Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How did Trump know Megyn Kelly was on the rag?

+5
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
TEOTWAWKI
Vikingwoman
Wordslinger
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

I see now.  It all has been clear.   I have been hypnotized by Bob from atop the fence.  He has me following the crowd.  Conforming because I fear being seen as a non conformist on this forum........Bob do you see how self defining and right you make me with your arguments which you write unable to see that some of us are little concerned on making others happy, but are principled and actually understand what it takes to govern and could care less about what others have discovered.  I have never for a second hesitated to speak out against any person on this forum or the PNJ because I might offend them or render their disdain.  You are so busy trying to find safety that you fail to understand that some of us knew about the governor of Ohio in the nineties when he actually was balancing the federal budget.....but its good to know you discovered a very competent man, now we will have to see you find the fence.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You don't "know" the Governor of Ohio anymore than I do, seaoat. Just as you and I don't know any of these political celebrites.

All you and I both can do is to try to know something about them.
And the reason I've known "about" Kasich for so long is because I've always been such a hopeless addict of media, and that includes what is known as "news" media.
Back in those days of tv "news", when there was only CNN and the broadcast networks, and Kasich was prominent on the House Budget Committee, he was a regular fixture on CNN and the Sunday morning programs.
He was chosen by media for that role because he was an articulate spokesperson for a particular point of view.
I was always very impressed with his arguments and his demeanor. He came across then as he does now, as someone who did not want to play that "us vs them" game the Sals and Markles like to play.

In fact it's really quite odd to see you always put so much emphasis on everything being so "black" or so "white and so "right" or so "wrong" and so on one side of a fence or the other side of a fence; because if you've been listening to any of Kasich's media appearances since he announced his candidacy, including his debate performance, that is exactly the opposite position he's always taking.
Unlike you, he does his best to de-emphasize all that crap. Like me, he understands that the mindless division in this country's politics is a big part of the problem, not a solution.
He's said that it's not a matter of everybody on one side being a genius and everybody on the other side being an idiot, like you and Sal and Markle believe. He wants us all to be united so together we can find some solutions to what is ailing us.

Frankly, I have no clue why someone with your "get off the fence" mindset would even give him the time of day.
But since I don't have any clue about half the ideas you express, it's really no surprise.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's very doubtful that the media mouthpiece of the Republican Party,  Fox News Channel,  will ever embrace the candidacy of John Kasich anymore than it did Trump.
Because his ideas do not conform to the political narrative Fox News presents.
Murdoch needs FNC to be on one side of the us/republicans/conservatives vs the them/democrats/liberals war,   because that's what brings him an audience and makes him lots of money.  Just as Vince McMahon needs his wrastlin show to be that so it will make him lots of money.
He knows that divisiveness and conflict is what sells.  Not unity.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob are you sure you are not an Ashkenazi Jew...they have some of the highest IQs on earth...I love watching you logic these buffoons into silence . Keep up the good work...like watching a cat toy with a mouse while balancing on a fence....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well thanks for that, teo. But if you keep blowing smoke up my ass like that, how am I going to keep debating you about 9/11 and the moon landing.
Like Trump, I find it difficult to challenge anyone who says nice things about me. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

At this point I would like to share something about teo and me.

When we had lunch together last week, it was after the guy killed the lion and teo posted to ask the question about how we could get so upset over the death of a lion when we don't get upset over the death of a human baby in the womb.

When I got to David's Catfish House to meet up with teo, I told him I had been thinking about that. Mainly because at that time, no poster had really responded to his question in any thoughtful way, and I definitely had not come up with a way to "logic this question into silence".

So I told him I wanted to get my thoughts together and asked him to do the same so we could debate this point with each other on the forum. He thought that was a good idea.

So now five days have gone by. And try as I might, I've still not been able to come up with the right "logic" to enable me to attempt that. Especially since I've been arguing that if it was my wife's or my daughter's fetus, I want the murderer to be tortured and hung.

So as of now, teo is winning this debate by default (on my part). lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Additionally, since teo said such a kind thing about me, I'll tell you something I really respect about teo.

Teo strongly believes 9/11 was an "inside job".

I believe just as strongly that it was not.

Teo is a very strong believer in the God of the Holy Bible.

And what I believe about all religion, including the God of the Holy Bible, makes Bill Maher look like a fence-sitter and a sunday school teacher.
On that one, I'm as far off seaoat's "fence" as anyone can get. lol

But even still, teo and I remain friends. And when we meet in person we like each other's company and we like sharing ideas with each other.

In other words, what you've always been told that we should "never discuss religion and politics" because it only serves to make people hate each other, may be true at the family Thanksgiving table, but it's not true when it's our table at David's Catfish House.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Here's a shot across your bow Bob.....BOOM !

New evidence, however, has persuaded him that fetuses can feel pain by 20 weeks gestation (that is, halfway through a full-term pregnancy) and possibly earlier.

.... he concludes, it’s “better to err on the safe side” and assume that the fetus can feel pain starting around 20 to 24 weeks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/10/magazine/10Fetal-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Human's feel pain.....sooooo?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Here's a shot across your bow Bob.....BOOM !

New evidence, however, has persuaded him that fetuses can feel pain by 20 weeks gestation (that is, halfway through a full-term pregnancy) and possibly earlier.

.... he concludes, it’s “better to err on the safe side” and assume that the fetus can feel pain starting around 20 to 24 weeks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/10/magazine/10Fetal-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Human's feel pain.....sooooo?

I have respect for his perspective on abortion,  teo.

And I also have respect for that other position which says it's really not my place to sit in judgement on whatever perspective the pregnant girl or woman herself might have on this if it turns out to be different from his.

I've been thinking about and discussing this topic ever since Pensacola Speaks,  teo, and that was back in the 70's.  And seaoat has this one right about me.  I'm still on the fence on it.  

And contrary to what seaoat keeps telling me,  I'm really not so sure that being on the fence on this has to be such a bad thing.  
I'm just not convinced that since I can listen to and appreciate more than one opinion on something as difficult to wrap one's mind around as this issue is,    that it's necessarily something I should be ashamed of.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

being able to hold two differing opinions is the sign of intelligence....some philosophers taught that one should be able to defend both sides of an argument showing they understand it fully.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:being able to hold two differing opinions is the sign of intelligence....some philosophers taught that one should be able to defend both sides of an argument showing they understand it fully.

Doesn't take philosophers to know you need to know both sides of an issue to be effective in a debate.

If you want to hone your skills, join a local Toastmaster's club. You'll be pushed out of your comfort zone but it will be by friendly, understanding people.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum