Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Far more people killed with knives than rifles....

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-20

The new crime statistics released by the agency reveal that out of 11,961 murders performed within the U.S. in 2014, 660 were committed unarmed, 1,567 were committed with knives and only 248 murders were known to have been committed using rifles of any type, including single-shot long arms and “assault rifles” routinely demonized by gun control groups.

Sal

Sal

Rifles??

Far more people are killed by switchblades than butter knives.

Hahahahahahahaha ....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Far more people die from mosquitoes than from great white sharks....

boards of FL

boards of FL

From your link, over five times as many people are murdered by firearms than knives.

All you did there was select the least common type of firearm used in a murder and then compared that to knives.

In other news, more people are killed with knives each year than with revolutionary era muskets.  I guess we can conclude that our gun laws are working based upon this incredibly idiotic analysis!

Here you are, Ole' Man TEO.   Your rocking chair is over there next to Markle's.  

Far more people killed with knives than rifles.... Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Summary of District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. __, 128 S. Ct. 2783, 171 L. Ed. 2d 637 (2008).

Holding and Rule (Scalia)

The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

The prefatory clause “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State” merely announces a purpose. It does not limit or expand the scope of the operative clause “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” The operative clause’s text and history demonstrate that it connotes an individual right to keep and bear arms.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:From your link, over five times as many people are murdered by firearms than knives.

All you did there was select the least common type of firearm used in a murder and then compared that to knives.

In other news, more people are killed with knives each year than with revolutionary era muskets.  I guess we can conclude that our gun laws are working based upon this incredibly idiotic analysis!

Here you are, Ole' Man TEO.   Your rocking chair is over there next to Markle's.  

Far more people killed with knives than rifles.... Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Just pointing out to those with a modicum of intelligence that the much maligned assault rifle is low on the list of murder weapons...pay attention or take your Ritalin.....

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:From your link, over five times as many people are murdered by firearms than knives.

Just pointing out to those with a modicum of intelligence that the much maligned assault rifle is low on the list of murder weapons...pay attention or take your Ritalin.....

Would you agree that assault rifles are the most heavily regulated type of firearm with some states outright banning them? They're certainly regulated to a greater degree than, say, handguns, aren't they? Would you agree with that?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Would you agree that assault rifles are the most heavily regulated type of firearm with some states outright banning them?  They're certainly regulated to a greater degree than, say, handguns, aren't they?  Would you agree with that?

Don't know, I got so many of them I probably skew the curve.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Would you agree that assault rifles are the most heavily regulated type of firearm with some states outright banning them?  They're certainly regulated to a greater degree than, say, handguns, aren't they?  Would you agree with that?

Don't know, I got so many of them I probably skew the curve.

So to clarify, you're saying that you don't know if assault rifles are more or less regulated than any other type of firearm?  

Here, Ole' Man TEO, let me help you.  You just said this:

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Just pointing out to those with a modicum of intelligence that the much maligned assault rifle is low on the list of murder weapons...pay attention or take your Ritalin.....

Now, Ole' Man TEO, why don't you put your thinking cap on and see if you can salvage some modicum of intelligence so as to answer this question:  

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chicago Tribune: Why Assault Rifle Sales are Booming

Who you been listening too ?  They are not regulated at all in my sphere of existence ? Oh sure they would like them to be but they are not... I just bought an AR in less than 10 minutes with a background check and walked out the door with it in Florida...now handguns do require a 3 day waiting period.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chicago Tribune: Why Assault Rifle Sales are Booming

Who you been listening too ?  They are not regulated at all in my sphere of existence ? Oh sure they would like them to be but they are not... I just bought an AR in less than 10 minutes with a background check and walked out the door with it in Florida...now handguns do require a 3 day waiting period.

You realize that assault weapons are banned entirely in seven states as well as the District of Columbia, right?  They were also banned entirely throughout the US for roughly 10 years.  

Are you honestly telling me that you're completely unaware of the fact that the "much maligned" - your words - assault weapons are subject to a greater level of regulation and scrutiny than a common handgun?  Because if that really is the way you're going to play this, you're basically conceding the idea that you're a low information voter.  

The level of stupidity on display in this single thread is almost surreal.  On one hand, you're so incredibly full of shit that you tried to manipulate the FBI data so as to paint a picture of the idea that knives are more dangerous that guns - so with that alone we can conclude that you're a lying deceitful asshole.  What you didn't realize in all of that, however, is that the data that you cherry-picked doesn't only fail to support your argument, it completely counters your argument.  I mean seriously.   It takes a very special type of dumbass to present data that shows us that far less people are killed by a heavily regulated - but very popular - type of firearm than knives as a means of arguing that gun control regulations have no impact on the use of firearms in murders.

I wonder if you even comprehend exactly how idiotic that is.  If you do, then you're just flat out lying here.  If you don't, then you're an incredibly stupid low information voter.

Which is it, Ole' Man TEO?  Are you a deceitful liar or are you just stupid?  Are you a "false witness"?  What does Proverbs say about liars and "false witnesses"?   It appears that being incredibly stupidity is - literally - your salvation here, Ole' Man TEO!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

What the hell ?...I live in Florida..move your dumb ass to one of those pitiful nanny states you so admire fool...vote with your feet...

State assault weapon bans

2.1 California
2.1.1 1989
2.1.2 1999
2.2 Connecticut
2.3 Hawaii
2.4 Maryland
2.5 Massachusetts
2.6 New Jersey
2.7 New York

3 Local assault weapons bans

3.1 District of Columbia
3.2 Illinois
3.3 Indiana
3.4 Massachusetts

polecat

polecat

ISIS kills 1 American - republicans lose there minds and ready to send someone else's children 1/2 way around the world to die or come home missing limbs.

10 to 20 Americans gun down at school every other month - Crickets

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:What the hell ?...I live in Florida..move your dumb ass to one of those pitiful nanny states you so admire fool...vote with your feet...

2.1 California
       2.1.1 1989
       2.1.2 1999
   2.2 Connecticut
   2.3 Hawaii
   2.4 Maryland
   2.5 Massachusetts
   2.6 New Jersey
   2.7 New York

3.1 District of Columbia
   3.2 Illinois
   3.3 Indiana
   3.4 Massachusetts

How does your place of residence play into this conversation in any way?  Good god man.  Can you read?  Are you really so senile that you don't comprehend the fact that you just created a thread about national homicide data and how that breaks down by murder weapon?  Seriously, what does "But I live in Florida!" have to do with this thread?  Is this your way of realizing that you're a dumbass and now you're bowing out?

Why not take a page from Markle's playbook and just stop responding, Forrest?

Dig up, stupid!  Dig up!

polecat wrote:ISIS kills 1 American - republicans lose there minds and ready to send someone else's children 1/2 way around the world to die or come home missing limbs.

10 to 20 Americans gun down at school every other month - Crickets

Those shooters have all been left wingers...why should we pile on more than it is obvious?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:What the hell ?...I live in Florida..move your dumb ass to one of those pitiful nanny states you so admire fool...vote with your feet...

2.1 California
       2.1.1 1989
       2.1.2 1999
   2.2 Connecticut
   2.3 Hawaii
   2.4 Maryland
   2.5 Massachusetts
   2.6 New Jersey
   2.7 New York

3.1 District of Columbia
   3.2 Illinois
   3.3 Indiana
   3.4 Massachusetts

How does your place of residence play into this conversation in any way?  Good god man.  Can you read?  Are you really so senile that you don't comprehend the fact that you just created a thread about national homicide data and how that breaks down by murder weapon?  Seriously, what does "But I live in Florida!" have to do with this thread?  Is this your way of realizing that you're a dumbass and now you're bowing out?

You are the one that loves data...you can't argue with the data ...your idiotic effort to prove that some few states regulating assault rifles produced this data is just ignorant misdirection. You always do these exercises in obfuscation and then call names and claim victory when people don't respond to your juvenile trap. Very childish and dishonest on your part.

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:Rifles??

Far more people are killed by switchblades than butter knives.

Hahahahahahahaha ....

For the far left Progressives here a rifle is an assault weapon. Big, bad, ugly and NO ONE NEEDS ONE.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Far more people die from mosquitoes than from great white sharks....

Actually it's Bull Sharks which kill the most people but I get your point.

Markle

Markle

Far more people killed with knives than rifles.... Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e468bdbc19fcc3ada

Why then are there far more violent crimes and murders in cities with strict gun laws?

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

2.1 California
       2.1.1 1989
       2.1.2 1999
   2.2 Connecticut
   2.3 Hawaii
   2.4 Maryland
   2.5 Massachusetts
   2.6 New Jersey
   2.7 New York

3.1 District of Columbia
   3.2 Illinois
   3.3 Indiana
   3.4 Massachusetts

You are the one that loves data...you can't argue with the data ...your idiotic effort to prove that some few states regulating assault rifles produced this data is just ignorant misdirection.

Good god you're dense.  You just posted a link to an FBI report that indicates that over five times as many people are killed by guns than by knives.  You then titled that thread "Far more people killed with knives than rifles.."

One more time, you chose as a title for a report that concludes that over five times as many people are killed by guns than knives "Far more people killed with knives than rifles..."

That, Ole' Man TEO, is an real example of "misdirection".  And when you got called out on this, your reply was predictably, "Ah ha! But I'm talking specifically about rifles!"  Yes, you were.  And when the it was pointed out to you that the most heavily regulated form of firearm is the one that is the least used in murders among all firearms, and even used less than knives...now your response is to say "But I'm from Florida!  You're trying to do some misdirection stuff here!"

Here again, you're either lying to the forum, you're incredibly dumb, or both.  I'm thinking both.  You lied when you created this thread title, you were too dumb to realize that your "But I'm talking about rifles!" argument actually works against you, and now you're lying about about assault weapons regulation.  And worse, you're trying to say that I am actually the one who is trying to mislead here.

Ole' Man TEO, your religion reserves a special place for people like you.  If I were as progressed in age as you are, and if I were gullible enough to believe that bullshit, I would probably spend my remaining time here in an attempt to reconcile my lifestyle with my ancient proverbs.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You are the one lumping rifles in with handguns like some yuppy fool might do...I simply contrasted knives with Rifles...hard for you to stay on MY topic huh ?...

I am fed up with your nerd rage...

Far more people killed with knives than rifles.... ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fthechristiannerd.files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F05%2Fnerd-rage

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You are the one lumping rifles in with handguns like some yuppy fool might do...I simply contrasted knives with Rifles...hard for you to stay on MY topic huh ?...

I am fed up with your  nerd rage...

Far more people killed with knives than rifles.... ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fthechristiannerd.files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F05%2Fnerd-rage

I looked at the situation both ways.  Firearms versus knives and rifles versus knives.  Five times more people are murdered with firearms than with knives.  That is the conclusion that we can arrive at from the FBI report that you posted.

Now, you chose to cherry-pick rifles and compare only murders committed with rifles to murders committed with knives.  Being it the case that you're obviously an idiot incapable of thinking critically, you likely thought to yourself "This number smaller than that number! Ah ha!  That mean I can use this to make case against gun law!" (I assume that is how intelligent your inner dialogue would sound)  The problem there is that you failed to recognize the fact that assault rifles are regulated to a greater degree than other firearms.  This is an objective fact whether you choose to be willfully ignorant on it or not.   So that actually works against your argument!  You're such an idiot that your attempt to argue for a particular point ended up actually arguing against your particular point.  

My interpretation of your contribution here:  HEY EVERYOJNE!!!1  LOOK AT THIS!!@1  THE MOST HEAVILY REGULAYTED TYPE OF FYREARM IS ALSO THE ONE THAT IZ USEED THE LEAST TO COMMIT M URDE4R!!11 THAT MUST MEAN THAT....UH.....WELL......GUN CONTRL DOESN'T WROK??  WAIT....UH....DO I HAVE THAT BACKWARDS??!?!  UH.....I'M FROM FLORIDA!!111111"  (trips on self while running away)

There are actually some decent counter arguments that you could make here that even I would be willing to acknowledge, but you're not smart enough to make them.  You're an idiot.  And this thread presents an air tight case for that fact.

But aside from that, Jesus must be incredibly disappointed in you.  You're overtly lying to a community of people on a day in which a mass murder occurred at the hands of a rogue gunner.  You're so afraid that you're not going to be able to play with your guns that you're willing to overtly lie on a forum so as to protect the very objects that define your manhood.  Put another way, you're a lying pussy.   Jesus reserves a special place for lying pussies, doesn't he?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The only counter argument I need is that you changed the topic to suit yourself. If you want discuss pistols start your own thread....

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:The only counter argument I need is that you changed the topic to suit yourself. If you want discuss pistols start your own thread....

Didn't I speak directly to the subject of rifles versus knives several times? Weren't you unwilling to respond? Here, I'll do it again in case your memory really is that shot.

TEO, assault rifles are among the most heavily regulated type of firearm. They were previously banned entirely nationwide for a decade and are still currently banned entirely in 7 states and the district of columbia. Other states do not outright ban them but do apply stricter regulation.

Being that the case, and being it the case that you have pointed out that more people are killed by knives than by rifles, couldn't we point to that fact as an indication that regulations on assault rifles are in fact working and have in fact served to reduce the number of deaths that occur as a result of these rifles?

Please proceed, governor.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2012/12/20/assault_rifle_stats_how_many_assault_rifles_are_there_in_america.html

A November 2012 Congressional Research Service report found that, as of 2009, there were approximately 310 million firearms in the United States: “114 million handguns, 110 million rifles, and 86 million shotguns.”

Statistical tie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum