Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GOP Establishment Plotting Against Trump/How Best to Shoot GOP in Foot

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Seriously?

This is their plan?

Do you think this move would make it more or less likely that Trump would run as a third party candidate?

Smooth move guys.

Amid mounting concerns about Donald Trump’s candidacy from the GOP establishment, Republican leaders in at least two states have found a way to make life a lot harder for him.

The Virginia and North Carolina parties are in discussions about implementing a new requirement for candidates to qualify for their primary ballots: that they pledge to support the Republican presidential nominee — and not run as a third-party candidate — in the general election.

The procedural moves are clearly aimed at Trump, who pointedly refused to rule out a third-party run during the first GOP debate.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/state-gop-leaders-plot-to-tie-donald-trumps-hands-121696.html#ixzz3jrTtjp67

nadalfan

Salinsky wrote:Seriously?

This is their plan?

Do you think this move would make it more or less likely that Trump would run as a third party candidate?

Smooth move guys.

Amid mounting concerns about Donald Trump’s candidacy from the GOP establishment, Republican leaders in at least two states have found a way to make life a lot harder for him.

The Virginia and North Carolina parties are in discussions about implementing a new requirement for candidates to qualify for their primary ballots: that they pledge to support the Republican presidential nominee — and not run as a third-party candidate — in the general election.

The procedural moves are clearly aimed at Trump, who pointedly refused to rule out a third-party run during the first GOP debate.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/state-gop-leaders-plot-to-tie-donald-trumps-hands-121696.html#ixzz3jrTtjp67

Unless something happens to make Trump lose his lead, which at this - it doesn't matter what he says or does moment - seems unlikely, I bet they discard that idea for fear of pushing more voters his way.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

I doubt Trump would run as an independent.  He'll just gather a bunch of delegates and hope to play king-maker at the convention.

It's called "strategory" Laughing

nadalfan

He could pledge that he won't and then do it anyway and his supporters will love him more for it.
I can see that happening, and to be honest would like to see that happen.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

nadalfan wrote:He could pledge that he won't and then do it anyway and his supporters will love him more for it.
I can see that happening, and to be honest would like to see that happen.

Why run an expensive guaranteed-to-lose independent campaign that will result in throwing the election to a Democrat .... when you could take your delegates to the convention & be the Republican king-maker?

Like I said .... "strategory" Wink

Lol at people thinking the polls mean much at this early stage.

2seaoat

Lol at people thinking the polls mean much at this early stage.

Tell that to Governor Perry....his fund raising dried up....the polls are all that matter because if you do not have the numbers....you do not get on the stage.....is your analysis of everything this consistently flawed?

2seaoat wrote:Lol at people thinking the polls mean much at this early stage.

Tell that to Governor Perry....his fund raising dried up....the polls are all that matter because if you do not have the numbers....you do not get on the stage.....is your analysis of everything this consistently flawed?

Guess who was leading the republican polls at this stage four years ago?

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Perry's a rube ... always has been.   Never had an original idea in his life. He's just really not that smart.

Trump, otoh, flamboyant, brash, & controversial as he may be, is no dummy.  You can be sure he's thinking many steps ahead in this campaign game.   You think his recent visit to Mobile was an accident? .... I can assure you it was calculated.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

EmeraldGhost wrote:Perry's a rube ... always has been.   Never had an original idea in his life.  He's just really not that smart.

Trump, otoh, flamboyant, brash, & controversial as he may be, is no dummy.  You can be sure he's thinking many steps ahead in this campaign game.   You think his recent visit to Mobile was an accident? .... I can assure you it was calculated.

And that constitutes a sad commentary on Trump the man and the GOP voters who support him.

2seaoat

Guess who was leading the republican polls at this stage four years ago?

You still do not get it.....the polls mean something in 2016 and did not get you on the stage in 2012. I know this is difficult for you, but the polls mean everything this year, and going back and talking about polls not mattering is consistent with your usual analysis. Kasich may not make the debate stage this time around and you are saying polls do not matter. I need to tutor you young man.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum