Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thank You, Mrs. Obama ...

+7
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
othershoe1030
gatorfan
EmeraldGhost
nadalfan
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Thank You, Mrs. Obama ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank You, Mrs. Obama ... 8/19/2015, 9:43 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I remember my freshman year of HS, my lunch money was spent at the student store for a bag of popcorn, an Hostess apple pie, a Baby Ruth, and a coke. My Sophomore year, I started out the same way for a month or two, then decided this was not healthy food, so I migrated to the a la carte line, where you could purchase a sandwich (usually alternating between tuna, a hamburger, or a hotdog on a bun), some chips, a juice drink, and a chocolate chip or oatmeal cookie. I ate that way for the rest of high school.

My health would have suffered if all I was offered for lunch was a few slices of lunchmeat, a slice of cheese, a small handful of crackers and two small heads of raw cauliflower (with a little low-fat ranch to use for dipping). I needed more calories as a growing teen.

Exactly Z-man. Many of these kids depend on school lunches only for their nutritional needs. Kids burn more calories because of their metabolism rate. The amount of food served, had to be decreased to maintain the calorie count on the ridiculous plan. The Obama girls go to a private school, I guarantee they eat better school lunches.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum