Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alabama closes DMV offices in counties that are 75% black

+4
gatorfan
EmeraldGhost
Joanimaroni
othershoe1030
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

2seaoat

To receive a free Alabama Photo Voter ID card, a voter must show:

A photo ID document or a non-photo identity document can be used if it contains your full legal name and date of birth;
Documentation showing the voter’s date of birth (can be verified by information in the statewide voter file);
Documentation showing the person is a registered voter (can be verified by voter registration information); *
Documentation showing the voter’s name and address as reflected in the voter registration record (can be verified by voter registration information).*

*The processing agents will verify this item needed to receive the free Alabama Photo Voter ID card by checking the voter's record in the statewide voter registration system.
Examples of Photo ID documents that can be used to obtain
Examples of Non-Photo ID Documents that can be used to obtain a free Alabama Photo Voter ID card
All must contain full legal name and date of birth

Birth Certificate *
Hospital or nursing home record
Marriage Record *
State or Federal Census Record
Military Record
Medicare or Medicaid document
Social Security Administration Document
Certificate of Citizenship
Official school record or transcript
Examples of Non-Photo ID Documents that can be used to obtain a free Alabama Photo Voter ID card

Birth Certificate *
Marriage Record *
Military Record
The Secretary of State’s office has entered an agreement with the Alabama Department of Public Health whereby a free birth or marriage certificate will be provided to the processing or issuing agent when a voter needs one of these documents in order to obtain a free Alabama photo voter ID card.

Yep, you cannot handicap stupidity.......I showed two bills to my house...electric and direct tv and I was registered and had a photo drivers license when I changed my address after moving......keep singing that BS that this is about voter fraud.....it is about literacy tests, and poll taxes to disenfranchise citizens.....a goal which has been verbalized repeatedly.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Right cause stupid people should be allowed to vote democrat. Smart ones don't.

Sal

Sal

This conversation is reminiscent of the probable next Speaker of the House admitting that the Benghazi "investigation" is, in reality, a politically motivated ratfucking of the Clinton campaign, and people refusing to hear him and continuing to insist that the investigation is legit.

There are numerous examples of Republicans admitting that voter ID laws are aimed at disenfranchising minority voters, and here we have people reusing to acknowledge the obvious and insisting these tactics are anything but what they transparently are.

Willful ignorance.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:To receive a free Alabama Photo Voter ID card, a voter must show:

A photo ID document or a non-photo identity document can be used if it contains your full legal name and date of birth;
   Documentation showing the voter’s date of birth (can be verified by information in the statewide voter file);
   Documentation showing the person is a registered voter (can be verified by voter registration information); *
   Documentation showing the voter’s name and address as reflected in the voter registration record (can be verified by voter registration information).*

*The processing agents will verify this item needed to receive the free Alabama Photo Voter ID card by checking the voter's record in the statewide voter registration system.
Examples of Photo ID documents that can be used to obtain

Birth Certificate *
   Marriage Record *
   Military Record

Birth Certificate *
   Marriage Record *
   Military Record
The Secretary of State’s office has entered an agreement with the Alabama Department of Public Health whereby a free birth or marriage certificate will be provided to the processing or issuing agent when a voter needs one of these documents in order to obtain a free Alabama photo voter ID card.

Yep, you cannot handicap stupidity.......I showed two bills to my house...electric and direct tv and I was registered and had a photo drivers license when I changed my address after moving......keep singing that BS that this is about voter fraud.....it is about literacy tests, and poll taxes to disenfranchise citizens.....a goal which has been verbalized repeatedly.

My license was not that easy. Mine was one day expired. I took my passports ( current and expired) nursing license, and birth certificate. That wasn't enough. I had to get a new copy of my social security card that had been lost. After applying and waiting I received the social security card...So now I had my birth certificate, nursing license, passport and social security card. I was then sent home to retrieve the Gulf Power, AT&T, and Cable bill.

2seaoat

My license was not that easy. Mine was one day expired. I took my passports ( current and expired) nursing license, and birth certificate. That wasn't enough. I had to get a new copy of my social security card that had been lost. After applying and waiting I received the social security card...So now I had my birth certificate, nursing license, passport and social security card. I was then sent home to retrieve the Gulf Power, AT&T, and Cable bill.

We have become a fascist state which is trying to take rights away from citizens. You have means to put up with these repeated tasks to prove you are a citizen......NOTHING in our constitution requires the same. This has one purpose......to make the road to vote difficult for poor and disfranchised Americans....to turn them into impotent and powerless peasants to be controlled by the Oligarchy.....this is morally wrong. Enough pretending that we are doing something to find out how we can improve embassy security, or protect the integrity of the voting process from a NON EXISTENT threat.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:My license was not that easy. Mine was one day expired. I took my passports ( current and expired) nursing license, and birth certificate. That wasn't enough. I had to get a new copy of my social security card that had been lost. After applying and waiting I received the social security card...So now I had my birth certificate, nursing license, passport and social security card. I was then sent home to retrieve the Gulf Power, AT&T, and Cable bill.

We have become a fascist state which is trying to take rights away from citizens.  You have means to put up with these repeated tasks to prove you are a citizen......NOTHING in our constitution requires the same.  This has one purpose......to make the road to vote difficult for poor and disfranchised Americans....to turn them into impotent and powerless peasants to be controlled by the Oligarchy.....this is morally wrong.  Enough pretending that we are doing something to find out how we can improve embassy security, or protect the integrity of the voting process from a NON EXISTENT threat.

No this was to make getting my license renewal difficult. I had my expired DL license with me also.

2seaoat

When the Oligarchy can disenfranchise citizens from voting, then we have become a Latin American Oligarchy of wealthy and peasants. There never was anything in the constitution which allows these types of barriers to voting. It is a moral issue.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:When the Oligarchy can disenfranchise citizens from voting, then we have become a Latin American Oligarchy of wealthy and peasants.  There never was anything in the constitution which allows these types of barriers to voting.  It is a moral issue.

Except that .... nobody's being disenfranchised!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

In seaoats world we must make it easy for illegal aliens to vote our way of life into the fossil layer of human history. Our borders are wide open and he wishes the same for our voting booths. He thinks any male that stands against this constant flood of immigrants and their communist tendencies is a racist and not just practicing sensible self defense. It seems to have worked well except for that old dinosaur Trump threatening to try and defend the country and it's constitution. When his grandchildren are being raped and beheaded by our former welcomed  invaders he will be long gone. His memory as the most progressive bleeding heart pussy of all time, forgotten..

2seaoat wrote:When the Oligarchy can disenfranchise citizens from voting, then we have become a Latin American Oligarchy of wealthy and peasants.  There never was anything in the constitution which allows these types of barriers to voting.  It is a moral issue.

Hey Seaoat, where there is a will there is a way.  If someone wants to exercise their right to vote they will.  If this country matters to them they will cross, so called, barriers to get that vote in the mail or themselves to the voting booth.  They will make sure they have proper documentation as they would with any transaction that might occur with a government entity.  

Sit back and bitch or get off your ass and vote!  

Stop the whining over the "disenfranchised" citizen.  Focus on the word citizen and apply all it's responsibilities.  A person is only "disenfranchised" if they allow themselves to be.

Just more hogwash from the Seaoat.  Boring.  Rolling Eyes

gatorfan

What's really pitiful about how liberals think about a situation like this is the assumption black people are incapable of obtaining the same things other races are required to have. Slave owners used to think the same thing so what does that make you liberals?

2seaoat

The science is certain and all the deniers can announce:

Except that .... nobody's being disenfranchised!

How idiotic do you think people are. Since I have been a kid I have seen the political choice of restricting the rights of minorities in the South...not much has changed except the fantasy that things have changed. Here is the science:
Political operatives often ascribe malicious motives when their opponents either endorse or oppose such legislation. In an effort to bring empirical clarity and epistemological standards to what has been a deeply-charged, partisan, and frequently anecdotal debate, we use multiple specialized regression approaches to examine factors associated with both the proposal and adoption of restrictive voter access legislation from 2006–2011. Our results indicate that proposal and passage are highly partisan, strategic, and racialized affairs. These findings are consistent with a scenario in which the targeted demobilization of minority voters and African Americans is a central driver of recent legislative developments.

http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?aid=9122051
but if that scholarly work does not suffice....here are 25 .......
http://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/research-and-publications-voter-id

2seaoat

A person is only "disenfranchised" if they allow themselves to be.

IT WAS SO EASY.....IT REMAINS SO EASY......BULL CHIT!

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/slain-civil-rights-workers-found

Evil only happens when good people do nothing and restricting citizens from voting by targeted voter id laws is Evil......and apologists for this evil are not good moral people. They are worse than the KKK who was dumping bodies of young kids fighting for voter rights into rivers, because they hide under the pretense that evil does not exists, and the new evil is the idea of allowing all citizens the access to the ballot box, sorry to tell the truth, but you either are fighting for good or you are fighting for evil, and it is clear that some have simply not been able to shed their hate where they feel superior to some of their fellow human beings......shameful fear in this day and age.

2seaoat

In seaoats world we must make it easy for illegal aliens to vote our way of life

The studies do not show illegal aliens voting. It is a myth. The studies are clear.....it is propaganda of hate........"our way of life" where some humans are considered less than other people.......no America is diverse......America is great......and it has no room for hateful scared people who are only fooling themselves that voter id laws are about illegal aliens or other people committing felonies trying to vote illegally.........read the fricking studies and quit pretending that you are anything but prejudiced fearful babyboomers who which you could go back to your "way of life".

As Seaoat is on his knees beating his chest and crying over his days of living in Alabama....

I continue with...

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and abide by the law of registering to vote. It's your right as an American citizen. Take pride in that.

Don't be used as a chip in the political poker game.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:A person is only "disenfranchised" if they allow themselves to be.

IT WAS SO EASY.....IT REMAINS SO EASY......BULL CHIT!

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/slain-civil-rights-workers-found

Evil only happens when good people do nothing and restricting citizens from voting by targeted voter id laws is Evil......and apologists for this evil are not good moral people.  They are worse than the KKK who was dumping bodies of young kids fighting for voter rights into rivers, because they hide under the pretense that evil does not exists, and the new evil is the idea of allowing all citizens the access to the ballot box, sorry to tell the truth, but you either are fighting for good or you are fighting for evil, and it is clear that some have simply not been able to shed their hate where they feel superior to some of their fellow human beings......shameful fear in this day and age.

How are the illegls getting a driver license, or two?

2seaoat

Don't be used as a chip in the political poker game.

The poker game is rigged.....that is what good people do.....demand a fair game.

Some states have started issuing the same. Within the 10th amendment the States can choose to have as much information on that license they deem necessary which clearly has their non citizen status on the license. In Illinois about 85 thousand people now have these special DL and INSURANCE......progress.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Don't be used as a chip in the political poker game.

The poker game is rigged.....that is what good people do.....demand a fair game.

Some states have started issuing the same.  Within the 10th amendment the States can choose to have as much information on that license they deem necessary which clearly has their non citizen status on the license.  In Illinois about 85 thousand people now have these special DL and INSURANCE......progress.

How did they obtain all the documentation?

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:The point is that closing these offices makes it more difficult for people to get the required ID. There may be other offices that provide this service but again, the point must be mentioned that the fictitious argument that photo ID prevents voter fraud is just laughable. It is of course just a another way to keep poor people from voting.

The cost of implementing the ID law is a government expense that, under any other circumstances Alabamians would totally reject. These are the people who would rather eat dirt than pay taxes and yet they are fooled into spending money on needless programs like this.

No, you have no point, that was proven by the other posters.

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:Voter ID laws are targeted at disenfranchising minority voters.

This has been openly admitted by republicans on more than one occasion.

Let's just drop the pretense and try a little intellectual honesty for a change.

How? Because minorities are mentally incapable of getting proper identification? Rather racist aren't you?

2seaoat

How? Because minorities are mentally incapable of getting proper identification? Rather racist aren't you?

Nope......A state representative on tv this morning after Morning Joe said that the alternative photo Id that can be secured at alternative offices than driving facilities which have been closed, are open on a part time basis and that since the closing of the offices only 29 ids have been issued. You would have to be mentally incapable of not comprehending what the intent was and what the results are going to be.....good news........referrals to the Justice department. Why would somebody other than an apologist for racist argue that making it more difficult to get photo ids is a good thing when our founding fathers NEVER included these type of restrictions on citizens voting.

2seaoat

26 ids issued......crickets....almost 5 million people......26 ids issued from part time offices.....yep

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:How? Because minorities are mentally incapable of getting proper identification? Rather racist aren't you?

making it more difficult to get photo ids is a good thing when our founding fathers NEVER included these type of restrictions on citizens voting.

You do understand of course the population (number of people living here since you require clarification) and methods of voting were significantly different back then when you were managing the UFO report center.

Also you are aware "photos" didn't exist back in our Founding Fathers day, right?

One other thing you aren't aware of is that things change. For reasons you fail to acknowledge.

2seaoat

I do not have to go back to 1800, I simply have to go back to 1972 when I started voting and NEVER had to show an ID until I voted in 2012. Forty years voting without a photo ID, and you want to call the Republicans who have said to the media that they are putting restrictions on voters to win........and you continue with your apologist arguments......oh no Seaoat......yea the voter id fraud issue is made up and has been proven to have NO real violations(Iowa four million voters and a new Republican AG who promised he was going to bring voter fraud audit and prosecute......eight convictions, which overwhelmingly were felons, and one mother who mailed in her daughter's absentee ballot while she was in college), but it could happen if Young people, seniors, and minorities can be denied access to the ballot, then the Oligarchy will rule unchallenged......yea that is the ticket......close state offices so DL photo IDs become more difficult to secure......Please do not let me keep you here too long, you will miss your flat earth society meeting.

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:I do not have to go back to 1800, I simply have to go back to 1972 when I started voting and NEVER had to show an ID until I voted in 2012.  Forty years voting without a photo ID, and you want to call the Republicans who have said to the media that they are putting restrictions on voters to win........and you continue with your apologist arguments......oh no Seaoat......yea the voter id fraud issue is made up and has been proven to have NO real violations(Iowa four million voters and a new Republican AG who promised he was going to bring voter fraud audit and prosecute......eight convictions, which overwhelmingly were felons, and one mother who mailed in her daughter's absentee ballot while she was in college), but it could happen if Young people, seniors, and minorities can be denied access to the ballot, then the Oligarchy will rule unchallenged......yea that is the ticket......close state offices so DL photo IDs become more difficult to secure......Please do not let me keep you here too long, you will miss your flat earth society meeting.

I'm not, and haven't mentioned anything about "voter fraud", are you drunk again?

You don't need a drivers license to vote in AL and they have made getting the FREE voter ID card so easy and ACCESSIBLE anyone who can't obtain one is probably not capable of voting or even dressing themselves.

How about learning something:

http://www.alabamavoterid.com/getFreePhotoVoterID.aspx

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum