Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This Week in Republican Minority Outreach

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sal

Sal

Party of Asshats ...

As the Supreme Court heard arguments on California’s Proposition 8 ban on gay marriage, rising conservative star Ben Carson on Tuesday weighed in on the issue on Fox News’ “Hanity.”

“Well, my thoughts are that marriage is between a man and a woman,” Carson said. “It’s a well-established fundamental pillar of society. And no group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn’t matter what they are. They don’t get to change the definition. So it’s not something that’s against gays. It’s, it’s against anybody who wants to come along and change the fundamental definitions of pillars of society. It has significant ramifications.”

Then on Thursday, a Republican National Committeeman in Michigan found himself in hot water over an anti-gay Facebook post. Dave Agema posted an article Wednesday on Facebook that denounced the lifestyle of homosexuals as “filthy.” The article went on to list a number of “statistics” about homosexuals, including a claim that “50 percent of suicides can be attributed to homosexuals.”

Later Thursday came news of Rep. Don Young (R-AK) giving an interview to a local radio station, in which he reminisced about “wetbacks” working on his father’s ranch in California. “My father had a ranch; we used to have 50-60 wetbacks to pick tomatoes. It takes two people to pick the same tomatoes now. It’s all done by machine,” Young said on KRBD.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/03/gop-minority-outreach-setbacks.php?ref=fpblg

Their collective image is not unlike a POS Van covered with Bible verse stickers illegally parked in a WalMart handicap space.

They stick their Florsheims in their mouth so often they've begun to like the taste of dirt.

Sal

Sal

binac wrote:Their collective image is not unlike a POS Van covered with Bible verse stickers illegally parked in a WalMart handicap space.

They stick their Florsheims in their mouth so often they've begun to like the taste of dirt.

The funniest part about it is when you point it out to them, they accuse you of "playing the race card".

Talk about being completely divorced from reality.

The more I see of today's Republican party, the more I'm convinced that there's no road to redemption for them.

They've doomed themselves to be a regional party of bigots.

They have become last year's tennis shoes, headed for a thrift store or dumpster.

Their logo should be a rescue boat made of wire mesh.

Yella

Yella

I predict Hillary for the next two terms. The Republican Party has picked some of the sorriest people to run for office I have ever seen. They alienated most women, all gays, most Hispanics and all blacks. I don't know how the Asians fit in.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sal

Sal

Yella wrote:I don't know how the Asians fit in.

Yella wrote:I predict Hillary for the next two terms. The Republican Party has picked some of the sorriest people to run for office I have ever seen. They alienated most women, all gays, most Hispanics and all blacks. I don't know how the Asians fit in.

When your message is predominantly fear based, "the Asians" are always a go to boogey beast.

Asian-Americans might be the most overlooked and lest courted demographic in our elections.

I guess it might be worthwhile to know the background to prop 8. It was a referendum on the 2008 ballot and it was defeated by an interesting demographic that voted overwhelmingly for obama. Then again... y'all might not care.

PkrBum wrote:I guess it might be worthwhile to know the background to prop 8. It was a referendum on the 2008 ballot and it was defeated by an interesting demographic that voted overwhelmingly for obama. Then again... y'all might not care.

Not really. Why do you...?

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/exit-poll-shows-blacks-hispanics-overwhelmingly-ba/nKXyL/?nmredir=true

2seaoat

an interesting demographic that voted overwhelmingly for obama.

What is surprising about that.....Obama did not support same sex marriage at that time......nor did his voters......duh. Now for an interesting demographic......who put it on the ballot?

I would guess people that are willing to use the govt to enforce their moral/ethical beliefs... big surprise in this day and age.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:I would guess people that are willing to use the govt to enforce their moral/ethical beliefs... big surprise in this day and age.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness..."

I'm glad you've decided to read the constitution... better late than never. If you think I'm defending prop 8 you must have rocks in your head. I just found it funny that some were playing the race/bias card when blacks and hispanics overwhelmingly voted for denying equal rights to another minority group. Kinda ironical huh?

I don't think the govt should be involved in marriage at all... no benefit, no penalty, no restrictions between willing adults.

Why should a single person pay a higher tax rate than a married person? What difference does having a child make?

There are way too many circumstances where the govt picks winners and losers... or tries to reverse the same.

PkrBum wrote:I'm glad you've decided to read the constitution... better late than never. If you think I'm defending prop 8 you must have rocks in your head. I just found it funny that some were playing the race/bias card when blacks and hispanics overwhelmingly voted for denying equal rights to another minority group. Kinda ironical huh?

I don't think the govt should be involved in marriage at all... no benefit, no penalty, no restrictions between willing adults.

Why should a single person pay a higher tax rate than a married person? What difference does having a child make?

There are way too many circumstances where the govt picks winners and losers... or tries to reverse the same.

You know I was surprised that California did that, prop 8.

you know I agree with you on the winners and losers thing about the Gov. But you and I both know that's what the majority of these people want the Gov to do. As long as they are on the winners end. Wink

The way I remember it chrissy is that there was already a near identical law on the books.

It was more like a referendum than an initiative.

PkrBum wrote:The way I remember it chrissy is that there was already a near identical law on the books.

It was more like a referendum than an initiative.

not only that, those people obviously just do not know what the hell they are doing. They had just granted same sex marriage in cali that began in june of 2008 then voted against it in nv 2008, now again in 2013 they want a do over. LOL This is a prime example of liberalism as a mental disorder. Razz

2seaoat

This is a prime example of liberalism as a mental disorder. Razz

Where does the conservative Mormon initiative fit into this mental disorder? Question Question Question

2seaoat wrote:This is a prime example of liberalism as a mental disorder. Razz

Where does the conservative Mormon initiative fit into this mental disorder? Question Question Question

Does it surprise you that religions define marriage as between a man and a woman? There had been a previous version from 2000 that also was passed by a majority of voters that was struck down. Maybe everybody should mind their own damn biz.

2seaoat wrote:This is a prime example of liberalism as a mental disorder. Razz

I think its safe to say that what I said went over your head.

The example of mental disorder is voting for it, then voting against it, then wanting another chance to vote for it again.

I could care less what people do in their privacy as long as its not with children.

The main reason why some people cry about marriage is two things, one side wants the benefits that are allotted with it and the other considers it a sacred right.

I don't give a shit for either. I live with my actions and I have to pay for them if I really care about making them. To me that is what Americans and responsible people do. They look to themselves for answers to lifes questions. As the head of my household if I cant provide then I am letting my family down. And their benefits are as great as I provide until they start to provide for themselves. This is the way I was raised. I accept that. Its not always perfect and sometimes there are struggles, sadness, sorrows etc, but again that is part of life.

I am confident that one day when more people are aware of people such as myself, things will change out of respect not out of force, bitterness and anger. I don't have the desire to step on someones beleifs in order to promote my own selfish agenda. When that day comes, if ever it will be of harmony and will not create resentfulness in most as seems to be the avenue most want to take now. Laws do not create acceptance.

My road is the road less taken, its longer but its made sturdy and I stand by it..

knothead

knothead

From a personal perspective on this same sex marriage issue I find it difficult to accept; on the other hand when I challenge my own morality and mores I cannot articulate a rational argument against allowing it (same sex marriage). My wife's brother is gay . . . . . a good guy who has a work ethic hard to match and while I disagree or disapprove of 'gayness' I just cannot say what is rational about my position or my gut feeling . . . . . . it is a bias I am trying to overcome so I remain conflicted . . . . .

knothead wrote:From a personal perspective on this same sex marriage issue I find it difficult to accept; on the other hand when I challenge my own morality and mores I cannot articulate a rational argument against allowing it (same sex marriage). My wife's brother is gay . . . . . a good guy who has a work ethic hard to match and while I disagree or disapprove of 'gayness' I just cannot say what is rational about my position or my gut feeling . . . . . . it is a bias I am trying to overcome so I remain conflicted . . . . .

Well put knot... I think it's an epic nature fail... but it's simply none of my biz or the govts. Equal protection is just that.

PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:From a personal perspective on this same sex marriage issue I find it difficult to accept; on the other hand when I challenge my own morality and mores I cannot articulate a rational argument against allowing it (same sex marriage). My wife's brother is gay . . . . . a good guy who has a work ethic hard to match and while I disagree or disapprove of 'gayness' I just cannot say what is rational about my position or my gut feeling . . . . . . it is a bias I am trying to overcome so I remain conflicted . . . . .

Well put knot... I think it's an epic nature fail... but it's simply none of my biz or the govts. Equal protection is just that.

Maybe it's part of God's plan to help with population control. Is it a fail, or a natural solution to a very real problem...?

Left to it's own device nature has a way of achieving balance even when we don't like it.

knothead

knothead

It is just too freaky to see two guys that look like ZZ Top smooching . . . . . . you know what I mean . . . . . . I told my gay brother in law I love him and I do . . . . . he is a great person but do not bring that to my house . . . . . . EVER! I'm struggling with acceptance and pkr is correct . . . . . it is not government's business but I cringe at same sex any damn thing . . . . . . this is so tough for me and as I said I cannot articulate a rational position for my instincts.

knothead wrote:It is just too freaky to see two guys that look like ZZ Top smooching . . . . . . you know what I mean . . . . . . I told my gay brother in law I love him and I do . . . . . he is a great person but do not bring that to my house . . . . . . EVER! I'm struggling with acceptance and pkr is correct . . . . . it is not government's business but I cringe at same sex any damn thing . . . . . . this is so tough for me and as I said I cannot articulate a rational position for my instincts.

I understand.

PDA bothers me a little, but for some reason, two women kissing doesn't bother me in the least.

Isn't that strange...?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum