Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Green Participation Ribbon Mentality

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13447657/james-harrison-pittsburgh-steelers-takes-away-kids-participation-trophies-says-awards-earned

It's for the mentally weak.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah like the Obama library .....

2seaoat

I have no problem with it up to second grade.  After second grade kids need to know that there are winners and losers.  I saw coaches at the high school level which were trying to let everybody play like it was kindergarten soccer and the teams were losing......not fair to the talented kids who could succeed.  Very frustrating to see this mentality creeping up in age.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I have no problem with it up to second grade.  After second grade kids need to know that there are winners and losers.  I saw coaches at the high school level which were trying to let everybody play like it was kindergarten soccer and the teams were losing......not fair to the talented kids who could succeed.  Very frustrating to see this mentality creeping up in age.

Life is competitive. ....sports prepares kids. It encourages kids to do their best. It takes practice, focus, and the desire to be the best you can be. Showing up doesn't count unless you are little.

There's been a mamby pamby pc push for this for a long time. It does a kid no favors to falsely pad their self esteem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum