Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GOP lawmaker: Benghazi panel "designed to go after" Hillary Clinton

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gop-lawmaker-benghazi-panel-designed-to-go-after-clinton/

Every investigation into this has concluded that there was no wrongdoing, and now we have two republicans who have conceded that the ulterior motive was to politically attack Clinton.

I'll say this, if you still regularly harp on Benghazi, you're either 1) incredibly stupid or 2) a scumbag of a human being. If you're still buying this bullshit, you're either so dumb that you can't recognize that it is obviously bullshit, or you do in fact recognize that it's bullshit, but you're still pushing it anyways because you have no problem with exploiting the deaths of four Americans so that you can take a political cheap shot.

By a show of hands, would any of our forum republicans like to officially make it their stance that the Benghazi investigations are on the up and up?

Another Republican lawmaker is suggesting the House Select Committee investigating Benghazi is targeting presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in a political takedown, just weeks after House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy drew fire from the GOP over similar remarks.

"Sometimes the biggest sin you can commit in D.C. is to tell the truth," Rep. Richard Hanna, R-New York, said Wednesday in a radio interview with WIBX 950. "This may not be politically correct, but I think that there was a big part of this investigation that was designed to go after people and an individual, Hillary Clinton."

"After what Kevin McCarthy said, it's difficult to accept at least a part of it was not," Hanna added. "I think that's the way Washington works. But you'd like to expect more from a committee that's spent millions of dollars and tons of time."

Last month, Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy invoked the 2016 election when touting the panel's work, tying Clinton's dipping poll numbers to the Benghazi probe.

"Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?" said McCarthy, then a strong candidate for the House Speaker position. "But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she's un-trustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened had we not fought and made that happen.

But House Republicans condemned McCarthy's remarks, saying that the committee only ever intended to investigate the facts, rather than engage in partisan attacks.

Responding to Hanna's recent comments, Clinton campaign spokesman Brian Fallon issued a harsh denunciation of the committee and its chair, Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-South Carolina.

"House Republicans aren't even shy anymore about admitting that the Benghazi Committee is a partisan farce," Fallon said in a statement. "Hillary Clinton will still attend next week's hearing, but at this point, Trey Gowdy's inquiry has zero credibility left."

Ranking committee member Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Maryland, repeated his call to end the committee's investigation "for the illegitimate purpose of trying to damage Hillary Clinton's bid for president."

"Over the past two weeks, we have heard the truth from the Republican House Majority Leader, one of Chairman Gowdy's own handpicked 'conservative Republican' investigators, and now yet another Republican Member of Congress, all saying what is crystal clear to those of us who have been working inside the Committee on a daily basis," Cummings said in a statement to CBS News.

Hanna's remarks come just as Huma Abedin, Clinton's deputy chief of staff and longtime family confidante, is set to be interviewed by the committee behind closed doors Friday. The former secretary of state is scheduled to appear before the panel on October 22.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well when your top secret server is next to a toilet I guess shit happens...

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well when your top secret server is next to a toilet I guess shit happens...

To clarify, is it your stance that the Benghazi investigations are on the up and up? Now that we have exhausted these investigations to the degree that this is the most heavily investigated "scandal" in US history, and now that we have had two republicans concede that this was a political stunt meant to attack Clinton, is it still your stance that Benghazi is a legitimate scandal that need be investigated further?

She lied and obstructed our rightful access to the public records. Only a useful idiot excuses that from any politician.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well when your top secret server is next to a toilet I guess shit happens...

To clarify, is it your stance that the Benghazi investigations are on the up and up?  Now that we have exhausted these investigations to the degree that this  is the most heavily investigated "scandal" in US history, and now that we have had two republicans concede that this was a political stunt meant to attack Clinton, is it still your stance that Benghazi is a legitimate scandal that need be investigated further?

Well of course it's still relevant if the dame is going to run for president. She's a loose canon, a criminal, at best sloppy in her housekeeping and you want to hand over the country to the broad ?

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

To clarify, is it your stance that the Benghazi investigations are on the up and up?  Now that we have exhausted these investigations to the degree that this  is the most heavily investigated "scandal" in US history, and now that we have had two republicans concede that this was a political stunt meant to attack Clinton, is it still your stance that Benghazi is a legitimate scandal that need be investigated further?

Well of course it's still relevant if the dame is going to run for president. She's a loose canon, a criminal, at best sloppy in her housekeeping and you want to hand over the country to the broad ?

Here again, this has been investigated more than any other "scandal" in US history and every investigation has concluded that there was no wrongdoing, and now we have two republicans conceding that it is a political stunt meant to attack Clinton.

This sentence that I just wrote, do you comprehend it?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Here again, this has been investigated more than any other "scandal" in US history and every investigation has concluded that there was no wrongdoing, and now we have two republicans conceding that it is a political stunt meant to attack Clinton.

Well let the wench defend herself, see what she's made of..."What difference does it make now", leaves me wanting a better explanation.

We still don't have all of the related emails comrade. In the last few weeks hundreds have trickled out. The dod turned over emails after she signed an affidavit that she had complied with the court orders and subpoenas. The fbi just confiscated services from the dos and another it company. We know you don't care, that literally nothing matters... literally nothing... because she is your candidate for dear leader. Why don't you just say that?

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Well let the wench defend herself, see what she's made of..."What difference does it make now", leaves me wanting a better explanation.

Defend herself from what?  Let me start over.  This "scandal" has been investigated more than any other scandal in the history of the United States.  We have never investigated anything - anything - more than this.  The conclusion of this unparalleled, exhaustive investigation is that there was no wrongdoing.   Let me repeat that.  The conclusion of this unparalleled, exhaustive, longest-in-the-history-of-the-US investigation is that there was no wrongdoing.  Add to that unparalleled level of scrutiny the fact that we now have two republicans who have came out and conceded that this has been a political stunt meant to attack the Clinton campaign.  

This text that I have written, are you capable of comprehending the message that is being conveyed?  Because when your response is "Well let the wench defend herself...", it suggests you do not comprehend this story.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:We still don't have all of the related emails comrade. In the last few weeks hundreds have trickled out. The dod turned over emails after she signed an affidavit that she had complied with the court orders and subpoenas. The fbi just confiscated services from the dos and another it company. We know you don't care, that literally nothing matters... literally nothing... because she is your candidate for dear leader. Why don't you just say that?

Read my responses to TEO.

She was the official in charge. There had been attacks on the red cross, british, and even the infamous compound.

Enemy flags were being openly displayed, attempted assassination of british ambassador, hole blown in benghazi wall.

The red cross and british evacuated... hillary refused to send reinforcements dispite repeats requests.

At this point she was still taking credit for overthrowing gaddafi. She was either naive or incompetent.

This is also when we've found out that she was exchanging emails with blumenthal... some not turned over until he was forced to supply emails. He was also pushing for the intervention in libya so that he could pursue business interests.

All of this could've been acknowledged and the truth told (except the blumenthal conflict of interest) but she decided to lie and conceal the evidence for political purposes right before an election... and obviously to conceal the ideologic idiocy.

I'm glad there has been an investigation and that it persevered. Without it there would've been no disclosure from her... no transparency... no accountability. I know that's to your chagrin because she's a democrat... tough shit.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:She was the official in charge. There had been attacks on the red cross, british, and even the infamous compound.

Enemy flags were being openly displayed, attempted assassination of british ambassador, hole blown in benghazi wall.

The red cross and british evacuated... hillary refused to send reinforcements dispite repeats requests.

At this point she was still taking credit for overthrowing gaddafi. She was either naive or incompetent.

This is also when we've found out that she was exchanging emails with blumenthal... some not turned over until he was forced to supply emails. He was also pushing for the intervention in libya so that he could pursue business interests.

All of this could've been acknowledged and the truth told (except the blumenthal conflict of interest) but she decided to lie and conceal the evidence for political purposes right before an election... and obviously to conceal the ideologic idiocy.

I'm glad there has been an investigation and that it persevered. Without it there would've been no disclosure from her... no transparency... no accountability. I know that's to your chagrin because she's a democrat... tough shit.

All that you just laid out has been investigated by teams and teams and teams of people.  This has been investigated more than any other "scandal" in the history of the United States.  And the conclusion of that investigation is that no wrongdoing took place.  One more time for our middle aged forum member who experienced a failure to launch beyond high school libertarianism:  The conclusion of this exhaustive investigation is that no wrongdoing took place.

You're like an idiot with a middle school level understanding of physics arguing with an engineer that it would simply be impossible for a 450 ton hunk of steel to fly through the air....meanwhile 747s are flying overhead.  The engineer has given up on explaining the physics to you so he simply points to the 747 overhead.  And after looking at that 747, your response is basically "Whatever, comrade.  Facts simply don't matter to you.  Etc. etc."

I realize that you probably think I'm embellishing a bit there, but you really are that dumb. My advice to you would be to find a new line of interest, because politics is far far beyond your scope.

Normal critical thinking people require all of the information possible/available before drawing conclusions.

I don't know why I wasted those words on you though... it's obvious that you have no idea what that means.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Normal critical thinking people require all of the information possible/available before drawing conclusions.

I don't know why I wasted those words on you though... it's obvious that you have no idea what that means.

Normal, critical-thinking people look at the fact that republicans have exhaustively investigated this "scandal" longer than any other in US history and have concluded that 1) no wrongdoing took place and 2) have also conceded this whole charade was a political stunt intended to attack the Clinton campaign, and those normal, critical thinking people therefor conclude - just as the exhaustive investigations - that no wrongdoing took place.

It's kinda like climate science. Normal, critical-thinking people look at the unanimous consensus that exists among all scientific organizations on the planet, and agree with that consensus.

Meanwhile, non-critical-thinking idiots argue with engineers over whether or not 450 ton hunks of steel can really fly through the air or not.

Hey, PkrBum, look up! Look up, stupid!

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:She lied and obstructed our rightful access to the public records. Only a useful idiot excuses that from any politician.

All Hillary Clinton and the State Department had to have done is turn over the servers, without stealing the information on them and respond to all subpoenas and FOIA's and this would have been over months ago.

Then again, it is likely that Hillary, Huma and others would have been indicted by this time too.

gatorfan

This Benghazi marathon would have been over long long ago if there had been even a modicum of honesty and cooperation from the administration in general and HRC in particular. There wasn't; that would tend to cause suspicion on the part of any intelligent person but that doesn't include HRC apologists.

Of course that's the way this administration in general, and HRC specifically, operate - lie, obfuscate, delay, whine, cry, point fingers, throw every available body under the bus - and most importantly - DENY RESPONSIBILITY at all costs.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:This Benghazi marathon would have been over long long ago if there had been even a modicum of honesty and cooperation from the administration in general and HRC in particular. There wasn't; that would tend to cause suspicion on the part of any intelligent person but that doesn't include HRC apologists.

Of course that's the way this administration in general, and HRC specifically, operate - lie, obfuscate, delay, whine, cry, point fingers, throw every available body under the bus - and most importantly - DENY RESPONSIBILITY at all costs.

The marathon would have been over long ago if the true intent were anything other than "Attack the Clinton campaign".  Being it the case that we now have two republicans conceding that the driving factor behind these investigations is in fact "Attack the Clinton campaign", they will inevitably continue throughout the election season.  

Well, either through then or until this entire charade blows up in the republicans' faces - which is what appears to be happening.

GOP 2016!

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:This Benghazi marathon would have been over long long ago if there had been even a modicum of honesty and cooperation from the administration in general and HRC in particular. There wasn't; that would tend to cause suspicion on the part of any intelligent person but that doesn't include HRC apologists.

The marathon would have been over long ago if the true intent were anything other than "Attack the Clinton campaign".  Being it the case that we now have two republicans conceding that the driving factor behind these investigations is in fact "Attack the Clinton campaign", they will inevitably continue throughout the election season.  

Well, either through then or until this entire charade blows up in the republicans' faces - which is what appears to be happening.

GOP 2016!

I suspect it started for the "official reason" but has evolved into a political football - after all HRC wasn't even "officially" campaigning when it started. Be that as it may they should call it a day. It's already well established the administration and HRC lied through their teeth about the incident after it occurred. However if the DOJ started locking up politicians for lying there wouldn't be anyone in office.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

GOP 2016!

I suspect it started for the "official reason" but has evolved into a political football - after all HRC wasn't even "officially" campaigning when it started. Be that as it may they should call it a day. It's already well established the administration and HRC lied through their teeth about the incident after it occurred. However if the DOJ started locking up politicians for lying there wouldn't be anyone in office.

Actually, the exact opposite has been well established.  One more time for our forum republicans:  This issue has been investigated more than any other in the history of the US, and the conclusion of that investigation is that no wrongdoing took place.  

It seems like such an easy group of words to comprehend, and yet it appears to be out of reach for the likes of gatorfan, Markle, PkrBum, and TEO.

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

!

I suspect it started for the "official reason" but has evolved into a political football - after all HRC wasn't even "officially" campaigning when it started. Be that as it may they should call it a day. It's already well established the administration and HRC lied through their teeth about the incident (how and why it started) after it occurred. However if the DOJ started locking up politicians for lying there wouldn't be anyone in office.

Actually, the exact opposite has been well established.  .

What was it someone on here said about you? Oh yes, "willful ignorance".

I highlighted the pertinent point in red. Disprove, if you can, that they didn't lie about the incident after it occurred. You won't be able to so you will throw some more willfully ignorant BoFshit up here. As usual.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

!

I suspect it started for the "official reason" but has evolved into a political football - after all HRC wasn't even "officially" campaigning when it started. Be that as it may they should call it a day. It's already well established the administration and HRC lied through their teeth about the incident (how and why it started) after it occurred. However if the DOJ started locking up politicians for lying there wouldn't be anyone in office.

I highlighted the pertinent point in red. Disprove, if you can, that they didn't lie about the incident after it occurred. You won't be able to so you will throw some more willfully ignorant BoFshit up here. As usual.

It isn't my responsibility to disprove your bullshit. It is your responsibility to prove your bullshit. You made an assertion. Can you support that assertion or can you not? Because I can certainly prove that this "scandal" has been investigated more than any other in US history and that the conclusion from those investigations was that no wrongdoing took place. That is fairly easy. If your assertion is well established, it should also be fairly easy for you to support it.

It's amazing that someone can reach adulthood and yet still not grasp the concept of "burden of proof". Were you homeschooled, gatorfan?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

!

It isn't my responsibility to disprove your bullshit.  It is your responsibility to prove your bullshit.  You made an assertion.  Can you support that assertion or can you not?   Because I can certainly prove that this "scandal" has been investigated more than any other in US history and that the conclusion from those investigations was that no wrongdoing took place.  That is fairly easy.  If your assertion is well established, it should also be fairly easy for you to support it.

It's amazing that someone can reach adulthood and yet still not grasp the concept of "burden of proof".  Were you homeschooled, gatorfan?

Like I said, more BoFshit. What a tool......so predictable and childish....

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

!

It isn't my responsibility to disprove your bullshit.  It is your responsibility to prove your bullshit.  You made an assertion.  Can you support that assertion or can you not?   Because I can certainly prove that this "scandal" has been investigated more than any other in US history and that the conclusion from those investigations was that no wrongdoing took place.  That is fairly easy.  If your assertion is well established, it should also be fairly easy for you to support it.

It's amazing that someone can reach adulthood and yet still not grasp the concept of "burden of proof".  Were you homeschooled, gatorfan?

Like I said, more BoFshit. What a tool......so predictable and childish....

So you're going to run away just as you always do? This is another one of those times where you make some sort of idiotic claim and then you're incapable of supporting it, so you tell me I'm full of shit and then promptly exit the thread? By a show of hands, who here is surprised by the fact that gatorfan - once again - is at a loss?

My post was not "BoFshit".   You made an assertion.  That assertion is "It's already well established the administration and HRC lied through their teeth about the incident."   Can you support that assertion with facts or can you not?  It isn't my responsibility to disprove your assertions, rather, it is your responsibility to prove your assertions.  Good god.  I feel like I'm engaged in discussion with a six year old here.

gatorfan, it is well established that every GOP presidential candidate has signed an open letter to ISIS calling for them to rule our country by proxy should any of the GOP candidates get elected.   OK.  Now disprove that, gatorfan.  If you can't disprove that, I guess that must mean it's true, right, analysis-boy?

It's already October so it may be too late to register for the fall term, but may I suggest enrolling in Logic101 at PSC for the spring, as you're clearing inept in that regard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum