Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Liberal GQ magazine excoriating Ben Carson for preaching self defense

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/10/08/gq-fck-ben-carson-for-preaching-self-defense/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

RACISTS..!! And green participation ribbon idiots too.

2seaoat

This idea that unarmed people should charge an armed person is a concept that has merits, but it has no merits where the timing and innuendo after a mass shooting is to suggest that the victims were somehow at fault or shared some of the responsibility because they did not act......If I was a parent of one of those kids I think I would prefer the good doctor keep that opinion to himself for a couple weeks and then discuss it in a more general context, with multiple examples where the alternative to attack has merits. I really believe he is simply out of touch and not very experienced with dealing with spontaneous events. I may be wrong, but thinking Jews in Germany might have changed their fate if they were armed is some more of that victim blaming which is unseemly, and raises legitimate questions about his candidacy.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Even Gandhi had more sense than you seaoat...

If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. .....Gandhi

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

He chose to try and make himself out as some kind of hero...but he would have led unarmed people into harm's way. He talked about having a gun pointed at him in the past (which no one has been able to verify) and said that he directed the gunman away from himself by pointing at the person behind the counter..."you want him...not me". How pathetic does it have to get before you right-wing crazies realize what you're voting for?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well look what you left wing crazies voted for TWICE !

A Sissy.....

Liberal GQ magazine excoriating Ben Carson for preaching self defense Effeminate-obama

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:This idea that unarmed people should charge an armed person is a concept that has merits, but it has no merits where the timing and innuendo after a mass shooting is to suggest that the victims were somehow at fault or shared some of the responsibility because they did not act......If I was a parent of one of those kids I think I would prefer the good doctor keep that opinion to himself for a couple weeks and then discuss it in a more general context, with multiple examples where the alternative to attack has merits.   I really believe he is simply out of touch and not very experienced with dealing with spontaneous events.  I may be wrong, but thinking Jews in Germany might have changed their fate if they were armed is some more of that victim blaming which is unseemly, and raises legitimate questions about his candidacy.

It's a concept beyond the comprehension of Progressives. It is called transparency and honesty. I KNOW, what the heck is that?

Dr. Carson was asked what HE would have done in that situation and he was asked if he was a Christian.

He commented: “Not only would I probably not cooperate with him, I would not just stand there and let him shoot me,” Carson told Fox & Friends on Tuesday in response to a question about how he’d have handled the gunman in a hypothetical situation. “I would say: ‘Hey, guys, everybody attack him! He may shoot me but he can’t get us all.'”

He told the truth, what he hoped he would do in the same circumstance. If you remember, there was another man shot who did just that, he rushed the shooter. Had everyone done so, is it not possible that far fewer fatalities would have taken place?

I'd like to think I'd have done the same thing. That in no way denigrates what the victims actually did.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

When did GQ become "liberal"? I must have missed the memo.

Carson would put innocent people in greater danger...that's not "Christian". That's stupid.

Floridatexan wrote:
When did GQ become "liberal"? I must have missed the memo.

Carson would put innocent people in greater danger...that's not "Christian". That's stupid.

Danger of what? Getting shot? Lol... complete lack of situational awareness. Not to mention RACIST..!!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan wrote:
When did GQ become "liberal"?  I must have missed the memo.  

Carson would put innocent people in greater danger...that's not "Christian".  That's stupid.

MOre of a danger to cooperate....

Lots of Jews just got on the relocation train as the Nazis suggested....ended up with a gas bath...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum