Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Debate predictions.

+8
boards of FL
polecat
EmeraldGhost
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
Sal
dumpcare
Hospital Bob
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/6/2015, 6:26 pm

2seaoat

Kid's table was definitely where these folks belonged.  What a disappointment.  I only have one guy in the next debate, and they took a cheap shot at him at the kiddie table when then named him specifically rather than generally talking about expansion of medicaid coverage under the Affordable Care Act.

27Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/6/2015, 9:43 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

boards of FL wrote:(holds envelope to forehead)

"Doobies and gobstoppers"

(opens envelope)

"Things that Bob will consume tonight before passing out during the GOP debate"

(play video after reading punchline)

Now that sounds like a plan! (or maybe not? ... could just be a waste of a good bowl)

28Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/6/2015, 9:59 pm

2seaoat

Much better than the Kid's table......Paul and Cruz need to go......Trump kicked asz when he said he may not support a Republican nominee.  Huckabee is going to do well in Iowa as he did last time, but cannot win in most states.  The Doc is lost.  Bush is showing well as is Rubio.....but the bookends are kicking asz....just completely at a different level.

29Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/6/2015, 10:11 pm

2seaoat

Huckabee just got his asz handed to him by Christie.....Finally somebody took a position which is not popular but correct.....again the bookends are kicking asz.

30Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/6/2015, 10:16 pm

Sal

Sal

Christie is burnt toast.

It'll be interesting to see if Kasich can get any traction.

He's one of the the few who is talking policy.

31Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/6/2015, 10:23 pm

Markle

Markle

polecat wrote:Listed below are rules for the GOP debate drinking game. Please do not drink yourself or anyone else to death. The game can be played without Jagermeister, but it's not recommended.

Drink THE FIRST TIME:

1. Donald Trump mentions his wealth, or how smart he is.

2. A candidate mentions Benghazi

3. A candidate says, "This president..."

4. A candidate whines about not getting called on enough.

5. Someone promises to "take America back."

6. Trump interrupts someone by saying, "Excuse me, let me answer that…"

7. Anyone mentions Hitler, Nazis or Neville Chamberlain. Includes related imagery, e.g. "ovens."

8. The crowd cheers a racist/bigoted statement by a candidate.

9. A candidate mentions his poor/hardscrabble upbringing, or a parent who "worked every day of his life."

10. A candidate talks about "stopping Hillary Clinton."

11. Anyone warns the U.S. is becoming Greece.

12. Trump refers to himself in the third person.

13. Anyone invokes St. Ronald Reagan.

Drink EVERY time a candidate:

14. Claims a positive relationship with a minority. Also known as the, "Some of my best friends are…" rule.

15. Tries to speak Spanish

16. Tries to warm up to the Ohio crowd with an awkward LeBron shout-out.

Drink EVERY TIME you hear the word(s):

17. "I'm not a scientist."

18. "You can keep your doctor."

19. "ACORN."

20. "The war on Christians."

21. "Thug."

22. "Right here in Ohio."

23. "Culture of dependency."

TAKE A SHOT OF JAGER AT ANY MENTION OF:

24. "Kenya."

25. "All Lives Matter."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-official-gop-debate-drinking-game-rules-20150805#ixzz3i3TyzBJ4
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

This is what Rolling Stone has been reduced to after their fiasco, drinking games.

32Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/6/2015, 10:26 pm

2seaoat

He's one of the the few who is talking policy.

He was critical in balancing the budget and the surplus in the nineties.  He is the real deal.  Chris is too smart for most of these candidates. 

33Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/6/2015, 11:42 pm

2seaoat

The focus group by Fox was full of plants which did a hatchet job on Trump trying to take Trump down.   The non clowns cannot beat the manipulation of those in control of the republican party.

34Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/6/2015, 11:56 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:The focus group by Fox was full of plants which did a hatchet job on Trump trying to take Trump down.   The non clowns cannot beat the manipulation of those in control of the republican party.

AMEN AMEN
AMEN AMEN
AMEN AMEN
AMEN AMEN

HOW IN THE NAME OF FUCK DID WE LET THAT LOUSY AUSSIE HAVE SO MUCH POWER IN OUR COUNTRY.  THAT'S THE GODDAMN IMMIGRANT THAT I WANT TO SEE DEPORTED.

I'M COUNTING UP THOSE FRANK LUNTZ PLANTED STOOGES AND I'M PUTTING A DIFFERENT TRUMP SIGN IN MY FRONT YARD FOR EVERY STINKING ONE OF THEM.

35Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 12:07 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What you saw is that ridiculous little prick Frank Luntz knowing where his VERY BIG paycheck comes from. It comes from that piece of shit Murdoch who hates Trump. Now we see what Fox News is. It's nothing but a bunch of paid whores for the republican establishment.

36Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 12:27 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2 more obervations.

One, Kasich met all my expectations

Two, the best move any republican candidate who wins the nomination could make, is to make Carson the running mate.

37Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 12:40 am

2seaoat

It will be some combination of Kasich and Bush.  They would win the state of Ohio and Florida, and would do markedly better than Romney with Hispanics and women.  The democratic party better hope that Fox gets a crazy nominated because Kasich is the real deal.  He is the Republican I grew up with and who as a young Republican went door to door for his common sense.

Walker is done.  Carson is a nice man, but he has lived in a bubble.  Fox wants Rubio and the preacher from Arkansas, and the BS focus group made it clear.....Paul got slaughtered tonight.....he will not recover.   Cruz just will not overcome Rubio or Huckabee in Iowa.  Five months to Iowa.........and the clown car has some serious candidates and what appears to be a much better group of candidates than last time.  I think my thoughts of Romney jumping in after south  carolina are naive in light of the trump candidacy.  Kasich and Bush can win.

38Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 1:01 am

Vikingwoman

I kinda liked Kasich and I don't like republicans. Trump is done for. He attacked Megan Kelley for not being nice to him and asking that question about his rude remarks. Notice most of them wanted to get rid of Obamacare but not a single question was asked of them of how they would replace it. Rand Paul is crazy. Cruz is a moron. Huckabee lied when he said money was taken from SS to fund Obamacare. Christie forget it. Rubio forget it Carson was alright. Jeb is the nominee.

Last edited by Vikingwoman on 8/7/2015, 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total

39Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 7:13 am

dumpcare

The only one I'd vote for on that stage at this point would be Kasich. If it was a Kasich/Bush ticket fine, but Kasich for President. I will not vote for Bush if nominated for President.

Agree Paul is dead from this point forward.

40Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 8:18 am

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The focus group by Fox was full of plants which did a hatchet job on Trump trying to take Trump down.   The non clowns cannot beat the manipulation of those in control of the republican party.

AMEN  AMEN
AMEN  AMEN
AMEN  AMEN
AMEN  AMEN

HOW IN THE NAME OF FUCK DID WE LET THAT LOUSY AUSSIE HAVE SO MUCH POWER IN OUR COUNTRY.  THAT'S THE GODDAMN IMMIGRANT THAT I WANT TO SEE DEPORTED.

I'M COUNTING UP THOSE FRANK LUNTZ PLANTED STOOGES AND I'M PUTTING A DIFFERENT TRUMP SIGN IN MY FRONT YARD FOR EVERY STINKING ONE OF THEM.

You would've done better to pass out like you predicted.

Your headache is gonna be YOOOOOGE this morning.

41Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 8:19 am

Sal

Sal

ppaca wrote:The only one I'd vote for on that stage at this point would be Kasich. If it was a Kasich/Bush ticket fine, but Kasich for President. I will not vote for Bush if nominated for President.

Agree Paul is dead from this point forward.

Kasich will have to take Trump's dick out of his mouth before he can get on the Bush ticket.

42Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 8:47 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:

AMEN  AMEN
AMEN  AMEN
AMEN  AMEN
AMEN  AMEN

Debate predictions.   - Page 2 07-9-29-EdMcMahon1

"Should have stuck to the doobies, sir." - Ed McMahon

43Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 9:29 am

Vikingwoman

Bob wrote:Do you think Trump will gain support because of his debate performance?  Or do you think his performance in the debate will hurt him?
Do you think one of the other candidates will out wrastle Trump in the debate?  And if so,  which one,  and why?

And remember,  the one thing that distinguishes this debate from Wrastlemania,  is in "real" wrastlin the winner is always pre-determined.
But that's not the case with political wrastlin.  At least we hope not.  lol

Trump is entertainment period. Anyone who takes seriously or votes for him is an idiot.

44Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 10:41 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm convinced of one thing. A Kasich/Carson ticket could probably defeat Hillary or Biden.

45Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 11:23 am

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:I'm convinced of one thing.  A Kasich/Carson ticket could probably defeat Hillary or Biden.  

Kasich is a cookie cutter Republican.

He stayed out of crazytown because he's fishing for the second spot on a ticket, and that's also why he spent a sizable percentage of his time polishing Trump's knob.

Carson is a likeable enough guy, but he's not ready for prime time.

The first question to him was basically, "Mr. Carson, why are you so uninformed?".

He answered another question with some reference to Saul Alinsky.

That's right in the middle of crazytown.

He must be getting prepped by Glenn Beck.

But, shouldn't you be putting Trump signs all over your lawn anyhow?

46Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 12:04 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:I'm convinced of one thing.  A Kasich/Carson ticket could probably defeat Hillary or Biden.  

Better go out any buy some new marbles, Bob. Yours are lost.

47Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 12:59 pm

Sal

Sal

I'm not sure how, but this picture seems to completely sum up the current state of American political discourse.

Genius .....

Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Screen22

48Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 2:24 pm

nadalfan

Salinsky wrote:I'm not sure how, but this picture seems to completely sum up the current state of American political discourse.

Genius .....

Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Screen22

Perfect! hahaha (or should I cry?)

49Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 3:13 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I missed the debate last night, but finally watched the whole transcript on YouTube.

My impressions as follows:

Donald Trump is a joke.

Marco Rubio is a total empty suit. Perhaps that is why he opted to leave the Senate and try a new gig by running for president. He has zero substance.

Rand Paul--unimpressive.

Mike Huckabee--an also ran who isn't going to make any more headway than he did previously.

Ted Cruz is a joke like Donald Trump (how can Republicans elect clowns like this?).

Scott Walker's comb-over is really bad looking. His message isn't any better.

Jeb Bush--As you hear more from him, the neocon inside of him will loudly display itself. He is smarter than his older brother, but guided by the same douchebags who shaped Dubya.

Christie--A man with a level head but a lot of baggage (the Bridge Too Far).

Kasich--The only moderate in the room.

There were too many voices and not enough time to hear much from anyone, but there were a few flare-ups here and there. What did I hear? Classic Republican sound-bites.

(1) Our military (which happens to be the most powerful and biggest and most expensive one in the whole world) isn't big enough.

(2) Bush "I would not have gone into Iraq, but we must now destroy ISIS": A harbinger of further foreign military involvements if we elect a Republican.

(3) We must cut taxes.

All three of those add up to one thing: The deficit will soar if we elect a Republican in 2016. There is no way the debt will be addressed when those three items are top priorities.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

50Debate predictions.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate predictions. 8/7/2015, 3:20 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The fratricide of the primaries will slice and dice that group into little pieces, as they whittle themselves down to the final candidate.

2016 is a wash for the Republican Party.

2024 is when Republicans might have a chance at the Oval Office again. This gives them about 9 years to reform themselves back into a semblance of relevancy. The nation will also be under a different dynamic then, and will likely be ready for change.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum