Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For seaoat: 'The Islamic State is no mere collection of psychopaths. It is a religious group with carefully considered beliefs, among them that it is a key agent of the coming apocalypse"

+2
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is not coming from talk radio or Fox News.  This is coming from The Atlantic.

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/02/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

2seaoat

I disagree. I believe it is a criminal enterprise with questionable intentions which uses religion as a recruitment tool. Who is behind the money flowing to the leadership of this group initially, and what are their motives? Yes, what they are selling to the thousands who flock to the "cause" may indeed evolve to what the article espouses, but the kernel of truth here is that chaos expands in the middle east, three important interest groups profit. First, the obvious is the MIC, but what is not obvious is the investors in the same who have placed huge bets on a ground war. Second, is the State of Israel who is seeing a united Europe and utter chaos from one end of the Middle East to the other. In this chaos the Nation State has never been safer. Third, are those nation states other than Israel who want America to be bogged down in a wealth eating blood sacrificing ground war in the Middle East......this list could include many nations, and some of those nations may hope for a destructive drain, or a protective shield.

Yes, I will grant that this could evolve into what the article espouses, but I highly doubt that this group hatched among Sadham's Sunni tribesman who when in power were secular ever intended this to grow and be as attractive to zealots as in fact it has been. It remains a criminal enterprise.

KarlRove

KarlRove

by 2seaoat Today at 12:57 pm
I disagree. I believe it is a criminal enterprise with questionable intentions which uses religion as a recruitment tool. Who is behind the money flowing to the leadership of this group initially, and what are their motives? Yes, what they are selling to the thousands who flock to the "cause" may indeed evolve to what the article espouses, but the kernel of truth here is that chaos expands in the middle east, three important interest groups profit. First, the obvious is the MIC, but what is not obvious is the investors in the same who have placed huge bets on a ground war. Second, is the State of Israel who is seeing a united Europe and utter chaos from one end of the Middle East to the other. In this chaos the Nation State has never been safer. Third, are those nation states other than Israel who want America to be bogged down in a wealth eating blood sacrificing ground war in the Middle East......this list could include many nations, and some of those nations may hope for a destructive drain, or a protective shield.

Yes, I will grant that this could evolve into what the article espouses, but I highly doubt that this group hatched among Sadham's Sunni tribesman who when in power were secular ever intended this to grow and be as attractive to zealots as in fact it has been. It remains a criminal enterprise.
---/
Saddam's dead gve it w rest just as bush is no longer Potus

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: I highly doubt that this group hatched among Sadham's Sunni tribesman who when in power were secular ever intended this to grow and be as attractive to zealots as in fact it has been.  It remains a criminal enterprise.

You need some further education.

The Evolution of ISIS

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/tr/security/2013/11/syria-islamic-state-iraq-sham-growth.html#

Look at the rumblings... if egypt loses the sinai isis is threatening israel. That kind of conflict could unite islamic enemies. Iran is a power player again. Russia is pushing into eastern europe. China is pushing against japan, philippines... etc.

Obama is probably scared to death... rightfully so. What a clusterfuck he's presiding over. STUNNING SUCCESS..!!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

We should have left Saddam Hussein in power like Dick Cheney advised at the end of the Gulf War. Biggest foreign policy mistake this country has ever made was to remove him and create a vacuum for all this insanity to fill.

and afghanistan... and lybia... and egypt... and iran before that... and so forth and so on. We apparently never learn.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:and afghanistan... and lybia... and egypt... and iran before that... and so forth and so on. We apparently never learn.

What is your optimal strategy for dealing with ISIS? You view the current policy of the US providing air support as bad. I assume you view the full-scale-ground war strategy from the right as a bad as well. I'm guessing that you also see doing absolutely nothing as being bad as well.

What strategy does PkrBum advocate? Bad ideas fail?

It's going to blow up no matter what we do now. Cut off the whole show... no aid... no arms... no nothing.

It's time for europe and israel and countries who don't want to be ruled by islamic extremists to take up the fight.

Sal

Sal

The fact is that ISIS is an extremist Sunni death cult that has successfully filled power vacuums that we created in the Sunni Triangle.

All their prophetic visions and grand ambitions are not going to allow them to expand much from that region.

They're easily contained, and eventually you would think that more moderate Sunnis would tire of their schtick and rid themselves of them.

We should gladly provide passports and one way tickets to any jihadis who want to go hang out in the Sunni Triangle.

It's good to have them all in one place.

KarlRove

KarlRove

by Sal Today at 5:18 pm
The fact is that ISIS is an extremist Sunni death cult that has successfully filled power vacuums that we created in the Sunni Triangle.

All their prophetic visions and grand ambitions are not going to allow them to expand much from that region.

They're easily contained, and eventually you would think that more moderate Sunnis would tire of their schtick and rid themselves of them.

We should gladly provide passports and one way tickets to any jihadis who want to go hang out in the Sunni Triangle.

It's good to have them all in one place.
------
We could have filled this void but we had gutless POTUS playing golf instead of tending to FP

Sal

Sal

KarlRove wrote:
We could have filled this void

Forever and ever?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

If only we had left Iraq alone. The only thing valuable about Iraq was its 143 billion barrels of recoverable crude. Unfortunately, we elected former oilmen to the executive branch in 2000. PNAC wingnuts who were former oilmen, and who believed America could and should militarily dominate the world.

Bush invading Iraq was akin to Mussolini invading Ethiopia. A massive strategic blunder. And, we can't even keep the oil! China now buys most of Iraq's new oil production. Nice, huh?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Did obama pull out claiming job done or not? Lol... technically we should call this a new invasion... right?

Why does it always have to be political and blame shifting? Why does obama never get held responsible or accountable?

Try to be honest... we are set into a death spiral if people can't be objective and fair.

Who here would award him the nobel prize today?

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:and afghanistan... and lybia... and egypt... and iran before that... and so forth and so on. We apparently never learn.

What is your optimal strategy for dealing with ISIS?  You view the current policy of the US providing air support as bad.  I assume you view the full-scale-ground war strategy from the right as a bad as well.  I'm guessing that you also see doing absolutely nothing as being bad as well.

What strategy does PkrBum advocate?  Bad ideas fail?

For seaoat:  'The Islamic State is no mere collection of psychopaths. It is a religious group with carefully considered beliefs, among them that it is a key agent of the coming apocalypse" Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlHUMVPhtLyj_AQ2aE-Xd8EQurGjrv5ZM2mWMLgPGCiPYSCM4nZg

1. No foreign aid, no arms, no trade, etc...

2. No UN support either or the US will only pay 5% of the total operating costs of the UN from now on. Otherwise those nations causing trouble will be ousted from the UN or the US will withdraw totally and start a new cooperation of nations that only allows select nations to participate so long as they all pay a share and cause no 'trouble' or take care of their problems.

3. If a 'terrorist' causes severe trouble then their immediate family is considered at fault and their citizenship will be reviewed, and possibly revoked after judicial consideration of the incident, at which time they may be sent back to the 'homeland' with which they identify.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cZoM5reqo

Smile

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:This is not coming from talk radio or Fox News.  This is coming from The Atlantic.

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/02/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Yo, Bob ...

... thanks for posting that article.

I read the entire screed and found it very interesting.

Here's a counter argument in which you may be interested ...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/americas-most-prominent-muslim-says-the-atlantic-is-doing-pr-for-isis/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum