Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gun Violence

+7
ZVUGKTUBM
polecat
Markle
Sal
Joanimaroni
EmeraldGhost
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 3:57 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Heartbreakingly the president of the United States is a pathological liar & America hating goon. Oh, and BTW, if you like your Dr, you can keep your Dr. And NO, we will not provide security for our fellow Americans in ultra-dangerous terrorist regions like Benghazi. And yes, Brian Terry WAS murdered with a gun that the US AG & obama smuggled to mexican drug gangs. And yes, his IRS bitch did criminally abuse power & lie. And yes, he calls gay NBA guys heroes but doesnt call real heroes that sacrificed for freedom. 

The guy is a bad bad man & psychotic liar. Obama's Impassioned Mass-Murder Speech Includes Error Alan Korwin, Author Gun Laws of America  

The President's impassioned Oregon speech, moving as it was, missed a key point that 

could lead to real progress on this terrible issue of mass murder. The 16 black Americans 

shot and murdered in ghettos that same day, and the day before, tragically got no news 

coverage. This is stunning, unmentioned -- and those lives matter. That black-lives gunfire 

atrocity is repeated, daily. And will remain true tomorrow when another 16 are murdered, 

but get no "coverage" -- 6,000 per year. The "Graph of Death" Mr. Obama asked for is 

already available here: http://www.gunlaws.com/GunshotDemographics.htm (with gut-

wrenching explanation) By focusing on an isolated "newsworthy" tragedy in one place, Mr. 

Obama unknowingly obscures the real issue, and does indeed politicize it -- as he 

forthrightly admitted. NOTE: Every action of this Oregon murderer is already 100% illegal -- 

legal scholars know the call for new laws is superfluous and disingenuous. It is a political 

agenda that weakens support and the true effort to solve the problem. The President made 

a repeated and critical mistake: New laws affecting all Americans will not affect the lone 

psychotics who commit these atrocities --The medical community stands as the greatest 

obstacle in getting to the psychotics. And the biggest ignored issue of all is: The existing 

background checks have stopped two million people from buying guns because they are 

known criminals or mentally unfit -- and they are simply turned loose on the streets. We 

have their names and addresses -- and our government just sets them free, right after they 

try to buy guns.* Mr. President, do something about that if you're really serious. Don't try to 

pass something else, that you know and admit Congress and the public will resist. Act now. 

If you want more common-sense solutions, call me. Alan Korwin The Uninvited 
Ombudsman Author of ten books on gun law

27Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 3:58 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:Heartbreakingly the president of the United States is a pathological liar & America hating goon. Oh, and BTW, if you like your Dr, you can keep your Dr. And NO, we will not provide security for our fellow Americans in ultra-dangerous terrorist regions like Benghazi. And yes, Brian Terry WAS murdered with a gun that the US AG & obama smuggled to mexican drug gangs. And yes, his IRS bitch did criminally abuse power & lie. And yes, he calls gay NBA guys heroes but doesnt call real heroes that sacrificed for freedom. 

The guy is a bad bad man & psychotic liar. Obama's Impassioned Mass-Murder Speech Includes Error Alan Korwin, Author Gun Laws of America  

The President's impassioned Oregon speech, moving as it was, missed a key point that 

could lead to real progress on this terrible issue of mass murder. The 16 black Americans 

shot and murdered in ghettos that same day, and the day before, tragically got no news 

coverage. This is stunning, unmentioned -- and those lives matter. That black-lives gunfire 

atrocity is repeated, daily. And will remain true tomorrow when another 16 are murdered, 

but get no "coverage" -- 6,000 per year. The "Graph of Death" Mr. Obama asked for is 

already available here: http://www.gunlaws.com/GunshotDemographics.htm (with gut-

wrenching explanation) By focusing on an isolated "newsworthy" tragedy in one place, Mr. 

Obama unknowingly obscures the real issue, and does indeed politicize it -- as he 

forthrightly admitted. NOTE: Every action of this Oregon murderer is already 100% illegal -- 

legal scholars know the call for new laws is superfluous and disingenuous. It is a political 

agenda that weakens support and the true effort to solve the problem. The President made 

a repeated and critical mistake: New laws affecting all Americans will not affect the lone 

psychotics who commit these atrocities --The medical community stands as the greatest 

obstacle in getting to the psychotics. And the biggest ignored issue of all is: The existing 

background checks have stopped two million people from buying guns because they are 

known criminals or mentally unfit -- and they are simply turned loose on the streets. We 

have their names and addresses -- and our government just sets them free, right after they 

try to buy guns.* Mr. President, do something about that if you're really serious. Don't try to 

pass something else, that you know and admit Congress and the public will resist. Act now. 

If you want more common-sense solutions, call me. Alan Korwin The Uninvited 
Ombudsman Author of ten books on gun law

Preach it.

28Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 4:07 pm

Sal

Sal

This may be a new low.

Joanie is plagiarizing Ted Nugent, and PeeDawg is responding, "Hallelujah!!".

You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.

29Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 5:02 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Salinsky wrote:This may be a new low.

Joanie is plagiarizing Ted Nugent, and PeeDawg is responding, "Hallelujah!!".

You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.
Plagiarizing....nope. copied off Ted Nugent's facebook page....by Alan Korwin.

Did you have any thoughts on the content or you just follow along with the Obama use of a good tradgedy to promote his agenda. I realize you will never care to comment on the 6,000 lifes that don't matter.

30Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/2/2015, 5:13 pm

Markle

Markle

SheWrites wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

You talk about Chicago in one post and Connecticut in another and compare statistics?  Apples and Oranges.  Chicago does not fit into a discussion on mass shootings by white boys hyped up on their ADD meds who live with Mama and don't have a girlfriend.

Now, wait a minute.

Every time a white cop shoots an unarmed black person, Joannie and her merry band of idiots evoke Chicago, for reasons only they seem to understand, and I've never seen you complain about that.

Don't know any merry band of idiots around here.  Everyone seems to have their own place.  

As for no complaints on Chicago?  What good would it do?  Chicago's issues are their own which, to me, do not compare to a random shooting wherever it may be.

Drive by shooting by gang bangers killing young children are not random?

Curious!

31Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/3/2015, 9:36 am

Sal

Sal

Gun Violence - Page 2 Screen16

32Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/3/2015, 10:12 am

Facts-

Obama after 3 Muslims killed in Chapel Hill: "Nobody should be targeted for their faith." Obama after 9 Christians killed in Oregon: "Guns!"

33Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/3/2015, 10:48 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

For those of you who are proponents of more gun control laws .... instead of posting statistics and wailing, gnashing your teeth, and rending your garments over them; and blaming the NRA & Republican party .... how about explaining specifically what new laws you would like to see passed (that are within the confines of the 2nd Amendment and SCOTUS interpretation thereof) ... and  how those laws would those have prevented any of these mass shootings of recent years.

I'll help you out:

#1 Universal background checks - close the private sales loophole.
(not sure which, if any, mass shooter purchased their weapon(s) through a private sale without a NICS check, and if any did .... whether they would have passed a NICS check anyway .... maybe you'd like to point one out?)

34Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/3/2015, 11:58 am

Sal

Sal

EmeraldGhost wrote:how about explaining specifically what new laws you would like to see passed (that are within the confines of the 2nd Amendment and SCOTUS interpretation thereof) ... and  how those laws would those have prevented any of these mass shootings of recent years.

Again?

35Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/3/2015, 2:52 pm

2seaoat

Absurd logic.......please show how a guard rail at main and jones would save lives.......the fallacy of this ad hoc logic is that it is the totality of universal background checks which saves lives. I was at the hospital in chicago all day yesterday, but I saw the absurd claim by Markle that gun violence went down in Illinois since conceal and carry. Almost have of 2014 passed before they even started issuing permits so the year 2014 where there were six less murders tells you nothing. Look at 2015.
http://heyjackass.com/

36Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/3/2015, 3:07 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:http://heyjackass.com/

I love it. I forgot about this thread before I started my own today.... Go read that article and post some comments. The author makes a good case for why you have a right to laws that keep you safe from gun violence.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

37Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/3/2015, 5:28 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Salinsky wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:how about explaining specifically what new laws you would like to see passed (that are within the confines of the 2nd Amendment and SCOTUS interpretation thereof) ... and  how those laws would those have prevented any of these mass shootings of recent years.

Again?

Just scrolled through your last 250 posts and didn't find anything as to proposals for specific gun laws.

Mostly what I saw was insults, sarcasm, and shallow partisan attacks .... so you'll have to pardon me for getting the impression you are not a serious person.

But I don't like to make hasty judgements about people, so I'll give you another chance if you'd like to post those proposals in this thread so we can discuss.

38Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/3/2015, 5:36 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:

... Conn. since  universal background checks has seen a 40% drop in gun violence. ....

Fake statistic. Google it if you don't believe me.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/06/14/fact-checking-one-of-the-worst-wapo-gun-control-stories-ever/

39Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/3/2015, 6:07 pm

Suicide is often counted in those statistics too... for obvious reasons. I guess we should make new laws for that too.

40Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/3/2015, 8:34 pm

Sal

Sal

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Salinsky wrote:

Again?

Just scrolled through your last 250 posts and didn't find anything as to proposals for specific gun laws.

Mostly what I saw was insults, sarcasm, and shallow partisan attacks .... so you'll have to pardon me for getting the impression you are not a serious person.

But I don't like to make hasty judgements about people, so I'll give you another chance if you'd like to post those proposals in this thread so we can discuss.

The last time I specifically remember discussing it was when the news reporters got shot up.

I'll let you look it up.

I'm glad you read my last 250 posts.

Hopefully you learned something.

41Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/3/2015, 8:54 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

After looking at statistics and comparing our country with other countries and how many guns there are per person around the world and all the rest of it...

Since we also probably don't have any more crazy people in our territory than there are anywhere else, then what could it be? What is causing Americans to go about shooting up groups of largely peaceful fellow citizens, children, students?

What is the underlying cause? I think it is worth considering our wild west attitude and love of guns. The idea that a gun is the solution to our problems. Where does this come from? I am beginning to think that it is a combination of an overabundance of guns and our culture that is causing this.

If this is true then we are in for a long slog unless attitudes about the perceived "need" for guns changes as relatively quickly as did the attitudes about LGBTQ civil rights and marriage equality. Education may be the answer, like Mothers Against Drunk Driving but what will it take?

42Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/3/2015, 9:35 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Salinsky wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
Salinsky wrote:

Again?

The last time I specifically remember discussing it was when the news reporters got shot up.

I'll let you look it up.

I'm glad you read my last 250 posts.

Hopefully you learned something.

Well, I just scrolled through them ... didn't find much there of substance to actually read and consider ... like I said, mostly insults, sarcastic remarks, & shallow partisan attacks. No specific gun law proposals.

But seems this forum will only let me review another posters posts just so far back .... 257 in your case.

But hey, if you don't want to make your argument again (assuming you ave one?) ... I s'pose that's up to you, and I'll feel free to pretty much ignore anything further you have to say on this topic.

Have a nice evening.

43Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/3/2015, 9:36 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

othershoe1030 wrote:After looking at statistics and comparing our country with other countries and how many guns there are per person around the world and all the rest of it...

Since we also probably don't have any more crazy people in our territory than there are anywhere else, then what could it be? What is causing Americans to go about shooting up groups of largely peaceful fellow citizens, children, students?

What is the underlying cause? I think it is worth considering our wild west attitude and love of guns. The idea that a gun is the solution to our problems. Where does this come from? I am beginning to think that it is a combination of an overabundance of guns and our culture that is causing this.

If this is true then we are in for a long slog unless attitudes about the perceived "need" for guns changes as relatively quickly as did the attitudes about LGBTQ civil rights and marriage equality. Education may be the answer, like Mothers Against Drunk Driving but what will it take?

We are, and always have been, a gun culture.

44Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/3/2015, 9:42 pm

It's a lame attempt to tie in a tangent statistic.

45Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/4/2015, 2:54 am

2seaoat

Its simple. Bio triggers, chipped guns, chipped foid cards, universal carrying cases with open carry NO GUN IS LOADED ON ANY PERSON OTHER THAN LEO, ammo can be loaded in a few seconds with training. Universal background checks on every transfer. Foid card must sync with all chipped guns. Done, and a gun owner I have no problem chipping my guns, getting a new foid card, and having uniform carrying cases........but most importantly my fingerprints work on the trigger......or if my wife has been approved, her fingerprints will work.......Sorry but suicide by gun is an important stat.

46Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/4/2015, 7:22 am

othershoe1030 wrote:After looking at statistics and comparing our country with other countries and how many guns there are per person around the world and all the rest of it...

Pull chicago, detroit, no, and dc out of the mix and we rank near the least violent country. That's the problem.

47Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/4/2015, 8:33 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Its simple.  Bio triggers, chipped guns, chipped foid cards, universal carrying cases with open carry NO GUN IS LOADED ON ANY PERSON OTHER THAN LEO, ammo can be loaded in a few seconds with training.  Universal background checks on every transfer.   Foid card must sync with all chipped guns.  Done, and a gun owner I have no problem chipping my guns, getting a new foid card, and having uniform carrying cases........but most importantly my fingerprints work on the trigger......or if my wife has been approved, her fingerprints will work.......Sorry but suicide by gun is an important stat.

So ... "smart guns", huh.   That's the anti-gunners proposal?

What is the demonstrated reliability of them ... particularly in calibers higher than .22?

How do they do with heat, vibration, and RF interference?   Sweat, dirt, moisture, blood?

Is it not possible to electronically jam a "smart gun?" ...  how simple would it be for some amateur electronics person to build a jammer?

Why are law enforcement and the military not using these so-called "smart guns?"

What do we do with the 400 million+ guns already in the USA?

Would this apply to just handguns, or to hunting rifles & shotguns too? Would I be able to reprogram my hunting firearm so other members of my family could use it ... or so I could loan it to a friend?

As to your suggestions on open-carry vs ccw vs no loaded guns, etc .... how do "smart guns" stop a mass shooter?  Or any criminal really.   They're already intent on violating the law against murder, robbery, whatever; why would they abide by gun-carry laws?   Would you not agree gun carry laws only serve to restrict law-abiding citizen, not criminals?

Further, seeing as how many of these mass-shooters could have (& some did) purchase their guns legally with a background check ... how does any of this prevent that?   As I understand, the recent Oregon shooter purchased his guns legally, so that would have involved a NICS background check.  I doubt his victims would have cared much whether it was a smart-gun or a dumb-gun they were being shot with.

Finally ... do you really think it's realistic to expect such legislation could even be passed on a Federal level?  Or even in most States?

48Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/4/2015, 10:27 am

2seaoat

What do we do with the 400 million+ guns already in the USA?

Strict liability policy with every foid card. Chipped foid and chipped guns.....all fricking 400 million guns with bio trigger locks....the technology is reliable. I used a fingerprint log in on a computer system 15 years ago with Zero errors and my wife and I could log in easily. The Supreme Court says clearly gun safety regulation is constitutional. If you are going to transport a gun, you better have an approved container/holster and it better be open carry, no conceal and carry. Universal background checks and a WEEK waiting period on any gun transfer. Is this an overreaction to gun violence in America.....hardly. Law abiding citizens will comply and the bad guys will have a more difficult route. America will not be bought by the highest bidder, and the short dicks and gang punks will be following the rules or in jail. We can lower gun violence in America.

49Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/4/2015, 11:38 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:What do we do with the 400 million+ guns already in the USA?

Strict liability policy with every foid card.  Chipped foid and chipped guns.....all fricking 400 million guns with bio trigger locks....the technology is reliable.  I used a fingerprint log in on a computer system 15 years ago with Zero errors and my wife and I could log in easily.  The Supreme Court says clearly gun safety regulation is constitutional.  If you are going to transport a gun, you better have an approved container/holster and it better be open carry, no conceal and carry.  Universal background checks and a WEEK waiting period on any gun transfer.  Is this an overreaction to gun violence in America.....hardly.  Law abiding citizens will comply and the bad guys will have a more difficult route.  America will not be bought by the highest bidder, and the short dicks and gang punks will be following the rules or in jail.  We can lower gun violence in America.

Well, I could make quite a few  arguments against some of your ideas here.  I do believe there is a place for smart-gun technology ... but it needs to be tested/proved/accepted by the free market ... not imposed by the government.

But bottom line as to your ideas is ... it won't happen.  It's a pipe dream.  Politically I mean.  Can't happen under our current system of government .... not unless an authoritarian/dictatorial regime were to take over (one reason, btw, some want to keep their gun rights as uninfringed by government as possible)

btw ... if we may go into the realm of the possible for a moment, why do you favor open carry over concealed carry?   Concealed carry, no permit required, has worked very well in Vermont for a very long time.   Is there some kind of epidemic of gun crimes that have occurred by lawful concealed carry permit holders?   In my view, open carry is much more hazardous than concealed carry (and mind you, I have done both for a very long time .... both as an LEO and as a private citizen)

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 10/4/2015, 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

50Gun Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Gun Violence 10/4/2015, 11:41 am

The issue is not and never has been guns. The issue is the criminal/psychotic mind.

A gun will be obtained no matter what the laws by those who intend harm.

Have we not said this enough, Seaoat? And all you offer is more bureaucratic bull shit. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum