Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Iran's supreme leader: There will be no such thing as Israel in 25 years"

+2
ZVUGKTUBM
gatorfan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gatorfan

ZVUGKTUBM throws a party.

(CNN)Israel will not exist in another quarter century, Iran's supreme leader, the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said during a speech this week in Tehran, state-run media report.

"I'd say (to Israel) that they will not see (the end) of these 25 years," the Islamic Republic News Agency quoted Khamenei as saying Wednesday at the Imam Khomeini Mosque.

Khamenei raised the issue while discussing the recent nuclear deal between Iran and the so-called P5+1 -- the United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, China and Russia -- by which, among other things, Iran agreed to cut its uranium stockpiles and centrifuges and limit uranium enrichment in exchange for the West lifting sanctions against the Islamic Republic.

The agreement allows the International Atomic Energy Agency to access Iranian facilities for verifications. Still, the Obama administration has faced fierce criticism over the agreement from both sides of the aisle, and especially from Republicans who have promised to scuttle the deal despite the fact the President reportedly has sufficient support to veto any such measure.

Khamenei's speech promises to make a contentious deal pricklier.
Some of the agreement's measures will remain in place for 25 years. Seizing on that time frame, Khamenei noted that some observers say it should allay Israel's fears about a nuclear Iran during that time.
"God willing, there will be no such thing as a Zionist regime in 25 years. Until then, struggling, heroic and jihadi morale will leave no moment of serenity for Zionists," he said, according to IRNA.

… Khamenei said during his speech that the nuclear negotiations will be the extent of Iran's dealings with the United States. He accused Washington of holding negotiations with Iran only so it can influence the country and impose its demands, he said, according to state-run Press TV.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/10/middleeast/iran-khamenei-israel-will-not-exist-25-years/index.html

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM throws a party.

Well, if the Zio-fascist, end-times evangelical religious zealots (as opposed to true followers and lovers of Christ) get their way, Armageddon is going to start well before 25 years. The fundamentalist nuts are trying to twist Almighty God's arm to make it happen soonest, claiming they are doing His will.

Meanwhile, on an Earthly level, they are trying to drive American politics that way. If Iran says "Boo!" to Israel, the fundies are ready to smite the Iranians using all of America's military might. They wouldn't care what it cost America, because they all have the belief that as soon as they get the big final war going, God is going to rapture them away from what they helped start.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead

knothead

Nationalistic hyperbole which very much mirrors the Tea Party hyperbole in our own country . . . . . .

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:Nationalistic hyperbole which very much mirrors the Tea Party hyperbole in our own country . . . . . .  

cheerscheerscheerscheerscheers

"Iran's supreme leader: There will be no such thing as Israel in 25 years" Crazy_10

gatorfan

knothead wrote:Nationalistic hyperbole which very much mirrors the Tea Party hyperbole in our own country . . . . . .  

Hillary said yesterday if Iran threatens Israel she will respond militarily. She is more hawkish than progressives would ever admit in public.

Of course there is always the small matter of treaties with allies to consider but I digress.....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Don't overlook something about this.

If what all the republican candidates,  all the republican media,  and all the republican politicians and voters believe is true,  that this is a totally sweet deal for Iran and the worst deal ever for the U.S.;
then I would expect the Iranian leaders to keep their mouths shut and not say anything that would give ammunition to the republicans in their attempts to squirrel the deal.
That would be what logic dictates.

So because of that,  I now have to wonder if this deal really is such a no-brainer victory for Iran like republicans are characterizing it.

I would be interested in seeing how you republicans will reply to that.

2seaoat

The reason that the importance of Iran not having nuclear capabilities is exactly their current dialogue.  The idea of scrapping an agreement which makes it more difficult for them to get the bomb, makes no sense.  The truth is the vast majority of Middle East citizens want Israel as the sovereign in the middle east to simply be gone.  Take the radical cleric out of the equation.....sorry, the average person on the street wants Israel gone.   It will take thirty years of diplomatic advances to moderate this opinion......but if the Middle East magically became all democracies......nothing much would change on this opinion. More war simply hardens these opinions. More economic suffering hardens these opinions. Diplomacy and economic aid instead of more jets, bombs, and bullets can change opinion.

Hillary will never get to decide on Israel about anything

knothead

knothead

gatorfan wrote:

Hillary said yesterday if Iran threatens Israel she will respond militarily. She is more hawkish than progressives would ever admit in public.

Of course there is always the small matter of treaties with allies to consider but I digress.....

Political hyperbole pure and simple gator . . . .

knothead wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

Are you saying that you don't think hillary would be inclined to use military intervention?

You may want to check her record... and that of all progressive leaders for that matter.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

Are you saying that you don't think hillary would be inclined to use military intervention?

You may want to check her record... and that of all progressive leaders for that matter.

I am not crazy enough to predict what Hillary would or would not do, right now she is on the stump and taking a position she believes is popular, political hyperbole . . . . .

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

knothead wrote:

I am not crazy enough to predict what Hillary would or would not do, right now she is on the stump and taking a position she believes is popular, political hyperbole . . . . .

It's popular with PART of the electorate.  And remember,  in the words of Mrs. Rodham Clinton herself,  "it takes a village" (to win the Presidency).  
Meaning she has to be all things to all people in the village,  and in this case saying stuff the Jewish voters and the evangelicals in the village wanna hear.   lol

Sal

Sal

The ayatolla's words are carefully chosen.

He is seeking to assuage the fears of the conservative clerics and hardliners, whose memories of the revolution are still fresh, and who justify their choke hold on power with anti-West rhetoric.

At the age of 76, the chances are great that in 25 years Israel will still be around, but the ayatolla will be a distant memory.

gatorfan

The sad fact is young Iranians (and youngens in many other Mideast country's too) are chomping at the bit for a little piece of the success pie. All they have to do is take their country back to get it and from I've seen in the Mideast as a whole there is extreme reluctance for the general population to take charge of their own lives. And as the U.S. we can't do a thing to change that sad fact nor should we try.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:It will take thirty years of diplomatic advances to moderate this opinion....

True. Eventually, the Israeli citizens are going to finally see how poorly they have been served by hardliners like Benjamin Netanyahu, and they are going to elect more moderate leaders. Then you will see changes that will begin to affect the hardline views held on the Arab side. This first has to start in Jerusalem, however.

2seaoat

And as the U.S. we can't do a thing to change that sad fact nor should we try.

History shows that the colonial Western Nations put these puppet regimes in place, and in the case of Iran, we overthrew a legitimate government to assure our Oligarchy access to the oil. We have been largely responsible for the repression of those young people either directly or indirectly cutting up the former Turkish control over the middle east after WWI. I am ashamed at the slow response to the Syrian refugee crisis.....and I blame President Obama for the same. Yes, Israel is safer with the destruction of Syria from within, but we supported this strategy and we have the blood of these civilians on our collective hands with our lockstep foreign policy with Israel. Germany is taking 800k refugees and the President is debating taking 5k, and it is our conformity to Israel foreign policy until only recently which is responsible for this tragedy.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Obamasucks wrote:Hillary will never get to decide on Israel about anything

I think you need to wait until November 9, 2016 before uttering such statements.

knothead

knothead

gatorfan wrote:The sad fact is young Iranians (and youngens in many other Mideast country's too) are chomping at the bit for a little piece of the success pie. All they have to do is take their country back to get it and from I've seen in the Mideast as a whole there is extreme reluctance for the general population to take charge of their own lives. And as the U.S. we can't do a thing to change that sad fact nor should we try.

I agree with much of your points ALL of which are reasons to enter and approve of the nuclear agreement . . . . . we must look long term but that is not a strong suit for America . . . . we are very short sighted and national foreign policy suffers mightily because of our superiority complex.

2seaoat wrote:And as the U.S. we can't do a thing to change that sad fact nor should we try.

History shows that the colonial Western Nations put these puppet regimes in place, and in the case of Iran, we overthrew a legitimate government to assure our Oligarchy access to the oil. We have been largely responsible for the repression of those young people either directly or indirectly cutting up the former Turkish control over the middle east after WWI. I am ashamed at the slow response to the Syrian refugee crisis.....and I blame President Obama for the same. Yes, Israel is safer with the destruction of Syria from within, but we supported this strategy and we have the blood of these civilians on our collective hands with our lockstep foreign policy with Israel. Germany is taking 800k refugees and the President is debating taking 5k, and it is our conformity to Israel foreign policy until only recently which is responsible for this tragedy.

Take a wild guess who in the ME is backing assad?

2seaoat

Russia and Iran. However, much more telling is the support of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Israel in toppling the nation state. The Turks want to squash the Kurds and stop a trans Iraq/Syria Kurdish state, the Saudis want to destroy Shia influence in Syria which is indirectly attacking Iran, and of course the Israelis who have legitimate security interests to see the nation state which almost won the 1973 war no longer a viable threat to Israel.

2seaoat

If you understand both invasions of Lebanon, you will understand the rhetoric.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum