Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gun Violence

+7
ZVUGKTUBM
polecat
Markle
Sal
Joanimaroni
EmeraldGhost
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 3:30 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I rest my case.

77Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 3:57 pm

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/russia-legalises-guns-self-defence-murder-rates-among-highest-world-1475681

Russia, which according to official figures has the fifth highest murder rate in the world, has relaxed its gun ownership laws.

Previously, Russians were only allowed to own firearms for hunting or target practice, but under the new laws they will be allowed to carry them for self-defence as well.

In the most recent year for which statistics are available, 2009, the were 21,603 murders in Russia.

This gives it one of the world's highest murder rates, according to a 2011 UN report.

In the same year the US, which has a population almost twice as large, had 13,636 homicides.

78Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 4:08 pm

2seaoat

shall not be infringed.

The Supreme Court has since the 1920s clearly said Congress passing gun safety laws is NOT an infringement on the 2nd amendment rights......not your opinion of the constitution, nor my opinion, but the folks who matter.

79Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 4:11 pm

2seaoat

I rest my case.

What case....you are in a babyboomer stupor, totally unaware of the reality around you, and what you think is your case you are resting is a case of bud which you think rests best in the refrigerator next to the bird seed that you are now freezing, because someone told you it works better.

80Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 4:17 pm

2seaoat

Russia, which according to official figures has the fifth highest murder rate in the world, has relaxed its gun ownership laws.

I will hold back and give you a fair chance to qualify the point you were attempting to make......I might hint it is contradictory to other posts you have made.

81Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 4:39 pm

2seaoat wrote:Russia, which according to official figures has the fifth highest murder rate in the world, has relaxed its gun ownership laws.

I will hold back and give you a fair chance to qualify the point you were attempting to make......I might hint it is contradictory to other posts you have made.

That even a highly restrictive authoritarian regime can realize the folly of depriving their citizenry of self-defense.

That the problem isn't the law abiding... it is the criminals.

"In the most recent year for which statistics are available, 2009, there were 21,603 murders in Russia.

In the same year the US, which has a population almost twice as large, had 13,636 homicides."

82Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 6:13 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote: Why do you try to frame everything into some black/white dichotomy, as if there's no middle ground?  That's not how the world works.  Without compromise, nothing would ever be accomplished.  

Because that's what the "gun violence" issue has become.  Two sides with no middle ground.  Just like so much else in America.

That's just not true. Where have I said that guns should be taken away?

83Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 6:27 pm

Gun Violence - Page 4 11224413_700850150050836_3231357887488279782_n

84Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 6:53 pm

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:Fuck yah!!

Let's just arm every Amuricun citizen and have a shoot out.

The survivors will be the good guys.

That's how Amurica works!

The majority of households in Switzerland have at least one firearm and they have among the lowest violent crime and murder rates in the world?

85Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 7:06 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Its simple.  Bio triggers, chipped guns, chipped foid cards, universal carrying cases with open carry NO GUN IS LOADED ON ANY PERSON OTHER THAN LEO, ammo can be loaded in a few seconds with training.  Universal background checks on every transfer.   Foid card must sync with all chipped guns.  Done, and a gun owner I have no problem chipping my guns, getting a new foid card, and having uniform carrying cases........but most importantly my fingerprints work on the trigger......or if my wife has been approved, her fingerprints will work.......Sorry but suicide by gun is an important stat.

Let us know when you come up with something REALISTIC AND EFFECTIVE.

For instance, the gun laws in Florida.

86Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 7:10 pm

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
SheWrites wrote:The issue is not and never has been guns.  The issue is the criminal/psychotic mind.  

A gun will be obtained no matter what the laws by those who intend harm.

Have we not said this enough, Seaoat?  And all you offer is more bureaucratic bull shit.  Rolling Eyes

I think we have found a worthy opponent for seaoats insane ravings about guns...keep up the good work... cheers

Be gentle with 2seaoat. He's quite ill and has nothing to do but throw up dozens of word salads meaning nothing. It fills his time.

87Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 7:16 pm

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:I think we all should just drop the pretense that there's a debate to be had here.

A plurality of the electorate has decided that monthly high-profile gun massacres are an acceptable price to pay for increasingly unregulated gun access by virtually anyone in the United States.

And, the paranoia that feeds this insanity is getting worse, not better.

So, I think we should quit with the grand evasions.

This is not about mental illness, or drugs, or video games, or rap music, or anything else.

This is about a choice that monthly massacres are an acceptable trade-off for the freedom to own as many of any type of firearm and as much ammunition as you can afford.

So, if you have made that choice, own it.

You are an accomplice.

Interesting...where in the United States are guns available without any regulation and how did all those regulations work in Oregon?

88Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 7:27 pm

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:The gun-humpers take their positions based on fallacies and strawmen.

I can't count how many times I've heard pro-gun people begin their argument claiming gun control advocates want to ban guns.

It's simply not true.

No one that I know supports banning private ownership of firearms.

Then the second argument they deploy is that no one specific restriction would prevent every single incident.

Duh.

No one claims that.

But, because a specific restriction wouldn't prevent ALL gun violence does not mean that it has no value.

Like I said, there's no debate to be had with these people.

Of course they want to ban guns. They just know they can't say that out loud and need to nudge us toward that decision.

Semi-retired President Obama, when he was a Senator in Illinois, voted to even ban the manufacture of guns in the state.

89Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 7:42 pm

Markle

Markle

polecat wrote:Gun Violence - Page 4 Laws

Gun Violence - Page 4 Tweet

Foolish post. We do have tens of thousands of gun regulations.

Actually, it has been shown that with fewer traffic regulations, there are fewer accidents. Replacing traffic lights, in many intersections with four way stops or preferably roundabouts results in fewer accidents.

Here in Tallahassee/Leon County red light cameras were installed in over 20 intersections, amidst much controversy. We had them for several years. They were supposed to radically reduce accidents. They were removed this month. They cost us millions of dollars and did NOT have the intended affect on traffic. Rear end collisions and head on collisions increased.

90Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 7:47 pm

Markle

Markle

polecat wrote:
PkrBum wrote:When people like sal and seagoat politicize tragedies like oregon... expect push back politically.

The real issue is not an inanimate object or the laws... it's inner cities...  and it's not even close statistically.

And what's the issue in inner cities when 9 out of 10 shooters and 8 outs of 10 have criminal convictions?

Sounds like a compliance and enforcement  problem to me. What additional laws and controls will fix that?

Gun Violence - Page 4 Tweet

Goofy, totally false post.  Why even bother? "Beastbrarian" is obviously an idiot.

List for us please who is even suggesting that Planned Parenthood be shut down.

91Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 7:55 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Absurd logic.......please show how a guard rail at main and jones would save lives.......the fallacy of this ad hoc logic is that it is the totality of universal background checks which saves lives.  I was at the hospital in chicago all day yesterday, but I saw the absurd claim by Markle that gun violence went down in Illinois since conceal and carry.  Almost have of 2014 passed before they even started issuing permits so the year 2014 where there were six less murders tells you nothing.   Look at 2015.  
http://heyjackass.com/

I posted FACTS, what part did you miss?

92Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 10:49 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Right... because progressivism works by taking an inch at a time... and you commies always want another inch.

What exactly do you think happened between 2001 and 2008? Was it commies?  No, it wasn't.  It was the fusion of corrupt government and big business.  You are so afraid of "government" that you're missing the big picture.  We are at a crossroads.  You need to wake up and smell the coffee.

93Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 10:52 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Right... because progressivism works by taking an inch at a time... and you commies always want another inch.

What exactly do you think happened between 2001 and 2008?  Was it commies?  No, it wasn't.  It was the fusion of corrupt government and big business.  You are so afraid of "government" that you're missing the big picture.  We are at a crossroads.  You need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Obama's admin is most corrupt ever.

94Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 10:53 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Obamasucks wrote:Gun Violence - Page 4 11224413_700850150050836_3231357887488279782_n

My cousin was at UT that day, in the vicinity of the shooter. It seems so trite now, in the wake of all that's come after it.

95Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/5/2015, 10:55 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Obamasucks wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

What exactly do you think happened between 2001 and 2008?  Was it commies?  No, it wasn't.  It was the fusion of corrupt government and big business.  You are so afraid of "government" that you're missing the big picture.  We are at a crossroads.  You need to wake up and smell the coffee.

How could you even think that when it is so obvious that the last Republican in office was the most corrupt in our entire history?

96Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/6/2015, 12:15 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:
What case....you are in a babyboomer stupor, totally unaware of the reality around you, and what you think is your case you are resting is a case of bud which you think rests best in the refrigerator next to the bird seed that you are now freezing, because someone told you it works better.

I don't drink beer.  I drink whiskey.  I used to drink that cheap rot gut stuff called Canadian Mist.  Drank that for 30 years in fact.
But a few months ago somebody had a bottle of Seagrams VO.  Much better whiskey for not much more than the Mist.   So now that's all I drink.

And I had to stop using the birdseed for grass. The animals are eating it after it gets sprayed with the mosquito poison and it appeared to be making them sick. No grass is worth that. And I have to spray the poison because I can't live with mosquitoes. When it comes to mosquitoes I'm not on the fence.

97Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/6/2015, 12:18 am

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Obamasucks wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

How could you even think that when it is so obvious that the last Republican in office was the most corrupt in our entire history?  

I bet you are desperate to believe that aren't you?

In addition to the Impeachment of President Clinton for felony perjury.

These are the results and convictions of the various investigations into President Clinton.

Whitewater

Arkansas Gov. Jim Guy Tucker - fraud felony convictions - 3 counts (Tucker resigned facing impeachment)

Jim McDougal - fraud and conspiracy felony convictions - 18 counts

Susan McDougal - felony - 4 counts (pardoned during Clinton's last minute pardongate payoffs)

William J. Marks Sr - conspiracy Stephen Smith - conspiracy

Larry Kuca - Fraud Neal Ainley - 2 misdemeanors for embezzlement

David Hale - guilty plea - conspiracy

Chris Wade - felony - Whitewater real-estate investor

John Haley - felony 1998 on fraud

Robert Palmer - felony for conspiracy

Charles Matthews - guilty plea for bribery

Eugene Fitzhugh - Whitewater - bribery

Webster Hubbell - #2 ranking Justice Dept. Official - felony for embezzlement and fraud

John Latham - CEO of Madison Bank - bank fraud Campaign Finance:

Johnny Chung - Clinton cronie - felony guilty plea - funneling money from China

Gene Lum - convicted - felony for money laundering for the DNC

Nora Lum - convicted - felony for money laundering for the DNC

Howard Glicken - guilty plea - 2 midemeanors - funneling foreign donations

Yah Lin "Charlie" Trie - guilty plea - illegal Clinton campaign donations

John Huang - Clinton cronie - felony guilty plea - funneling money from China

Paula Jonesgate:

William Jefferson Clinton - found guilty - civil contempt of court - lying under oath about material facts. The Office of the Independent Council further presented Clinton with an agreement that had him disbarred from practicing law for 5 years and made him signed statement admitting to his deception

Post Administration
Sandy Bergergate

Sandy Berger – Clinton National Security Adviser -- found guilty of stealing highly class documents from the National Archive and destroying them.

98Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/6/2015, 12:21 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So see, that's it. Bush vs Clinton. Conservative vs liberal. Republican vs Democrat. That's what the gun violence issue is all about. Just that same old partisan claptrap.

99Gun Violence - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/6/2015, 12:24 am

Floridatexan wrote:

The same thing under Obummer

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum