Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gun Violence

+7
ZVUGKTUBM
polecat
Markle
Sal
Joanimaroni
EmeraldGhost
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Gun Violence Empty Gun Violence 10/1/2015, 8:21 pm

2seaoat

I just heard that Conn. after Newtown passed some tough gun control laws and gun violence was down 40%. We cannot wait for perfect. We need common sense regulation of who gets guns.....felons and crazy people would be a good start, but it will take more. It will take people voting on state and local folks who want better control of the access of guns, and restrictions on those who should not have a gun.

2Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/1/2015, 9:17 pm

2seaoat

The short dicks started right away.....if only they had conceal and carry on the campus.....well I listened to a bright young man who was on campus and who after his teacher told the class that there was an active shooter and they were going to lock down, he got up and went looking for the shooter.  Staff told him to return to his classroom because he might be mistaken as the shooter.  He went back to his class and told his instructor that he had a conceal and carry and he would stay at the door.   This fantasy of nine or ten rambos pulling their conceal and carry weapons and saving the day has proven out in about 1 in 100 of these shootings.....short dicks shooting other short dicks is the probable result as this fantasy is so deeply entrenched in the psych of these overcompensating folks who need to carry guns in public.  I am not a proponent of conceal and carry.  I think all guns should be transported in visible standardized containers/holsters openly unloaded.  It takes a few seconds to load, but conceal and carry just feeds into this imbalance.  We need to keep guns out of the wrong people's hands.......it will not be perfect, but Conn has shown that gun violence goes down when people who should not have guns do not have guns.

Gun violence in Illinois has risen since conceal and carry.....a gang bangers dream......clean record shooters carrying concealed weapons legally a gang leaders dream......Frank Nitti would be envious.

3Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/1/2015, 9:34 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:  ... We need common sense regulation of who gets guns.....felons and crazy people would be a good start,

Felons and people adjudicated "crazy" (as you put it) are already prohibited from possessing firearms.  

Who else do you want to prohibit from possessing a firearm?

4Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/1/2015, 9:36 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote: ....  I think all guns should be transported in visible standardized containers/holsters openly unloaded.  ....

Which rampage shooting would such a law have prevented?

5Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/1/2015, 9:39 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote: ....  We need to keep guns out of the wrong people's hands.......

Aside from people adjudicated by a court as felons or "crazy" (already prohibited by law) ... who are the other "wrong people" whose Constitutional rights you would like to infringe upon?

6Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/1/2015, 9:42 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote: .... Gun violence in Illinois has risen since conceal and carry.....a gang bangers dream......clean record shooters carrying concealed weapons legally a gang leaders dream......Frank Nitti would be envious.

I've not heard of this. I'd be more than happy to consider your proposition. Perhaps you could provide some links to any news articles of gang-related shootings in Illinois involving a CCW permit holder? I'm guessing there's been dozens the way you make it sound.

7Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/1/2015, 9:55 pm

2seaoat

I've not heard of this. I'd be more than happy to consider your proposition. Perhaps you could provide some links to any news articles of gang-related shootings in Illinois involving a CCW permit holder? I'm guessing there's been dozens the way you make it sound.

The usual pap. We were told conceal and carry causes crime to go down.....since January the gun violence in Chicago has jumped the shark. The other myth is that "if only" the short dicks were there....they could pull there weapons and save the day.....there were people at the campus who were conceal and carry permitted who wisely retreated back to their classroom, or it would be short dicks in the ok corral.

Tell me about the background check I went through purchasing my second shotgun.....private sell. Tell me about the background checks at the gun shows.....I am looking for a bazooka......think you can hook me up.

Gun regulation is not an infringement of the constitution, not my rule.....its called the Supreme Court. I have lived with a family of gun owners who actively shot at a sportsman club since I was five. I know of none of the folks who I shoot trap with now who are against better screening and background checks in private sales and gun shows. I want bio trigger locks on all guns. I want designated carrying cases on all weapons transported, and open carry, not conceal and carry. This idea that we cannot reduce gun violence with obvious common sense improvements is mind numbing. We have to quit letting the merchants of guns control the debate.....unsafe bridges...fix it....unsafe highways.....fix it ......unsafe food.....fix it.....unsafe drugs.....fix it.....unsafe water.....fix it...........unsafe gun violence in America.....talk a bunch of chit created by the merchants of death.....sorry, the American people are done with the gun lobby.

8Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/1/2015, 10:08 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Gun laws will control law abiding citizens not criminals.

9Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/1/2015, 10:16 pm

Sal

Sal

Fuck yah!!

Let's just arm every Amuricun citizen and have a shoot out.

The survivors will be the good guys.

That's how Amurica works!

10Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/1/2015, 10:24 pm

2seaoat

Gun laws will control law abiding citizens not criminals.

Nope. Conn. since universal background checks has seen a 40% drop in gun violence. We have tried for thirty years to ignore Gun Safety. Its time to try something else. Nobody is going to take my guns away, but I am a responsible citizen who is willing to have a chipped gun, a bio trigger, a smart card foid card which syncs with my weapons, but the most important thing for me is when you transport a weapon it must be transported openly in approved containers unloaded. Universal background checks is a start....private sales and gun shows included.

Markle

Markle

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Illinois Concealed Carry Results Are In

As in every case, in every place…more guns, less crime! Another truth telling story about the American Constitution.

By de Andréa
February 16, 2015

Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy also opposed concealed carry. Last January, after the Seventh Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals ruled that the state’s ban on concealed carry was unconstitutional, he said: “When people say concealed carry, I say Trayvon Martin. The answer to guns is not more guns, and just simply putting guns in people’s hands is going to lead to more tragedy.”

THE BOTTOM LINE: Well he was also wrong, wrong, and wrong. According to the Chicago Tribune, Illinois homicides actually fell from 419 in 2013 to 407 last year.
And that was in less than one year when the Homicide rate was on the up tic. Now, you just wait until the FBI report that no one pays any attention to, comes out showing another significant drop in the overall violent crime rate in the state. The more the crime rate drops the less attention will be paid to it, because we sure do not want to solve the violent crime problem, what we do want is to get rid of guns.

FYI, the State of Vermont doesn’t have even one gun law. Anyone federally legal to possess a gun, can carry it loaded concealed or open carry right down main street Vermont. But here is the part, as I said, no one pays any attention to, and that is, according to the FBI stat’s, Vermont has among the lowest per capita violent crime rates in the Nation. Arizona and Alaska have had similar results. Moreover, after Hiller v’s Washington DC Supreme Court decision to abolish their gun ban, Washington DC, almost overnight, lost its status of being the murder capital of the world.

http://thebottomlineat.blogspot.com/2015/02/illinois-concealed-carry-results-are-in.html

12Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 12:01 am

Markle

Markle

Bloomberg’s School of Public Health Cherry Picked Claim that firearm homicides in Connecticut fell 40% because of a gun licensing law

 11 Jun , 2015

The Bloomberg School of Public Health at Johns Hopkins University put out this press release on a paper by Rudolph, Stuart, Vernick, and Webster:

A 1995 Connecticut law requiring a permit or license – contingent on passing a background check – in order to purchase a handgun was associated with a 40 percent reduction in the state’s firearm-related homicide rate, new research suggests.

[...]

Their results are also extremely sensitive to the last year that they pick. While it is true that Connecticut’s firearm homicide rate fell by 40% from 1995 to 2005, it only fell by 16% between 1995 and 2006 and 12.5% between 1995 and 2010. Meanwhile the drops for the US and the rest of the Northeast are much greater. From 1995 and 2006, the firearm homicide rates for the US and the rest of the Northeast fell respectively by 27% and 22%. From 1995 and 2010, the drops were 39% and 31%. The longer samples show a relative increase in Connecticut’s firearm homicide rate whether Rudolph et al. had looked at one additional year or five additional years.

http://crimeresearch.org/2015/06/daniel-websters-cherry-picked-claim-that-firearm-homicides-in-connecticut-fell-40-because-of-a-gun-licensing-law/

13Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 8:36 am

Sal

Sal

Gun Violence Original

14Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 10:31 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

I note 'Seaoat' has thus far declined to answer even one the questions I asked regarding his statements.

15Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 10:36 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:.....there were people at the campus who were conceal and carry permitted who wisely retreated back to their classroom, ...

A few questions about that statement:

How many students/faculty were shot in those classrooms (where there was an armed CCW permit holder?)

Was there an armed legal CCW permit holder in any of the classrooms/areas the shooter went into?

Finally, if you, 'seaoat', were in one of the classrooms the shooter came into & began shooting people ... would you prefer to have been unarmed or legally armed?

16Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 11:03 am

polecat

polecat

Gun Violence Tweet

17Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 11:12 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

polecat wrote:Gun Violence Tweet

Well, they did do something about it. They called the police & when the police arrived the shooter committed suicide. So much for counting on the police.

Too bad some responsible coaches, teachers, school administrators ... maybe some who were othersise hunters, sport shooting enthusiasts, prior military, etc .... were not allowed to have a firearm on campus. It could have ended a lot sooner.

18Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 12:02 pm

2seaoat wrote:Gun laws will control law abiding citizens not criminals.

Nope.  Conn. since  universal background checks has seen a 40% drop in gun violence.  We have tried for thirty years to ignore Gun Safety.  Its time to try something else.  Nobody is going to take my guns away, but I am a responsible citizen who is willing to have a chipped gun, a bio trigger, a smart card foid card which syncs with my weapons, but the most important thing for me is when you transport a weapon it must be transported openly in approved containers unloaded.  Universal background checks is a start....private sales and gun shows included.

You talk about Chicago in one post and Connecticut in another and compare statistics? Apples and Oranges. Chicago does not fit into a discussion on mass shootings by white boys hyped up on their ADD meds who live with Mama and don't have a girlfriend.

19Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 12:16 pm

Sal

Sal

When you are willing to make human sacrifices to them, when you demand the right to carry them on your person everywhere at all times, when you are literally willing to feed your children to them, guns are your god.

20Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 12:25 pm

Sal

Sal

SheWrites wrote:

You talk about Chicago in one post and Connecticut in another and compare statistics?  Apples and Oranges.  Chicago does not fit into a discussion on mass shootings by white boys hyped up on their ADD meds who live with Mama and don't have a girlfriend.

Now, wait a minute.

Every time a white cop shoots an unarmed black person, Joannie and her merry band of idiots evoke Chicago, for reasons only they seem to understand, and I've never seen you complain about that.

21Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 12:58 pm

Salinsky wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

You talk about Chicago in one post and Connecticut in another and compare statistics?  Apples and Oranges.  Chicago does not fit into a discussion on mass shootings by white boys hyped up on their ADD meds who live with Mama and don't have a girlfriend.

Now, wait a minute.

Every time a white cop shoots an unarmed black person, Joannie and her merry band of idiots evoke Chicago, for reasons only they seem to understand, and I've never seen you complain about that.

Don't know any merry band of idiots around here. Everyone seems to have their own place.

As for no complaints on Chicago? What good would it do? Chicago's issues are their own which, to me, do not compare to a random shooting wherever it may be.

22Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 1:08 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Salinsky wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

Now, wait a minute.

Lol....

23Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 1:11 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Salinsky wrote:Fuck yah!!

Let's just arm every Amuricun citizen and have a shoot out.

The survivors will be the good guys.

That's how Amurica works!

Nope...it will be the ones that can hit a target.

24Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 1:20 pm

It's interesting that obama never speaks to the chicago murders. I guess blacks being shot by blacks don't matter.

25Gun Violence Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 1:33 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:It's interesting that obama never speaks to the chicago murders. I guess blacks being shot by blacks don't matter.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2168404064001/obama-addresses-chicago-gun-crime/?#sp=show-clips

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum