Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AGAIN, Bill O'Reilly KNOCKS IT OUT OF THE PARK about the DEMOCRAT MASSIVE FAILURE

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
polecat
Markle
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle,  if you haven't learned by now that MSNBC is in bed with democrats and the democrat party,  and FNC is in bed with republicans and the republican party,  what in the name of sense have you ever learned about American media.
Murdoch saw a commercial void and filled it.  Just as Clear Channel did with AM radio and Rush Limbaugh.
MSNBC decided to be the counterpoint to that.   They thought (foolishly) that they could match the FNC audience by doing that.
Media is a business,  Markle.  All it cares about is what any business cares about.  And in the case of media,  it's the size of the audience which determines it's bottom line.  For any commercial media,  that's the only "Commandment" it goes by.

"Fair and Balanced" is only a trademarked commercial slogan,  Markle. And so is "We Report - You Decide". No different than "96% Of Dentists Recommend Crest",  or "Coke Makes The World Go Round" (or some stupid shit like that whatever it is).
That's all.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Markle,  if you haven't learned by now that MSNBC is in bed with democrats and the democrat party,  and FNC is in bed with republicans and the republican party,  what in the name of sense have you ever learned about American media.
Murdoch saw a commercial void and filled it.  Just as Clear Channel did with AM radio and Rush Limbaugh.
MSNBC decided to be the counterpoint to that.   They thought (foolishly) that they could match the FNC audience by doing that.
Media is a business,  Markle.  All it cares about is what any business cares about.  And in the case of media,  it's the size of the audience which determines it's bottom line.  For any commercial media,  that's the only "Commandment" it goes by.

"Fair and Balanced" is only a trademarked commercial slogan,  Markle. And so is "We Report - You Decide".  No different than "96% Of Dentists Recommend Crest",  or "Coke Makes The World Go Round" (or some stupid shit like that whatever it is).
That's all.

Fox is the first news channel to make an honest attempt at presenting both sides of issues. They have a staff of Liberals who are on virtually every opinion show they offer and news segments. None of the other channels have anything close and never have.

Bill O'Reilly is an Independent and gave semi-retired President Obama, in my opinion, the benefit of the doubt far too many times during his first administration. Every night he has on Progressives and yes, he is a tough interviewer. Megan Kelly is as straight down the center as I've seen and she too is a tough interviewer. Sometimes guests on their shows are accustomed to the softballs thrown their way on other channels. Doesn't happen on Fox.

The public knows where to find news, that's why Fox's shows out rate all the other cable news channels combined.

This is what passes for "news" on the other cable news channels.

AGAIN, Bill O'Reilly KNOCKS IT OUT OF THE PARK about the DEMOCRAT MASSIVE FAILURE - Page 2 Hands-up%20CNN%20Rachel%20%20Maddow_zps3uxlapkd

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:Markle,  if you haven't learned by now that MSNBC is in bed with democrats and the democrat party,  and FNC is in bed with republicans and the republican party,  what in the name of sense have you ever learned about American media.

"Fair and Balanced" is only a trademarked commercial slogan,  Markle. And so is "We Report - You Decide".  No different than "96% Of Dentists Recommend Crest",  or "Coke Makes The World Go Round" (or some stupid shit like that whatever it is).
That's all.

Fox is the first news channel to make an honest attempt at presenting both sides of issues.  They have a staff of Liberals who are on virtually every opinion show they offer and news segments.  None of the other channels have anything close and never have.

Bill O'Reilly is an Independent and gave semi-retired President Obama, in my opinion, the benefit of the doubt far too many times during his first administration.  Every night he has on Progressives and yes, he is a tough interviewer.  Megan Kelly is as straight down the center as I've seen and she too is a tough interviewer.  Sometimes guests on their shows are accustomed to the softballs thrown their way on other channels.  Doesn't happen on Fox.

The public knows where to find news, that's why Fox's shows out rate all the other cable news channels combined.

AGAIN, Bill O'Reilly KNOCKS IT OUT OF THE PARK about the DEMOCRAT MASSIVE FAILURE - Page 2 Hands-up%20CNN%20Rachel%20%20Maddow_zps3uxlapkd

That's actually a pretty well thought out response.  After your last response was the laughing gif,  I wasn't expecting this.  I was expecting the picture of the troll telling me "when the argument is lost,  we resort to name calling" reply.
I'm always impressed when anyone does something I don't predict.

And by the way,  you are right about one thing.  Fox News does present more counterpoint than does MSNBC.  In fact,  far more actually. About the same ratio as CNN (which you're wrong about).

But that is of course tempered by the selection of half-assed professional liberal talking heads they provide to counter it who are obviously only there for the paycheck.  They give that away every time when they go to grinning at the end of a segment after they've been made punching bags the whole time.  It's like a standard ending.  The "conservative" host and the "liberal stooge guest" go to grinning at eat each other and the vibe you get is they're both going straight to some chic Manhattan bar around the corner from 30 Rock (the FNC studios) to celebrate their success at putting one over on the wrastlin audience once again.

All except Bill O'Reilly of course.  When Colmes and that ilk are on his show,  he gives the predictable reaction.  Something like this.  I can never get enough of seeing it.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually I need to correct that.
Most of those professional talking heads aren't there just for the paycheck (which is only union scale anyway).
They're there because it's the best stage they can be on to promote shit.
Either their own careers, or something they're pimping like speeches or books and shit.
And of course it applies to the ones representing either side. That perverted little sleazebag Dick Morris being a perfect example. He's on there to peddle a website which is peddling his books and other shtick.

I don't think juan williams fits your box bob. Although alan combs is kinda mealy... he certainly holds his convictions.

I don't often see them or know the players... but I know there are often heated partisan debates.

I liked that bob beckle... is he still there?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:

I liked that bob beckle... is he still there?

Nah. This is what a public disclosure from the Executive VP of programming at Fox News issued after Beckel disappeared from Fox News.

“We tried to work with Bob for months, but we couldn’t hold The Five hostage to one man’s personal issues. He took tremendous advantage of our generosity, empathy and goodwill and we simply came to the end of the road with him.”

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:I don't think juan williams fits your box bob.

Juan Williams became high profile on FNC after NPR dumped him.  They knew promoting him as being dumped by NPR would give him street cred with their audience.  
He'd been playing both sides of the fence.  He moved left for one paycheck and moved right for another.  
But he's definitely one of the grinners I spoke of before.

By the way, he was just on Hannity and it will repeat later if you want to see it.   It was the usual scenario.  The host and two other guests on one side,  and the one "liberal" (Williams) on the other.  
However,  to be fair,  this bunch did manage to present both sides on the cops being the murderers or cops being the victims issue.
And that never happens on MSNBC.  There is virtually no counterpoint on any of their primetime programming.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Although, to also be fair to MSNBC, "Morning Joe" is the politics discussion I prefer over everything else presented on television.

That is the one exception to MSNBC never presenting any counterpoint. And it's so much of an exception that it makes anything on Fox News look all one-sided in comparison.

If you watch it live, you have to sit through all the today show-like feature stuff. But that's limited pretty much to authors and entertainers and other celebrities who I actually enjoy watching in interviews.

But you can record it and then skip through all that to the political discussions.
And you will get BY FAR the widest variety of political/current events opinon on television. And the best interviews of the same variety of political newsmakers. Everything from the far-left to the far-right. That is one show that is literally "We Report, You Decide".

Although with the caveat that the host is extremely opinionated and loud and his sidekick is an infobabe who my right-wing cousin despises worse than any other personality on cable news with only the exception of the same Bob Beckel you referred to. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll tell you something else I like about MSNBC. My two favorite television journalists are on it.
Those would be Willie Geist and Richard Engel. They're both just really good journalists. Both have entirely different roles but both should be role models for the whole fucking tv news media.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

That's all.

Fox is the first news channel to make an honest attempt at presenting both sides of issues.  They have a staff of Liberals who are on virtually every opinion show they offer and news segments.  None of the other channels have anything close and never have.

Bill O'Reilly is an Independent and gave semi-retired President Obama, in my opinion, the benefit of the doubt far too many times during his first administration.  Every night he has on Progressives and yes, he is a tough interviewer.  Megan Kelly is as straight down the center as I've seen and she too is a tough interviewer.  Sometimes guests on their shows are accustomed to the softballs thrown their way on other channels.  Doesn't happen on Fox.

That's actually a pretty well thought out response.
 After your last response was the laughing gif,  I wasn't expecting this.  I was expecting the picture of the troll telling me "when the argument is lost,  we resort to name calling" reply.
I'm always impressed when anyone does something I don't predict.

And by the way,  you are right about one thing.  Fox News does present more counterpoint than does MSNBC.  In fact,  far more actually.  About the same ratio as CNN (which you're wrong about).

But that is of course tempered by the selection of half-assed professional liberal talking heads they provide to counter it who are obviously only there for the paycheck.  They give that away every time when they go to grinning at the end of a segment after they've been made punching bags the whole time.  It's like a standard ending.  The "conservative" host and the "liberal stooge guest" go to grinning at eat each other and the vibe you get is they're both going straight to some chic Manhattan bar around the corner from 30 Rock (the FNC studios) to celebrate their success at putting one over on the wrastlin audience once again.

All except Bill O'Reilly of course.  When Colmes and that ilk are on his show,  he gives the predictable reaction.  Something like this.  I can never get enough of seeing it.  lol

[youtube]Qy-Y3HJNU_s[/youtub]

Yeah, CNN is certainly proud to show opposing views. Above they are proud to support, in unison, an absolute, proven LIE. A LIE promoting the death of police officers.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Yeah, CNN is certainly proud to show opposing views.  Above they are proud to support, in unison, an absolute, proven LIE.  A LIE promoting the death of police officers.  

In primetime, Anderson Cooper 360 provides more opposing views than anything you'll see on primetime MSNBC or Fox News either one.

I know that because that's what I look for, markle. Opposing views.
I'm not looking for only what I want to be told like you are.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

[color=#ff0000][size=24]/quote]

I dunno what the hell that is. Is that some kind of CNN ripoff of The View?

I don't watch trash like that anymore than I watch Fox n Friends. Which by the way, in my opinion is THE absolute worst example of television in all the history of television. And not just news.
Well at least anything that was shown to a national audience. Some of that stuff on Blab-TV might give it a run for the money. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

AGAIN, Bill O'Reilly KNOCKS IT OUT OF THE PARK about the DEMOCRAT MASSIVE FAILURE - Page 2 Everyt10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum