Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to end your sugar addiction

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to end your sugar addiction Empty How to end your sugar addiction 10/1/2015, 9:25 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/30/health/ending-sugar-addiction/index.html

I have tried to give up sugar twice; each time for a 3-month period. Each time, I slipped back. I love milk chocolate too much to give it up. My wife does the grocery shopping now, and refuses to buy it for me, so I try to get Brooke to get it for me when I can. My latest scheme is chocolate by mail order. I have to wait until the weather cools off just a bit more, because from the beginning of May to close to the end of October, it is too warm to ship chocolate, because it will melt.

I am going to wait a bit longer, and I am going to order this from Amazon:

How to end your sugar addiction 61zzy-10

I intend to make multiple orders of this item between late October and early April. I have done the math, and I need 24 bars on hand by May 1st so I can enjoy about 0.75 oz. of chocolate every day, through the end of October. I have one of those big Hershey bars in my desk now, but I am going to nurse it for a couple of more weeks, until I get this thing going. The wife will complain, but I will blow her off....

Oh, and I cannot wait until Halloween. I intend to raid the Halloween candy bowl copiously, and hopefully, there will be a lot left over. Gonna hide me a big old Halloween candy stash...... Sugar fasting be damned!!!!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

OOOOOPPPPPS....I am eating directly out of a box of Kelloggs honey smacks breakfast cereal.....my wife and I are on a sugar high tonight.....funny thing is I have not done this in years.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/30/health/ending-sugar-addiction/index.html

I have tried to give up sugar twice; each time for a 3-month period. Each time, I slipped back. I love milk chocolate too much to give it up. My wife does the grocery shopping now, and refuses to buy it for me, so I try to get Brooke to get it for me when I can. My latest scheme is chocolate by mail order. I have to wait until the weather cools off just a bit more, because from the beginning of May to close to the end of October, it is too warm to ship chocolate, because it will melt.

I intend to make multiple orders of this item between late October and early April. I have done the math, and I need 24 bars on hand by May 1st so I can enjoy about 0.75 oz. of chocolate every day, through the end of October. I have one of those big Hershey bars in my desk now, but I am going to nurse it for a couple of more weeks, until I get this thing going. The wife will complain, but I will blow her off....

Oh, and I cannot wait until Halloween. I intend to raid the Halloween candy bowl copiously, and hopefully, there will be a lot left over. Gonna hide me a big old Halloween candy stash...... Sugar fasting be damned!!!!

We eat dark chocolate....it is considered medicinal. One piece at night, it is our "heart medicine".

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/30/health/ending-sugar-addiction/index.html

We eat dark chocolate....it is considered medicinal. One piece at night, it is our "heart medicine".

Yeah.... One of my Kindle books after my heart attack was this one.

How to end your sugar addiction 79c8030c936877d058a8bdc037c10f57

Masley's book recommends you eat dark chocolate with 72% cacao; but it tastes like cardboard. I like Hershey's special dark bars; they are more tolerable.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I will take regular milk chocolate and at this point.....like...why not.

My favorite dark chocolate.  I love mine with green tea and husband likes his with red wine.  A treat and satisfies the sweet tooth while I avoid other sugar.  Make sure it's the 72%. The ones with higher cacao are bitter.  

How to end your sugar addiction Ghirad10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I quit sugar when I was diagnosed with diabetes about 25 years ago.
Following that,  I switched to consuming only artificial sweeteners.
I started with aspartame ("Equal") and for many years afterward I consumed about forty packs a day of the stuff (I drink a shitload of iced tea).
Everybody told me not to consume that stuff because it was bad for me.
But I thought they were fulla shit and had just bought into some bogus internet claims.
But after they kept preaching to me about it,  I finally switched to sucralose (Splenda) because even though they said that was bad for me,  it was not AS BAD for me as aspartame.  I woulda switched to Truvia since they say that's the least harmful sweetener,  but that stuff is WAY too expensive.

Two years ago I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma (aka Chronic Lymphocitic Leukemia).  
Not long after that I read on the internet that there is a link between this particular form of cancer and aspartame. But I don't know if the claim is valid or not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum