Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Steve Jobs movie

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 12:18 pm

Vikingwoman

Who did all this painting-your wife?

27Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 12:20 pm

2seaoat

You can go to wiki Bob to get your answer.....again the story is old and Jobs acknowledged it as true, but the idea of this being a screwing of a friend or cheating misses entirely the way Jobs looked at the world. Again when you have seen the movie I will discuss why Jobs would not see this as a screwing. There is a great dialogue in the movie between Woz and Jobs where they pretty much open up in front of a journalist. After you watch that pretty historically accurate frank discussion in front of the press and Apple employees, we can get to my opinion why Jobs NEVER saw it as screwing WOZ, or in any way diminishing their friendship........and yes I am a Lifelong Republican, and will vote for Kasich over Hillary.

28Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 12:26 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:You can go to wiki Bob to get your answer.

I'm not the one who needs the answer,  seaoat,  I know what the answer is. 
And if you can "go to wiki" to get the answer, prove it by "going to wiki" and then telling me the answer.  lol

29Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 12:38 pm

2seaoat

Who did all this painting-your wife?

We have team painted since our twenties. It is real simple. I am a bull in a China shop, and she is an artist and very precise. The combination works great for painting. I do all the roller surfaces. She trims out the rolled areas along the ceiling and baseboard. I then come back and feather and put a second coat. The difference now is that I have to take fifteen minute breaks laying in the bed for every half hour of work, which works great for her catching up to my rolling and my doubling back. The only thing we did not paint were the bedroom closets which were pristine. The entire house, walls, trim work are now painted. I did all the subfloor and had a chair where I would rest for five minutes and start again. I have difficulty bending over and picking things up as the advanced liver decline causes a bloating around my mid section which if you have every seen someone dying of liver cancer there is loss of weight, yet this distended gut. I have not lost the weight that much, only six pounds but the bloating at times gets bad. My best week is always one week before my next shot, and I have got stronger as the week advanced as my shot is this Friday. We are a great partnership and I have been blessed by a beautiful women who shares my adventures in life. She will tell you after I pass that there were times she wanted to tell me to go F myself, but we never lose our sense of humor. We were at the waffle house and this waitress was piszed at a fellow employee and was cleaning up dishes. The waitress was having a tantrum doing the dishes and banging and throwing things as she cleaned up. My wife had her back to her, and said what the hell is going on.....I simply said employee disagreement. Well the banging got louder and louder, and she turned around and the waitress looked over and said do you need something......and I smiled and said no we are fine.....we just thought our son in law was working in the kitchen.....he likes to bang pans too.....well she starts laughing....I start laughing, and the waitress who had been in this war with another employee just stares at us out of control laughing.....we get up to pay the bill still laughing and giggling, and tell her she made our day because she reminds us of Mark, and left her a fifty percent tip which is no big deal at the waffle house and she finally smiles and laughs and realizes she was being a complete fool.....now most people would complain about her banging dishes......most would not leave a tip and justify the same as employees should not have fights in front of customers....but we just had fun and laughed until we cried, and in the process turned a bad situation into a good one for all involved......that is why I am blessed to have this partner.

30Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 12:42 pm

2seaoat

Geeze Bob.....I need to prove it......I think the last time I visited this subject Time magazine said he traveled to India with his atari money.....by golly are you happy now.

31Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 12:58 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nope.  Not the answer.

In fact, the answer involves a close associate of Jobs at the time.  One who played an important role in inspiring what Jobs was to become.
Unfortunately that character is not a part of the movie (I looked at the complete character list on IMDB and the name is not there) so you won't know about it from the movie.
That's why movies are not the best history teachers.

32Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 1:08 pm

Vikingwoman

Very impressive! That's a lot of painting. I've been trying to paint too and I get sidelined and it's taking forever.

33Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 1:09 pm

2seaoat

So he did not travel to India with his Atari earnings....you should give your answer because this does not comport with my understanding of the him leaving Atari and traveling to India with his earnings from Atari....one of us is wrong...so give your answer.

34Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 1:10 pm

2seaoat

I bet you will tell the motorcycle story.....he went to India on his atari earnings.

35Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 1:14 pm

2seaoat

Very impressive! That's a lot of painting. I've been trying to paint too and I get sidelined and it's taking forever.

Our team painting almost is better than the pros.  In our youth I would wear her out, but now she can get even as she always is getting ahead of me, and if I do not feather with the roller it will dry streaky.......so I am laying down exhausted thinking I cannot do anymore, when I see she has completed a was on the ceiling and trim.....now I know I have to get up.....it is funny how our roles have reversed since I have been sick.
They wanted about $2,200 to paint the interior of the house. They do not have the same quality standards we have and we were furious the last time one of the houses were painted, and ended up doing double the work repainting and fixing their spills and sloppy work. We have completed about $3,500 of the damages and only need to install the carpet and flooring. If we rest up when we return in early November, we might do the wood floor ourselves.....this is a problem because once I sit on the floor to work my wife has to assist me to my feet.....I am a big person who weighs 235 lbs and this is increasingly becoming more difficult for both of us, but if I get knee pads I should be able to roll over to my knees and use a foot stool and her helping to get up as frequently as you need to get up when doing a wood floor. We will see how both of us will be feeling because her sitting doing floor trim has cause her to have a hip hitch which after sitting in a restaurant last night her hip went out and she limped to the car......the steel pin in her leg is fine.....but her hip is aching from sitting on the floor too long.

Last edited by 2seaoat on 10/25/2015, 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

36Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 1:17 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:So he did not travel to India with his Atari earnings....you should give your answer because this does not comport with my understanding of the him leaving Atari and traveling to India with his earnings from Atari....one of us is wrong...so give your answer.

He needed the Breakout bonus money to attend the fall harvest at the All One Farm. 
He had found a mentor in a dude named Robert Friedland who owned that communal apple farm (which gave Jobs the name for the company).  Friedland was a really eccentric character who Jobs got to know at Reed College.  Friedland was later convicted of possession of $100,000 worth of LSD.  lol

37Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 1:27 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm curious,  does the movie cover this part of Jobs' story,  seaoat...

http://www.cultofmac.com/130222/101-year-old-inventor-of-lsd-asked-steve-jobs-how-dropping-acid-helped-him-create-the-mac/

38Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 1:30 pm

2seaoat

I know the time article had talked about the mother of his child and him spending time at the commune, but I still thought he traveled to India with his Atari earnings......but he did do LSD and he did spend time at the commune which after the India trip he did quite frequently including changing his clothing. I had heard one account that he bought a motorcycle with the 5k, but consistently they talked about going to India with his Atari earnings.

39Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 1:38 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I may see the movie today or tomorrow,  seaoat.  I've been wanting to see it since it opened but keep getting distracted by other things.
Then again I may wait till Tuesday when the popcorn and coke is $2.  That way I won't have to sneak any food and drink into the theater.  lol

Last edited by Bob on 10/25/2015, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

40Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 1:38 pm

2seaoat

We are showering and packing up the car for the trip back to the islands. I will stop tonight in Metropolis Illinois home of the famous Superman statute across the Ohio river from KY, and I better get some of that less than two buck gas you were talking about in southern Illinois. See the movie and then we can have an intelligent conversation. By the way the movie is mostly a fictionalized recreation of reality which I do not rely on as the truth but simply as guidance as to the personality of this genius. So maybe Monday morning I can get back on the forum to see if you put on a disguise as the fire marshall and saw the movie for free.......I forgot it was a weekend when the rates were high.

41Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 1:40 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I edited the last part of my post before you got to read it.  lol

42Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 2:09 pm

Vikingwoman

What do you mean feather w/ the roller?

43Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 2:21 pm

2seaoat

Feathering is a technique used in computer graphics software to smooth or blur the edges of a feature. The term is inherited from a technique of fine retouching
using fine feathers. Most rookie painters will paint the above the trim using a brush or wheeled trim painter which leaves a distinct line on a finished wall. The same for the area along the ceiling. The art of feathering is to blend irregularly and blur the edge on the trim and ceiling painted area so you get a monolithic painted surface which a pro does when doing a house. Feathering does not work if either the wall or the trim has dried, so we have perfected our team approach to have me put the first coat on as she follows behind and does above the baseboard and below the ceiling, I then double back and feather the entire wall with a second coat as I blur the trim and ceiling areas.

44Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 3:03 pm

Vikingwoman

I see. I use a flat square tool for the trim and ceiling but the paint is much thicker using that and I have to go back and even it out.

45Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 6:22 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

All this talk about it made me have to see the movie this afternoon so I did.

But I stopped at the CVS on the way there.  Bought a can of mixed nuts on sale.  And a six-pack of peanut butter and cracker snacks,  and a bottle of Coke Zero.
The can of nuts went perfectly into my pants pocket after I'd put the car keys in the cargo pocket.
I got four of the peanut butter and cracker things in the other cargo pocket.
And since I had my phone in my left pocket I stuffed the bottle of coke down the back of my pants (and tightened up the belt).

p.s.  I'm a professional food smuggler,  don't try this "at home".
But if you do,  here's a tip for you.
Don't leave food packages or drink bottles in the auditorium.  And don't put it in the trash can by the auditorium entrance either.
Take it out with you.  If they start seeing more remains of outside food coming in they make try to crack down on it and none of us want that.

46Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Jobs movie 10/25/2015, 6:58 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,  remember the Andy Hertzfeld character in the movie,  the one who paid Lisa's college tuition when Jobs failed to do it?

I wasn't familiar with the relationship between Jobs and Hertzfeld and his role at Apple before seeing the movie.  So when I got home I wiki'ed the name.
Here's what the real Hertzfeld looked like and more about his role in all of it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Hertzfeld

[url=https://servimg.com/view/17592692/754]Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Hertzf10[/url]

Here's what the real Lisa looks like...

[url=https://servimg.com/view/17592692/755]Steve Jobs movie - Page 2 Lisa10
[/url]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum