Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Psst ... Hey, Old White People ... Ben Carson Wants to Abolish Your Medicare

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

The Gimme, Gimme, Gimme Generation is not going to like this ....

Carson, who now leads the GOP field in Iowa according to the latest Quinnipiac Poll, would eliminate the program that provides health care to 49 million senior citizens, as well as Medicaid, and replace it with a system of cradle-to-grave savings accounts which would be funded with $2,000 a year in government contributions. While rivals have been pummeled for proposing less radical changes, Carson hasn’t faced the same scrutiny — and his continued traction in polls has left GOP strategists and conservative health care wonks scratching their heads.

“This isn’t a borderline issue. The politics of this are horrific,” said Doug Holtz-Eakin, head of the American Action Forum and health care adviser to Sen. John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign.

Carson’s stance on the third-rail issue of Medicare is especially risky given his strength among elderly voters. In Iowa, Carson draws a quarter of the senior vote — more than double any other candidate except Donald Trump, with whom he’s statistically tied among seniors. Carson’s support is even higher among voters between the ages of 55 and 64, who are on the verge of Medicare eligibility. He draws 34 percent of that age group, double Trump’s level of support, according to the Quinnipiac poll.

Carson’s GOP rivals are largely holding their fire so far. Trump’s campaign declined to comment, as did the campaigns of Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina and Marco Rubio. A spokeswoman for Bobby Jindal noted the Louisiana governor’s support for reforming — but preserving — Medicare and Medicaid.

“Without change, they will go bankrupt,” said the spokeswoman, Shannon Dirmann. “Abolishing them is bad policy.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/ben-carson-medicare-medicaid-215055

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm solidly behind Carson on this.  That fucking baby boomer generation has received so much government welfare and government handouts for so long,  that it's time the millennials get a piece of the welfare pie for a change.
They need to do away with that social security nonsense because that's nothing but the biggest government handout in history.
They need to take all those so-called "senior discounts" away and convert them to Generation X discounts and Millennial discounts too. 
It's high time those baby boomers get out and work for a living for a change like the other generations.  All they've ever done is live off government handouts. 
I was thinking of voting for Hillary,  but she'll be way too soft on the geezers.  Carson's my man.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wait a minute,  I didn't read your title carefully.  Thank god Carson only wants to take away all the handouts from the old WHITE people.  They're the ones who get all the welfare and handouts.  I'm glad he's going to keep all that going for the old black,  hispanic,  and asian people.  Those are damn hard working people who deserve the handouts.
Fuck the old white people.  When they all die off this country will return to greatness again.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way,  what does Carson say about all those old godless white queers.
They're the real government moochers.  I watched a group of them the other day.  They were cashing in their food stamps and welfare checks to pay for a float for a gay pride parade so they can scream about getting more rights.
Those lowlifes need to all be deported so we can make more room for the poor souls coming across the border.

Sal

Sal

All he has to do is clarify that he's only going to screw young people and old people will get to keep theirs, and you'll have a Carson sign in your yard, Bob.

That is your generational M.O.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:All he has to do is clarify that he's only going to screw young people and old people will get to keep theirs, and you'll have a Carson sign in your yard, Bob.

You durn tootin.  lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Salinsky wrote:All he has to do is clarify that he's only going to screw young people and old people will get to keep theirs, and you'll have a Carson sign in your yard, Bob.

Don't stereotype, Sal.  My kids are millennials.

One more thing about Carson...he would like to keep the Dept. of Education...to spy on college campuses and report "subversive" speech. I really believe the term "idiot savant" applies to Carson.

Markle

Markle

Psst ... Hey, Old White People ... Ben Carson Wants to Abolish Your Medicare 01814102-1e84-4392-adfd-09991616faca_zpssujf2epg

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Salinsky wrote:
Carson, who now leads the GOP field in Iowa according to the latest Quinnipiac Poll, would eliminate the program that provides health care to 49 million senior citizens, as well as Medicaid, and replace it with a system of cradle-to-grave savings accounts which would be funded with $2,000 a year in government contributions. ...

2k a year?   Laughing  

My wife's Ibrance is 10k a month.

Leave it to a doctor (& a surgeon esp) to not have a clue as to what modern medicine costs. Rolling Eyes

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:The Gimme, Gimme, Gimme Generation is not going to like this ....

Carson, who now leads the GOP field in Iowa according to the latest Quinnipiac Poll, would eliminate the program that provides health care to 49 million senior citizens, as well as Medicaid, and replace it with a system of cradle-to-grave savings accounts which would be funded with $2,000 a year in government contributions. While rivals have been pummeled for proposing less radical changes, Carson hasn’t faced the same scrutiny — and his continued traction in polls has left GOP strategists and conservative health care wonks scratching their heads.

“This isn’t a borderline issue. The politics of this are horrific,” said Doug Holtz-Eakin, head of the American Action Forum and health care adviser to Sen. John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign.

Carson’s stance on the third-rail issue of Medicare is especially risky given his strength among elderly voters. In Iowa, Carson draws a quarter of the senior vote — more than double any other candidate except Donald Trump, with whom he’s statistically tied among seniors. Carson’s support is even higher among voters between the ages of 55 and 64, who are on the verge of Medicare eligibility. He draws 34 percent of that age group, double Trump’s level of support, according to the Quinnipiac poll.

Carson’s GOP rivals are largely holding their fire so far. Trump’s campaign declined to comment, as did the campaigns of Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina and Marco Rubio. A spokeswoman for Bobby Jindal noted the Louisiana governor’s support for reforming — but preserving — Medicare and Medicaid.

“Without change, they will go bankrupt,” said the spokeswoman, Shannon Dirmann. “Abolishing them is bad policy.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/ben-carson-medicare-medicaid-215055

As you well know, you are addressing the Millennials. You know the group accustomed to receiving trophies for...showing up.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:
2k a year?   Laughing  

My wife's Ibrance is 10k a month.

Leave it to a doctor (& a surgeon esp) to not have a clue as to what modern medicine costs.  Rolling Eyes

In the fall of 2013 I needed a surgical procedure. 
I knew my health insurance wasn't going to pay anything on it (which is another story),  so I tried to ascertain the cost by asking both my oncologist and my surgeon.
Not only did either one not have a clue,  but I couldn't even get the price out of Sacred Heart Hospital either until after the procedure was done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum