Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I borrow your gun? I need to shoot myself in the foot, after I take it outta my big ol' wingnut mouth...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Oy veh. Yet another hillbilly lawmaker defends tax breaks for corporate jet owners. Has he been smoking that Bluegrass...?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/28/republican-senator-defends-tax-breaks-for-corporate-jet-owners/

Shameless and arrogant....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Makes me think of Kurt Vonnegut and BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS.

β€œIt didn't matter much what Dwayne said. It hadn't mattered much for years. It didn't matter much what most people in Midland City said out loud, except when they were talking about money or structures or travel or machinery - or other measurable things. Every person had a clearly defined part to play - as a black person, a female high school drop-out, a Pontiac dealer, a gynecologist, a gas-conversion burner installer. If a person stopped living up to expectations, because of bad chemicals or one thing or another, everybody went on imagining that the person was living up to expectations anyway.

That was the main reason the people in Midland City were so slow to detect insanity in their associates. Their imaginations insisted that nobody changed much from day to day. Their imaginations were flywheels on the ramshackle machinery of awful truth.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions

2seaoat

I must agree in part......we need to look at comprehensive review of the tax code and depreciation. The deal with corporate jets is that the depreciation is peanuts to the subsidy to all these small airports which virtually become the domain of a few very rich folks with little or no commercial traffic going in and out of those locations. No, he is right we need comprehensive review of the tax code, and the ironic part is the real cost to the taxpayers is paying for the damn upkeep and air traffic control on some of these small airports which cater to the folks who cannot endure the horror of purchasing a commercial airline ticket and waiting in a line.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum