Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For what it's worth (likely nothing), here's my final take on the mass shootings.

+2
dumpcare
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here are the facts as I see them.

1.  This is one sick puppy of a society.  Every time we turn around we see more evidence of it.  It's in decline in many ways and it's continuing to dumb down and become more out of control.   So it actually stands to reason that out of 330 million individuals in this sick,  declining society,  that you're gonna have a large number of nutcases who out of desperation decide to go out with a bang.  

2.  What can we do about it?  Well for all intents and purposes we can't do much about it.
If the gun control measures that are at all politically possible to implement had already been implemented,  I honestly don't think it would have prevented any mass shooting going back to Columbine.  
I personally don't object to gun control and would be happy to abide by it.
I just don't see it being effective.  Not in a country which is already in possession of 300 million firearms.  But go ahead,  get the gun control going because I won't oppose it.

3.  So,  we're a sick society with a bunch of nuts doing mass shootings and short of Jesus coming back,  snapping his fingers,  and saying "Abracadabra Unsick This Society";  we better get used to it cause I just looked and I aint seein no Jesus.

4.  So what DO we do,  Bob?  We have to do something because it's making me crazy.
The answer is simple.

I just did the research and discovered that your odds of being the victim of a mass shooting,  are about the same as being killed in an airliner crash.
Not quite as long as winning the jackpot in the Powerball Lottery,  but close.

I can't do anything to stop airliner crashes,   but since the odds are so in my favor I get on the airliner and don't worry about it.

I'm now gonna do the same with mass shootings.  Not worry about something I have no control over.
I prefer to spend the remainder of my life in my safe space and enjoy it.
If you think that's selfish or immoral or whatever,  I'm sorry you feel that way.  So be it.

YOLO
Carpe Diem
Go for the gusto

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:YOLO
Carpe Diem
Go for the gusto

My work here is done. lol

dumpcare

Bob wrote:Here are the facts as I see them.

1.  This is one sick puppy of a society.  Every time we turn around we see more evidence of it.  It's in decline in many ways and it's continuing to dumb down and become more out of control.   So it actually stands to reason that out of 330 million individuals in this sick,  declining society,  that you're gonna have a large number of nutcases who out of desperation decide to go out with a bang.  

2.  What can we do about it?  Well for all intents and purposes we can't do much about it.
If the gun control measures that are at all politically possible to implement had already been implemented,  I honestly don't think it would have prevented any mass shooting going back to Columbine.  
I just don't see it being effective.  Not in a country which is already in

possession of 300 million firearms.  But go ahead,  get the gun control going because I won't oppose it.

3.  So,  we're a sick society with a bunch of nuts doing mass shootings and short of Jesus coming back,  snapping his fingers,  and saying "Abracadabra Unsick This Society";  we better get used to it cause I just looked and I aint seein no Jesus.

4.  So what DO we do,  Bob?  We have to do something because it's making me crazy.
The answer is simple.

I just did the research and discovered that your odds of being the victim of a mass shooting,  are about the same as being killed in an airliner crash.

I can't do anything to stop airliner crashes,   but since the odds are so in my favor I get on the airliner and don't worry about it.

I'm now gonna do the same with mass shootings.  Not worry about something I have no control over.
If you think that's selfish or immoral or whatever,  I'm sorry you feel that way.  So be it.

I can just see and hear Rosana anna dana doing this commentary.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:
Bob wrote:Here are the facts as I see them.

I just don't see it being effective.  Not in a country which is already in

possession of 300 million firearms.  But go ahead,  get the gun control going because I won't oppose it.

The answer is simple.

I can just see and hear Rosana anna dana doing this commentary.

I woulda married her.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Not Gilda Radner. Rosannadanna. lol

dumpcare

I just saw the first 4 threads are sticky, so I put super glue all over my screen and this thread is now a sticky.

I loved Gilda Radner

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

One article I found indicates the shooter graduated from high school at Switzer Learning Center in Torrance, CA.   A school for students with emotional disabilities.

Wonder what kind of meds he'd been taking?

But hey .... let's politicize it, why don't we?  Let's make it a Democrat vs Republican thing.  Let's make it about guns rather than pharmaceuticals & people slipping through the cracks.   Rolling Eyes

dems always politicize it

For what it's worth (likely nothing),  here's my final take on the mass shootings. 11990558_10156170874665515_8681231583227781425_n

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:One article I found indicates the shooter graduated from high school at Switzer Learning Center in Torrance, CA.   A school for students with emotional disabilities.

Wonder what kind of meds he'd been taking?

But hey .... let's politicize it, why don't we?  Let's make it a Democrat vs Republican thing.  Let's make it about guns rather than pharmaceuticals & people slipping through the cracks.   Rolling Eyes

If that's true then I might have to take back the part about any politically doable gun control not being effective.
There does seem to be support on both sides of the issue for the "stop the mentally ill from obtaining guns" solution.
I've never really thought that was plausible either because most of these shooters are not assessed as being mentally ill until after the fact.
But if what you just reported is true,  I can see where anyone who had that prior contact with being characterized as having "emotional problems" might have been prevented from buying a gun legally.   And IF he couldn't have obtained a gun illegally then that would be one example of a mass shooting which this could prevent.
But don't discount the likely possibility that these nutjobs can get possession of an illegal weapon.  In which case that would nullify this an actual solution.

What this issue really needs is to stop giving it the "Trump treatment".
And by that I mean just saying "I guarantee you we can do this and that to fix this".  That's sorta like hearing Trump say "I can fix that immigration problem,  make the Mexican government pay for the wall,  and get the majority of hispanic voters to vote for me".  
That's just empty talk.  If that's all a gun law is,  and it can't do anymore than a Trump Treatment,  then it needs to be dumped along with Trump.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Think about it this way:

If a particular pharmaceutical has only a 1 in 100,000 side-effect of rage, suicidal feelings, paranoia, etc .... and only 100,000 people in the country are taking it in a given year .... you might expect 1 violent incident per year due to this particular pharmaceutical.

But if 20 million people are taking it .... what would be the side-effect number? What about 50 million? 100 million?

Then ask yourself .... how many Americans nowadays are routinely taking a pharmaceutical for mood/emotional problems?   And what are the potential adverse side-effects that could cause a violent incident?

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 10/3/2015, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

For what it's worth (likely nothing),  here's my final take on the mass shootings. ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cchrint.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F03%2Fshootersdrugs

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/janak/070921

http://ssristories.org/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:Think about it this way:

If a particular pharmaceutical has only a 1 in 100,000 side-effect of rage, suicidal feelings, paranoia, etc .... and only 100,000 people in the country are taking it in a given year .... you might expect 1 violent incident per year due to this particular pharmaceutical.

But if 20 million people are taking it .... what would be the side-effect number?  What about 50 million?  100 million?

Then ask yourself .... how many Americans nowadays are routinely taking a pharmaceutical for mood/emotional problems?   And what are the potential adverse side-effects that could cause a violent incident?

How many of these mass shooting perps have been found to be in possession of these meds?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

For what it's worth (likely nothing),  here's my final take on the mass shootings. Ddf10

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:....
How many of these mass shooting perps have been found to be in possession of these meds?

Good question. Seems there is a resistance that comes from somewhere in the media, government, pharmaceutical industry (?) to investigate that very question and report on it to the public.

Much easier to just blame it on "guns."

Sal

Sal

Yeah, ....

.... couldn't be the "guns" ....

For what it's worth (likely nothing),  here's my final take on the mass shootings. Number11

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

[quote="Salinsky"]Yeah, ....

.... couldn't be the "guns" ....

For what it's worth (likely nothing),  here's my final take on the mass shootings. Number11[/quote

With that many guns you would think it would be worse. Actually it's not too bad.

2seaoat

Gun safety laws are needed and all this talk of drugs is simply a shabby attempt to change the subject. All over western Europe and Australia are crazy people and folks on medications........their citizens enjoy safety from gun violence. Aggressive gun safety measures have been needed for thirty years. Start with strict liability and insurance for any gun violence. Biometric trigger locks, chipped firearms, chipped foid cards, and transport of guns by only approved containers/holsters and only open carry.....no conceal, universal background checks, and voting out of office all paid shills for gun merchants. We have become a country who allows our congress to be bought by the highest bidder.

Your progressive gun controls do nothing to limit criminals and crazies. And what does concealed carry have to do with anything? I swear... you are just a panty waist. Pull up your big boy pants and get over it. A gun is a tool... nothing more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum