Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Atheists force their religious beliefs on everyone else.

+3
Markle
boards of FL
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Good god you're an idiot.  

Atheists have no religious beliefs.  

By definition they don't believe in a god but they do have the belief and practice (religion) that no one else should believe in god. Then they impose that belief on others as shown by the post....(insert pejorative here)....

No .... we just have a "belief and practice" (your words) that government should not promote or favor religion .... any religion ... at all.

I don't want to see it in our government schools, on our money, on a courtroom wall, etc.   There's just no need for it and it's certainly Constitutionally inappropriate in those places if you ask me.  You wouldn't want to see Islamic, Zorastrian, Buddhist symbols/references/recognition in those places, now would you?  

So if you'll just keep your religion out of government, I'll do the same with my a-theism, and the Muzzies, Zorastrians, and everybody else can do the same ...... & we'll all get along fine.   Thanks.

Well put eg... both sides need to take a step back and respect the others positions.

Either side that wishes govt to enforce their positions and beliefs has taken the wrong turn. There's room for all.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There is something we always overlook in this.

If you believe the Bible, or the Koran whichever, is the guide for life given to humans by the God who created everything, then how could you ever believe man's laws and man's constitutions would trump that.

If I believed that, then I would always put that ahead of any laws or any constitutions.
So if God's book says homosexuality is nothing more than people choosing to commit a sin, I would have to take the position Kim Davis did. Or Huckabee does. Or a million others who believe that book.

There is no reasoning or logic or justice or anything else which would supercede what the Creator of everything in existence is telling us. Because He is the Creator of everything in existence and I sure don't want to go against that and end up in hell for eternity.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

“When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it does not support itself so that its professors are obliged to call for the help of the civil power, ’tis a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one.” Ben Franklin

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

EmeraldGhost wrote:“When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it does not support itself so that its professors are obliged to call for the help of the civil power, ’tis a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one.”   Ben Franklin

Surprisingly, my own position is not much different from the one being expressed here by others: We don't need or want government boosting, or forcing any religion on us all. I agree. But, being as I truly believe religions are harmful and evil, I'll continue to advocate against them.. ALL

Wordslinger wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:“When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it does not support itself so that its professors are obliged to call for the help of the civil power, ’tis a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one.”   Ben Franklin

Surprisingly, my own position is not much different from the one being expressed here by others: We don't need or want government boosting, or forcing any religion on us all. I agree. But, being as I truly believe religions are harmful and evil, I'll continue to advocate against them.. ALL

Atleast until you can round them all up and force them into stasi reconditioning camps... eh comrade?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Surprisingly, my own position is not much different from the one being expressed here by others:  We don't need or want government boosting, or forcing any religion on us all.  I agree.  But, being as I truly believe religions are harmful and evil, I'll continue to advocate against them.. ALL

Atleast until you can round them all up and force them into stasi reconditioning camps... eh comrade?

Absolutely not. We'll shoot them all where they live. They're nothing but trouble. They want to see God, right? We'll do them the favor.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Surprisingly, my own position is not much different from the one being expressed here by others:  We don't need or want government boosting, or forcing any religion on us all.  I agree.  But, being as I truly believe religions are harmful and evil, I'll continue to advocate against them.. ALL

Absolutely not.  We'll shoot them all where they live.  They're nothing but trouble.  They want to see God, right? We'll do them the favor.

You got the same opinion and way of dealing with Christians as ISIS....that would make you ...humm.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Absolutely not.  We'll shoot them all where they live.  They're nothing but trouble.  They want to see God, right? We'll do them the favor.

You got the same opinion and way of dealing with Christians as ISIS....that would make you ...humm.

You do realize, of course, we will treat Muslims, Jews, Catholics and Christians the same. We haven't made up our minds about Scientologists yet ...

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

You do realize, of course, we will treat Muslims, Jews, Catholics and Christians the same.  We haven't made up our minds about Scientologists yet ...

Pretty sure we got more guns and stuff...but everyone is allowed to dream of shaping their world to suit them....like John Lennon....Just imagine...

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:

Except your own of course.

Atheists force their religious beliefs on everyone else. - Page 2 GodlessPoliticalParty_zps2d368068

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Except your own of course.

Atheists force their religious beliefs on everyone else. - Page 2 GodlessPoliticalParty_zps2d368068

News: God doesn't like racists or people who oppress the poor. You're in deep trouble Markle.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote: We haven't made up our minds about Scientologists yet

I have.  I think when anyone can invent a religion because of a barroom bet,  and he's so successful at it that he can get major movie stars to buy into it to the point that they jump around on couches on national tv and make fools of themselves;  anyone who can accomplish that is an even better bullshitter than Donald Trump.  I love it.

Damn,  the sentences I write are so long that the old maid teaching English at Pensacola High would have a hissy fit.  One time she told me how fucked up my sentences are,  and I told her to go dangle some participles.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum