Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2% cut in reimbursment to cost half million healthcare jobs in 1st year

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

In the case of the cuts to Medicare, seniors would see no changes in their benefits, but providers, including doctors and hospitals, would see an across-the-board 2 percent cut to reimbursements. An estimated 496,000 health care jobs would be lost during the first year of cuts, according to a report funded by doctors, hospitals and nurses groups.

Hospitals would bear the largest share of the cuts. The Federal Hospital Insurance Trust Fund would be reduced by about $5.8 billion, while the National Institutes of Health would see a $2.5 billion reduction. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention would face cuts of $490 million, and the Food and Drug administration would see reductions of about $318 million.

Funding for the health law’s insurance exchange grants would decrease by $66 million while funding for the health law’s prevention fund would drop by $76 million, according to the report.

In addition, the National Institutes of Health “would have to halt or curtail scientific research, including needed research into cancer and childhood diseases,” the report states

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2012/September/14/sequestration-and-medicare.aspx?utm_source=khn&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=widget

why cant we just stop giving aid to muslims and jews and men with dirty penises?

and stop all these bridges to no where in california, or all these art centers, and tons of other stupid programs.

no, because we are a stupid nation, with stupid leaders and stupid people who follow stupid leaders. we need to go mess with the only one real thing we had left that was actually working.

Mad

Slicef18

Slicef18

Despite House Speaker John Boehner’s comments to the contrary many analysts believe that lawmakers will pass a temporary reprieve because the cuts are disliked so much by both parties.

Slicef18 wrote:Despite House Speaker John Boehner’s comments to the contrary many analysts believe that lawmakers will pass a temporary reprieve because the cuts are disliked so much by both parties.

Sep 15, 2012

In a report issued Friday, the Obama administration outlined the budget accounts which would be touched by sequestration's automatic spending reductions. Although Medicare benefits are exempt, a 2 percent cut would be imposed on Medicare provider payments.

I would like to point out the apopolyptic outcome to this. but to be honest. Im just tired. The above is the update to what i posted.

lol... another system designed to fail. gee... i wonder if the solution will increase govt control?

Yella

Yella

Rogue wrote:In the case of the cuts to Medicare, seniors would see no changes in their benefits, but providers, including doctors and hospitals, would see an across-the-board 2 percent cut to reimbursements. An estimated 496,000 health care jobs would be lost during the first year of cuts, according to a report funded by doctors, hospitals and nurses groups.

Hospitals would bear the largest share of the cuts. The Federal Hospital Insurance Trust Fund would be reduced by about $5.8 billion, while the National Institutes of Health would see a $2.5 billion reduction. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention would face cuts of $490 million, and the Food and Drug administration would see reductions of about $318 million.

Funding for the health law’s insurance exchange grants would decrease by $66 million while funding for the health law’s prevention fund would drop by $76 million, according to the report.

In addition, the National Institutes of Health “would have to halt or curtail scientific research, including needed research into cancer and childhood diseases,” the report states

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2012/September/14/sequestration-and-medicare.aspx?utm_source=khn&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=widget

why cant we just stop giving aid to muslims and jews and men with dirty penises?

and stop all these bridges to no where in california, or all these art centers, and tons of other stupid programs.

no, because we are a stupid nation, with stupid leaders and stupid people who follow stupid leaders. we need to go mess with the only one real thing we had left that was actually working.

Mad

I am convinced all the aid we send to the Middle East is wasted upon the corrupt leaders who are wealthy beyond imagination while the average people continue to starve and happily throw rocks and scream curses at the whoever they are instructed to throw and curse at,

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:
Rogue wrote:In the case of the cuts to Medicare, seniors would see no changes in their benefits, but providers, including doctors and hospitals, would see an across-the-board 2 percent cut to reimbursements. An estimated 496,000 health care jobs would be lost during the first year of cuts, according to a report funded by doctors, hospitals and nurses groups.

Mad

I am convinced all the aid we send to the Middle East is wasted upon the corrupt leaders who are wealthy beyond imagination while the average people continue to starve and happily throw rocks and scream curses at the whoever they are instructed to throw and curse at,

oh thats a fact. they live in thier super large palaces and enjoy all the modern luxuries while thier people live like cave dwelling barbarians.

The cuts are extended every year and obama wanted to put an end to these cuts last year in the budget and the republicans would have nothing to do with it.

After the scotus ruled the law was constitutional fox interviewed the administrator of the largest hospital in N.Y. can't remember either names but he said other than putting regulations in place he did not think it would hurt them monetarily.

If we even cut half the aid we give to other countries that eventually take a dump on us we could cover health care with no problems.

And I wash mine Twisted Evil

reaper1948 wrote:The cuts are extended every year and obama wanted to put an end to these cuts last year in the budget and the republicans would have nothing to do with it.

After the scotus ruled the law was constitutional fox interviewed the administrator of the largest hospital in N.Y. can't remember either names but he said other than putting regulations in place he did not think it would hurt them monetarily.

If we even cut half the aid we give to other countries that eventually take a dump on us we could cover health care with no problems.

The only thing that went up to see if it was constitutional was the mandate. the rest of the law passed in 2010 and has been rolled out already, which some parts all ready in place, and this is just another portion of it that takes place in jan. 3 months from now.

It doesnt look like this is going to be repealed. with the lame duck session, the presidential race going on, and the news of this as of this last friday. he said they are keeping it. so if he said they are keeping it I have no other reason to think that some miracle is going to happen and change it.

and im glad you do. Im not sure if you know what I mean when i say that, obama spent a lot of money over in africa teaching men how to wash thier penises....

Markle

Markle

Slicef18 wrote:Despite House Speaker John Boehner’s comments to the contrary many analysts believe that lawmakers will pass a temporary reprieve because the cuts are disliked so much by both parties.

The "cuts" were put in placed to enable ObamaCare to be passed by lying to the public the massive cost.

The deep cuts to hospitals and doctors, if actually put in place, would cause massive shortages of care much like they have in Canada and Great Britain.

Continuously passing "Doctor Fixes" pushes the cost of ObamaCare to astronomical heights which the Democrats want to keep hidden until it is to late. Exactly as they have done with the Social Security and Medicare out of control situation.

laid out in real numbers and real increases in govt controls and the real implications of adding real numbers to the govt systems... are we really expecting cost savings? really?

Rogue wrote:
reaper1948 wrote:The cuts are extended every year and obama wanted to put an end to these cuts last year in the budget and the republicans would have nothing to do with it.

The only thing that went up to see if it was constitutional was the mandate. the rest of the law passed in 2010 and has been rolled out already, which some parts all ready in place, and this is just another portion of it that takes place in jan. 3 months from now.

It doesnt look like this is going to be repealed. with the lame duck session, the presidential race going on, and the news of this as of this last friday. he said they are keeping it. so if he said they are keeping it I have no other reason to think that some miracle is going to happen and change it.

and im glad you do. Im not sure if you know what I mean when i say that, obama spent a lot of money over in africa teaching men how to wash thier penises....

Why can't you post anything that's a fact? The new law goes into effect in Jan.2014 not three months from now. Obama did not spend any money teaching Africans how to wash their peepee's. That was allocated by Congress.

Rogue wrote:

How do you know I'm not from Africa?

No there were 4 parts that were before the scotus the most important being the mandate. It won't matter around 4 million will ignore the mandate and only get health insurance when they're sick. I know the timeline of implementation. Did you really think Romney would repeal it if he wins? He's has mentioned turning it over to the states. So what is the difference? Well hello that is why the states were suppose to set up exchanges. Hell he wants dependents to be able to stay on their parents indefinitely. So when you are 70 and your kid is 50, don't you just think it's time to cut the cord? Besides if it's going to be a guaranteed issue product Jan 1 2014 why bother keeping your kids on your plan? In fact money wise it may be cheaper for your kid to come off.

I would imagine some of the some of parts of it will be reworked, waivers given in special circumstances to health care providers and several more lawsuits. I doubt very seriously everything as written today will be implemented. Most of it will but probably not all.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Why can't you post anything that's a fact? The new law goes into effect in Jan.2014 not three months from now. Obama did not spend any money teaching Africans how to wash their peepee's. That was allocated by Congress.

Well in her defense there have many parts implemented since 9/23/2010

reaper1948 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Yes but the rest of it does not go into effect in 3 months as she said.

Dreamsglore wrote:
reaper1948 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Yes but the rest of it does not go into effect in 3 months as she said.

you have a reading comphrehension problem. the 2% does go into effect jan2013.

The cut, which will affect physicians, hospitals, and other providers, but leave enrollee benefits untouched, is scheduled to take effect January 1, 2013
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/770816

your probaly think about the possible 27% cut they want to give them next year in 2014.

have a good night ms know it all stupid ass.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Markle wrote:

The "cuts" were put in placed to enable ObamaCare to be passed by lying to the public the massive cost.

The deep cuts to hospitals and doctors, if actually put in place, would cause massive shortages of care much like they have in Canada and Great Britain.

Continuously passing "Doctor Fixes" pushes the cost of ObamaCare to astronomical heights which the Democrats want to keep hidden until it is to late. Exactly as they have done with the Social Security and Medicare out of control situation.

Yup, That's how they make sausage in Washington.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Markle wrote:

There are not massive shortages in Canada and Great Britain. Elective tests and procedures have some long scheduling times but emergencies have priority. There are some that receive Healthcare in America and they are those wealthy enough to pay out of pocket for tests and procedures. The other group are tourists who get sick while in this country.

Slicef18 wrote:
Markle wrote:

There are not massive shortages in Canada and Great Britain. Elective tests and procedures have some long scheduling times but emergencies have priority. There are some that receive Healthcare in America and they are those wealthy enough to pay out of pocket for tests and procedures. The other group are tourists who get sick while in this country.

I think it should say something that the wealthy come to America to get thier healthcare. It does actually. They want short wait times and high quality care.

Those things I just spoke about will slowly go away as staff crunches continue to spiral out of control due to massive reimburments being cut. Staff cuts = service cut. and yes, this will eventually affect quality. Which then will effect more reimbursments taken away as HCAPS scores become low do tothese things.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum