Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will the Real Christians Please Stand up?

+4
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Cruz, Rubio and Trump all proudly claim they are serious Christian believers.

Regardless of their claim -- much of which is obviously based on the fact they need the evangelist vote -- after listening to the Pope all week, you know, the world's leading Christian -- I have no choice but to wonder how the pretend Christians rationalize their hatred of the poor, the weak, the displaced, the folks according to Papa Francis, whom Jesus would have knelt down before doing some serious foot-washing.

According to the Pope, we all need to show compassion for those who live in poverty, fear, and hunger.  Senor Trump, on the other hand, wants to round-up and exile 12,000,000 Latino illegals -- many of whom have been here, working and paying taxes for decades.  Just how does El Trumpo rationalize sending all these families back to a corrupt country dominated by drug warlords?

And Trump is parroted by Cruz and Rubio, the other self-claimed Christians running on the republican ticket.  Hell, Trump even wants to take away the citizenship of people who were born on American soil. And he's ready to change the Constitution to do so.  

While I have to admit I don't believe in any God(s), it seems clear to me after listening to the Pope pound away at us to show compassion to all minority groups -- including gays -- women who have had abortions, people who have turned away from The Church, etc., his brand of Christianity appears to be a million miles distant from that of Christian usurpers, who seek to justify their discriminations while simultaneously declaring their allegiance, belief and love for Him.

The way I figure it, if I have to eat dinner with a Christian, I'd rather do it with El Papa than a phony.  Wouldn't you?  

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Those three aren't the only admitted Christians,  wordslinger.  All the rest of them are too.
It's because anyone who says he's not into the Book Religion couldn't get elected.

And I'd be willing to bet you money that if Hillary or Bernie were asked what they are,  both of them would cop to being Bible believers too.

We already have the most generous and liberal legal immigration system in the world... and even gave amnesty once.

Why don't you fix mexico? But I wouldn't try crossing that border illegally... mexico doesn't take kindly to it.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Wordslinger wrote:.....his brand of Christianity appears to be a million miles distant from that of Christian usurpers, who seek to justify their discriminations while simultaneously declaring their allegiance, belief and love for Him.

That is a good question for poster Obamasucks to address. You already pointed out to him yesterday that he seems to have many hatreds, and has never told us about what he likes.....

Christ heaped piles of cow-dung on the self righteous, and chose to associate himself with sinners and harlots--those who were low and oppressed in society.

If He were present today, He would be standing in Gaza City with the Palestinians, and heaping scorn on the haughty Zionists (imposters posing as descendants of Abraham) in Bibi Netanyahu's government in Jerusalem.

I think some folks would be aghast at who they saw Christ siding with today, especially when they found themselves on the other side of the "red line" instead of the parties they had been judgmental against their whole lives.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:We already have the most generous and liberal legal immigration system in the world... and even gave amnesty once.

Why don't you fix mexico? But I wouldn't try crossing that border illegally... mexico doesn't take kindly to it.
I posted once before the penalties for entering Mexico illegally. The penalties includes a mandatory prison sentence.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:
PkrBum wrote:We already have the most generous and liberal legal immigration system in the world... and even gave amnesty once.

I posted once before the penalties for entering Mexico illegally. The penalties includes a mandatory prison sentence.

This thread isn't about "fixing" Mexico. It's about rationalizing that it's Christian to dislike illegals and hope for their arrest and deportation. Any comment on what the thread is about?

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

This thread isn't about "fixing" Mexico.  It's about rationalizing that it's Christian to dislike illegals and hope for their arrest and deportation.  Any comment on what the thread is about?

Your threads concerning faith and religion are always filled with hate and vitriol. How is it that someone like yourself is so filled with prejudice, racism and bigotry?

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t18184p165-strange-is-it-not-how-our-good-friend-and-resident-heathen-wordslinger-spends-so-much-time-posting-threads-about-faith-and-religion#255814

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

This thread isn't about "fixing" Mexico.  It's about rationalizing that it's Christian to dislike illegals and hope for their arrest and deportation.  Any comment on what the thread is about?

Your threads concerning faith and religion are always filled with hate and vitriol.  How is it that someone like yourself is so filled with prejudice, racism and bigotry?

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t18184p165-strange-is-it-not-how-our-good-friend-and-resident-heathen-wordslinger-spends-so-much-time-posting-threads-about-faith-and-religion#255814

Once again you squirm away and instead of answering a thread, twist into a new subject. You're truly desperate and pathetic. I hate religion because it's so obviously hypocritical. Men like you disgust me -- you have ten times the racial prejudice or bigotry than I, and you proclaim your love of Jesus as often as you can. Tell us again how you make fun of Latinos with an accent ... or Black Americans faced with rebuilding a riot torn city. What was that phrase you used? Oh yeah, "I know NOSSING!

Reality.

Wordslinger wrote:Cruz, Rubio and Trump all proudly claim they are serious Christian believers.

Regardless of their claim -- much of which is obviously based on the fact they need the evangelist vote -- after listening to the Pope all week, you know, the world's leading Christian -- I have no choice but to wonder how the pretend Christians rationalize their hatred of the poor, the weak, the displaced, the folks according to Papa Francis, whom Jesus would have knelt down before doing some serious foot-washing.

According to the Pope, we all need to show compassion for those who live in poverty, fear, and hunger.  Senor Trump, on the other hand, wants to round-up and exile 12,000,000 Latino illegals -- many of whom have been here, working and paying taxes for decades.  Just how does El Trumpo rationalize sending all these families back to a corrupt country dominated by drug warlords?

And Trump is parroted by Cruz and Rubio, the other self-claimed Christians running on the republican ticket.  Hell, Trump even wants to take away the citizenship of people who were born on American soil. And he's ready to change the Constitution to do so.  

While I have to admit I don't believe in any God(s), it seems clear to me after listening to the Pope pound away at us to show compassion to all minority groups -- including gays -- women who have had abortions, people who have turned away from The Church, etc., his brand of Christianity appears to be a million miles distant from that of Christian usurpers, who seek to justify their discriminations while simultaneously declaring their allegiance, belief and love for Him.

The way I figure it, if I have to eat dinner with a Christian, I'd rather do it with El Papa than a phony.  Wouldn't you?  

I think every human who claims to be a Christian must wage war against their human-ness and decide if they will be Christlike or use their Christianity as a power stance.

I am a Christian and I don't care at all for the way organized religion has sat back and ran their mouths over how to run the country but in turn do nothing in their own neighborhoods to help the poor, the widows, the orphans.

Sure, you have the folks who clean out their closets and give to local charities or donate food. But where in their pretty clean houses and churches do you see the Christian coming along side a person in need and truly helping them out of their circumstance.

Jesus taught that you don't just tell a person how to fix themselves you show them. I'm not going to post bible verses but if you follow the overall teaching of Jesus you know from where I speak.

In Pensacola there is a man who puts feet to the teaching of Jesus and his hands on those in need. Many in the churches do not like him because he preaches inclusion and so they separate themselves from the good he does because of his stance on homosexuality.

To me, the Christian who shows and does not tell is the one who seeks to honor all Jesus taught. I could never hear another sermon or step foot inside a church and live a perfectly useful life that adheres to the teaching of Jesus.

The limelight, politics, and of course money, have led Christians from their true calling to a quagmire that is only the butt of jokes and pointed to as hypocritical.
I'm not shocked at all by anyone on this forum who has no regard for anyone who says they are a Christian.

It's not about reading the bible cover to cover. It's not about having all the answers on creation, God, Jesus, and the apostle's creed.

Jesus said "Love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself."

Christians are too full of themselves to humble themselves and walk as Jesus walked.

I do admire the Pope. He has come in and tossed over some tables just as Jesus did in the Temple.

It is heartbreaking to see the damage caused by so-called Christians.

Jesus said to be salt and light in the world. The salt has lost its savor and there is a very dark cloud over those who shout the loudest that they are Christians.

Christians look to Kentucky and claim religious persecution. HOGWASH

A Christian couple living and working with refugees in Iraq, not knowing if they will live or die in their simple work to feed and clothe people, are the people I freely call Christian.

Those with the label on their chest and using said label for their own advancement - I say hireling. You know, not the true shepherd to care for the sheep but someone who is paid to look like the shepherd. No heart.

The USA still, for some reason, is a beacon to many who desire freedom and a way of life that is better than what they have. How would anyone revel in ripping families out of a decent way of life.

I do not have an answer to the ills our our country. But I do know that too many people will not leave their comfort zone to offer a truly hands on solution. We sit back, quote the Bible, quote the Constitution and never show the true freedom and love that both the book and paper offer. Empty people with selfish attitudes of what they claim to have - God and country.

The Pope never mentioned Christ in his speech to Congress.

Obamasucks wrote:The Pope never mentioned Christ in his speech to Congress.

I saw Christ all in him.

You'd be wrong on all counts she writes. What about churches who offer free housing, drug and rape counseling and such?

Not everyone can be part of the ministry in day to day operations. Not everyone is called to be a missionary.

For those who can't do the following, there is the option to tithe extra for causes at your church you deem worthy.

What would you know about religious persecution? You take no stance on this forum but to fence sit and refrain to talk about Christ unless you are denigrating other Christians like your post above. Heck we have it here in the form of salinsky, Bof, and the op in this thread who leads the pack on religious discrimination.

My church has the Charis house for ladies who have been drug addicted, sexually abused, or just down and out unable to take care of themselves. We probably send more to foreign missions than churches far larger. We have many other works in the community, but you wouldn't know it unless you asked.

I haven't seen you make one stand for Christ on this forum ever.

Obamasucks wrote:You'd be wrong on all counts she writes.  What about churches who offer free housing, drug and rape counseling and such?

Not everyone can be part of the ministry in day to day operations. Not everyone is called to be a missionary.

For those who can't do the following, there is the option to tithe extra for causes at your church you deem worthy.

What would you know about religious persecution?  You take no stance on this forum but to fence sit and refrain to talk about Christ unless you are denigrating other Christians like your post above. Heck we have it here in the form of salinsky, Bof, and the op in this thread who leads the pack on religious discrimination.

My church has the Charis house for ladies who have been drug addicted, sexually abused, or just down and out unable to take care of themselves.  We probably send more to foreign missions than churches far larger.  We have many other works in the community, but you wouldn't know it unless you asked.

I think it's great what you share about the things your church is doing.  Great and good for them.  

Did I say I knew religious persecution?  I only had a conversation with a couple who are serving in Iraq in a refugee camp.  And trust me, they do not spend time boasting of their service. They just do the work. They live with the threat of losing their lives but do their work anyway without national TV coverage and Mike Huckabee at their side.    There is no Christian living in America who knows persecution.  

I don't think it's about taking a side, Pacedog.  BTW, what Christian chooses such an offensive name that defames the President of the USA?  

A Christian is compassionate.  Jesus is the prime example, living embodiment of compassion.  He could have fought and wiped out whomever he chose to and sat upon a throne and declared the kingdom of heaven on earth yet he did not.

Do you dare accuse him of not choosing a side?  In my belief, he died for you and me.  That, my friend, is better than any choice of a side - you know, to lay down your life for a friend.  And that is what he did.  

So you say we cannot be part of a ministry everyday or a missionary?  Jesus said to be a light to the world, Pacedog.  How does your light shine here on this forum?  

I'm not against you nor any one who says they are a Christian but I am deeply saddened by the lack of Christlikeness I see in those who holler the loudest.

There, I got off my fence and shared.  

Salt and light, Pacedog, salt and light.  Love your neighbor as yourself.

SheWrites wrote:
Obamasucks wrote:You'd be wrong on all counts she writes.  What about churches who offer free housing, drug and rape counseling and such?

What would you know about religious persecution?  You take no stance on this forum but to fence sit and refrain to talk about Christ unless you are denigrating other Christians like your post above. Heck we have it here in the form of salinsky, Bof, and the op in this thread who leads the pack on religious discrimination.

My church has the Charis house for ladies who have been drug addicted, sexually abused, or just down and out unable to take care of themselves.  We probably send more to foreign missions than churches far larger.  We have many other works in the community, but you wouldn't know it unless you asked.

I think it's great what you share about the things your church is doing.  Great and good for them.  

Did I say I knew religious persecution?  I only had a conversation with a couple who are serving in Iraq in a refugee camp.  And trust me, they do not spend time boasting of their service. They just do the work. They live with the threat of losing their lives but do their work anyway without national TV coverage and Mike Huckabee at their side.    There is no Christian living in America who knows persecution.  

I don't think it's about taking a side, Pacedog.  BTW, what Christian chooses such an offensive name that defames the President of the USA?  

A Christian is compassionate.  Jesus is the prime example, living embodiment of compassion.  He could have fought and wiped out whomever he chose to and sat upon a throne and declared the kingdom of heaven on earth yet he did not.

Do you dare accuse him of not choosing a side?  In my belief, he died for you and me.  That, my friend, is better than any choice of a side - you know, to lay down your life for a friend.  And that is what he did.  

So you say we cannot be part of a ministry everyday or a missionary?  Jesus said to be a light to the world, Pacedog.  How does your light shine here on this forum?  

I'm not against you nor any one who says they are a Christian but I am deeply saddened by the lack of Christlikeness I see in those who holler the loudest.

Some of us have been persecuted. This forum is a great example of the ostracism and denigration that takes place of Christians everywhere. Yes, it does get worse in other places, but it is pretty bad here. We have the OP of this thread that leads the pack.

Religious persecution exists a lot here in Pensacola and is highlighted by Andy Marlette at the PNJ. Just two Sundays ago, there was a terrible blasphemous cartoon and editorial he wrote himself.

We have a POTUS who has done all he can to marginalize Christians everywhere, even claiming that we are not a Christian nation, when in fact, an elementary school text on US History proves otherwise.

I don't have to respect the man who holds the office. Why don't you start talking to the liberals here who think that everything is W's fault? Why don't you stand up for Bush when the multitude of blame shifting from Obama to Bush takes place on a near daily basis.

No, we all can't be part of a ministry. We can tithe though and that helps promulgate ministries that the church is working on. You yourself said Christians aren't doing anything for the poor and needy, yet I give you examples and you could care less. Christians are doing great things, but this ADMINISTRATION has pretty much tossed the poor on the backburner in many ways...mostly on getting them off the dole and dependency on the government. That is probably Obama's biggest failure.

My light shines in that I stand up as Christian here despite the constant ridicule from BOF, SAl, Z, FT, Vikingwoman, Bob, and Wordslinger. My light shines in that I actually take care of my family responsibilities not depending on the government or others to do it for me.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Cruz, Rubio and Trump all proudly claim they are serious Christian believers.

I think every human who claims to be a Christian must wage war against their human-ness and decide if they will be Christlike or use their Christianity as a power stance.  

I am a Christian and I don't care at all for the way organized religion has sat back and ran their mouths over how to run the country but in turn do nothing in their own neighborhoods to help the poor, the widows, the orphans.  

Sure, you have the folks who clean out their closets and give to local charities or donate food.  But where in their pretty clean houses and churches do you see the Christian coming along side a person in need and truly helping them out of their circumstance.  

Jesus taught that you don't just tell a person how to fix themselves you show them.  I'm not going to post bible verses but if you follow the overall teaching of Jesus you know from where I speak.

In Pensacola there is a man who puts feet to the teaching of Jesus and his hands on those in need.  Many in the churches do not like him because he preaches inclusion and so they separate themselves from the good he does because of his stance on homosexuality.  

To me, the Christian who shows and does not tell is the one who seeks to honor all Jesus taught.  I could never hear another sermon or step foot inside a church and live a perfectly useful life that adheres to the teaching of Jesus.

The limelight, politics, and of course money, have led Christians from their true calling to a quagmire that is only the butt of jokes and pointed to as hypocritical.
I'm not shocked at all by anyone on this forum who has no regard for anyone who says they are a Christian.

It's not about reading the bible cover to cover.  It's not about having all the answers on creation, God, Jesus, and the apostle's creed.  

Jesus said "Love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself."

Christians are too full of themselves to humble themselves and walk as Jesus walked.

I do admire the Pope.  He has come in and tossed over some tables just as Jesus did in the Temple.  

It is heartbreaking to see the damage caused by so-called Christians.  

Jesus said to be salt and light in the world.  The salt has lost its savor and there is a very dark cloud over those who shout the loudest that they are Christians.

Christians look to Kentucky and claim religious persecution.  HOGWASH

A Christian couple living and working with refugees in Iraq, not knowing if they will live or die in their simple work to feed and clothe people, are the people I freely call Christian.

Those with the label on their chest and using said label for their own advancement - I say hireling.  You know, not the true shepherd to care for the sheep but someone who is paid to look like the shepherd.  No heart.

The USA still, for some reason, is a beacon to many who desire freedom and a way of life that is better than what they have.  How would anyone revel in ripping families out of a decent way of life.

I do not have an answer to the ills our our country.  But I do know that too many people will not leave their comfort zone to offer a truly hands on solution.  We sit back, quote the Bible, quote the Constitution and never show the true freedom and love that both the book and paper offer.   Empty people with selfish attitudes of what they claim to have - God and country.

Well said. I can only argue with one point. I do know many people who do good works through their Christian faith...or Jewish...or Muslim...or Buddhist. Most go about their business quietly; some are more political out of necessity. But you can always tell the real ones. The rest I call pseudo-Christians.

Obamasucks wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

Some of us have been persecuted. This forum is a great example of the ostracism and denigration that takes place of Christians everywhere. Yes, it does get worse in other places, but it is pretty bad here. We have the OP of this thread that leads the pack.

Religious persecution exists a lot here in Pensacola and is highlighted by Andy Marlette at the PNJ. Just two Sundays ago, there was a terrible blasphemous cartoon and editorial he wrote himself.

We have a POTUS who has done all he can to marginalize Christians everywhere, even claiming that we are not a Christian nation, when in fact, an elementary school text on US History proves otherwise.

I don't have to respect the man who holds the office.  Why don't you start talking to the liberals here who think that everything is W's fault? Why don't you stand up for Bush when the multitude of blame shifting from Obama to Bush takes place on a near daily basis.

No, we all can't be part of a ministry. We can tithe though and that helps promulgate ministries that the church is working on. You yourself said Christians aren't doing anything for the poor and needy, yet I give you examples and you could care less. Christians are doing great things, but this ADMINISTRATION has pretty much tossed the poor on the backburner in many ways...mostly on getting them off the dole and dependency on the government. That is probably Obama's biggest failure.

My light shines in that I stand up as  Christian here despite the constant ridicule from BOF, SAl, Z, FT, Vikingwoman, Bob, and Wordslinger.  My light shines in that I actually take care of my family responsibilities not depending on the government or others to do it for me.

You make it sound as though a Christian must be on your side of the political fence. Why would I have to stand up for any President? Shouldn't their record be enough?

Ridicule is not persecution. Questioning faith is not persecution.

President Obama did not create the problems our nation faces nor did President Bush.

Change begins at our front doors. No on has taken away your voice to share the message of Jesus. But we can't just speak it we have to live it.

Living it is what others see. And we can do that every day. Unfortunately his message gets clouded in politics. Politics do not matter.

Where did Jesus speak against the Romans? He always spoke to the soul of man. Even when Peter took up his sword and lobbed off the soldiers ear, what did Jesus do? Admonished Peter and healed the soldier.

God is big enough to take care of the issues that you feel you need to handle and stand up for personally. Don't you believe that?

And PS...I'm no example of Christ and if I said I was I would be lying. I do strive daily to make the mark. Thankfully his grace and mercy cover my failings.

And I feel that Christians must extend that same grace and mercy to all.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Obamasucks wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

I don't have to respect the man who holds the office.  Why don't you start talking to the liberals here who think that everything is W's fault? Why don't you stand up for Bush when the multitude of blame shifting from Obama to Bush takes place on a near daily basis.

My light shines in that I stand up as  Christian here despite the constant ridicule from BOF, SAl, Z, FT, Vikingwoman, Bob, and Wordslinger.  My light shines in that I actually take care of my family responsibilities not depending on the government or others to do it for me.

You flatter yourself. You're not ridiculed here just because you claim to be a Christian. You're ridiculed because you're an obnoxious, negative whiner. I can't speak for all the others (by the way, stop for a moment and try to guess why so many on this forum oppose you so frequently ... could it be you deserve derision?). Speaking for myself, I ridicule you as someone who claims to be a Christian, and for your insane politics and war-mongering. The others on your long list of forum opponents have their own reasons. Reality.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sorry, but "W" IS responsible for many of the hardships across our country...as was his father, as was Reagan. See my post on the "Strange is it not?..." thread.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Obamasucks wrote:My light shines in that I stand up as  Christian here despite the constant ridicule from BOF, SAl, Z, FT, Vikingwoman, Bob, and Wordslinger.  My light shines in that I actually take care of my family responsibilities not depending on the government or others to do it for me.

You get constant ridicule because you make it too easy.

She writes is spot-on. You are no better than your worst neighbor, and neither am I, nor is she. I didn't originate that, but Charles Stanley did in a sermon I heard on WEGS back in 1992. You are not shining any light spewing the hate you spew toward anything and any one that does not fit into to the very narrow category that defines your ideological beliefs. God is no respecter of persons, and he is not going to separate you from BOF, SAl, Z, FT, Vikingwoman, Bob, and Wordslinger and count you as more righteous. Rather, He is going to push you back in the line and tell everyone "You are all sinners and are unworthy." Then He will tell everyone that is why He sent His son.

Therefore, get over it, PeeDog.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

polecat

polecat

Sal

Sal

Obamasucks wrote:

What a whiny little prick you are.

You're not ridiculed because you're a christian.

You're ridiculed because you're a loud-mouthed imbecile and a self-righteous asshole.

Why don't you take your marbles and head home again, crybaby.

Will the Real Christians Please Stand up? Crying-baby

polecat

polecat

Will the Real Christians Please Stand up? 11046501_568237716658338_7099442021609320241_n

polecat

polecat

Will the Real Christians Please Stand up? 11235284_1484680705159791_8342805942578278989_n

polecat wrote:[img]

http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_Mass_Murder

polecat wrote:Will the Real Christians Please Stand up? 11235284_1484680705159791_8342805942578278989_n

I remember that club, it was the Soviet Union under the rule of Stalin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum