. If he's told the truth, he has nothing to fear or hide, and the reporters should be regarded fairly. Carson has just stated that he believes CNN is out to hurt his image.

The truth is, Carson's problems with his alleged relationships and personal history are accumulating rapidly, and the investigations have just begun!

Reality.

2Carson -- a closer look ... Empty Re: Carson -- a closer look ... 11/6/2015, 10:13 am

The media as a whole does not use the same standards covering both sides. I would much prefer that they did.

3Carson -- a closer look ... Empty Re: Carson -- a closer look ... 11/6/2015, 10:46 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:The media as a whole does not use the same standards covering both sides. I would much prefer that they did.

Amen.  I have a sickly feeling that if we knew the truth about all these egomaniacs it would be like a study of aberrant human psychology.

4Carson -- a closer look ... Empty Re: Carson -- a closer look ... 11/6/2015, 10:50 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:The media as a whole does not use the same standards covering both sides. I would much prefer that they did.

Please explain what you mean. Do you think a reporter assigned to vet a candidate by, say, CNN is going to do the job differently than a reporter from, say FOX News?

The discrepancies I reported above are discrepancies, no matter who does the reporting .... right or wrong?

5Carson -- a closer look ... Empty Re: Carson -- a closer look ... 11/6/2015, 10:55 am

I'm saying that the vast majority of viewers are on the networks... abc, cbs, nbc. They have barely and begrudgingly covered hillary's emails and nothing critical of her support to overthrow gaddafi or the terrible repercussions. It's softball.

6Carson -- a closer look ... Empty Re: Carson -- a closer look ... 11/6/2015, 12:17 pm

Sal

Sal

Sidney Blumenthal and Huma Abedin just phoned in to say you're full of shit.

7Carson -- a closer look ... Empty Re: Carson -- a closer look ... 11/6/2015, 2:39 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:I'm saying that the vast majority of viewers are on the networks... abc, cbs, nbc. They have barely and begrudgingly covered hillary's emails and nothing critical of her support to overthrow gaddafi or the terrible repercussions. It's softball.

The subject isn't how the press, any press treats Hillary. It's about Carson. Are you saying the press isn't being fair to Carson regarding the specific situations I set forth in this thread?

8Carson -- a closer look ... Empty Re: Carson -- a closer look ... 11/6/2015, 5:30 pm

polecat

polecat

Best tweet seen this week...

Lately I find myself reevaluating the phrase "It's not brain surgery"

Apparently it doesn't mean what I thought. DOH!

9Carson -- a closer look ... Empty Re: Carson -- a closer look ... 11/6/2015, 5:49 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

New development:  It now appears that Carson's alleged application to West Point didn't occur.  

Ted Cruz must be peeing in his pants with joy, since he is the one who will benefit if Carson is blown away by his own statements.  

Read this article:  http://www.salon.com/2015/11/06/ben_carsons_stealing_valor_gop_hopeful_admits_to_lying_about_west_point_scholarship/?source=newsletter

Sal, I didn't realize you already commented on this situation when I wrote my comment. Sorry ...

10Carson -- a closer look ... Empty Re: Carson -- a closer look ... 11/6/2015, 6:24 pm

dumpcare

I thought the west point was lie, my brother-in-law graduated from West Point in the early 80's and the process went nothing like carson implied.

GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS:

Candidates must:

Be at least 17 but not older than 22 on July 1 of the year they enter West Point.
Not be married.
Not be pregnant.
Not be legally responsible for support of any children.
Medical Qualifications:
Be in good physical and mental health.
Pass a medical exam (DODMERB).
Physical Qualifications: Each candidate should have
Above average strength, agility, and endurance.
A strong performance on the West point Candidate Fitness Assessment (CFA).
If you are eligible, fill out and submit the initial screening application, called the Candidate Questionnaire.

​Step 2: Start a File Online

West Point will start your candidate file upon receiving a completed Candidate Questionnaire online located here, in the middle of your junior year in high school or as soon after that as possible. You must have a Social Security Number to start a file. Your file will be reviewed, and you will be notified if you have the qualifications to compete for admissions.

Step 3: Apply for a Nomination

You must obtain a nomination in order to compete for admission to West Point, and you should apply for all nominations for which you are eligible during the spring of your junior year. At a minimum, candidates are eligible for a congressional nomination from their representative in Congress, their two U.S. senators, and the vice president of the United States. For more information about applying for nominations and to view request-letter formats, please click the Nominations link. To find out who your house representative is, click FindYourRepresentative and enter your zip code. For your Senate representative, click FindYourSenator and search by state.

​Step 4: Fill Out West Point Forms Online

The Admissions Office reviews Candidate Questionnaires, and candidates who pass the initial screening will receive instructions about the remaining admissions requirements, including being qualified by the Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board (DoDMERB). All procedures and forms must be completed promptly. Candidates who do not pass the initial screening will be notified.

​Step 5: Follow Up on Nominations

Each year, more than 10,000 candidates open files for admission to West Point, but only about 4,000 receive nominations. A nomination is the legal authority for West Point to offer admission, and it’s very important that you aggressively pursue every nomination available to you.

Step 6: Complete Testing
Qualifying Medical Exam
Candidate Fitness Assessment
ACT PLUS Writing and/or SAT
All candidates must take the timed ACT Plus Writing or SAT. West Point does not accept un-timed scores for academic evaluation or ACTs without the optional writing section. We recommend that you take both the SAT and ACT at least once. It’s to your advantage to take the tests as many times as practical, since West Point only considers your highest sub-scores, so you can only improve. You should have your scores forwarded to West Point using the appropriate College Code Numbers. The SAT code is 2924 and the ACT code is 2976.

​Step 7: Stay on Top of your File
Have you sent all of your nomination requests? Did you meet those deadlines?
Have your ACT and/or SAT scores been sent to us?
Have you completed the forms in your candidate kit?
Are you practicing the six performance areas to prepare for your Candidate Fitness Assessment?
Have you had the Qualifying Medical Examination (DODMERB)?
West Point no longer conducts rolling admissions. The majority of offers of admission are made between November and June of the following year. However, for those fully qualified, outstanding candidates who have completed all admissions requirements, they may receive offers as early as November.

Looks about what he had to go through except there wasn't the online requirements.

11Carson -- a closer look ... Empty Re: Carson -- a closer look ... 11/6/2015, 7:20 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is starting to be deja vu all over again and it's Herman Cain.
Like Carson,  Herman Cain shot up in popularity.  Stayed there briefly.
And then his 15 minutes ended after he lied and said the stuff about him
was untrue too.  Which unfortunately turned out not to be the case.
But shoot,  at least Cain got all the way to winning the Iowa Caucuses.
I aint sure Carson will last that long.

But don't cry for him.  Because Herman Cain parlayed the whole thing into becoming a radio talk show host.  Took over from Neal Boortz.  It's a good gig and he's still doing it.

12Carson -- a closer look ... Empty Re: Carson -- a closer look ... 11/6/2015, 9:16 pm

It's not just carson and cain... it's any black or woman that doesn't tow the leftist line. Remember west or thomas?

They love black people... unless they're uppity niggers that disagree with their collectivist crapola.

13Carson -- a closer look ... Empty Re: Carson -- a closer look ... 11/6/2015, 9:31 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:It's not just carson and cain... it's any black or woman that doesn't tow the leftist line. Remember west or thomas?

They love black people... unless they're uppity niggers that disagree with their collectivist crapola.

You don't know what a coincidence it is that you post this.

Because right before I read your post I watched Bill O'Reilly interview Carson about the "lies".

Now I'm not convinced he's been lying.  And it has nothing to do with Bill O'Reilly.  I'd already listened to Carson reply to these claims in two other interviews this afternoon.  I didn't pay any attention to those interviewers either.  Focused only on what Carson was saying.  And nothing he said flunked the lie detector in my head. 

But then again I have been fooled before.  So I'm gonna stay neutral on this until I hear more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum