Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Americans Not In The Labor Force Soar By 640,000 To Record 93.6 Million

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-02/americans-not-labor-force-soar-640000-record-936-million-participation-rate-drops-19

The devastation of the US labor force continues.

In what was an "unambiguously" unpleasant June jobs payrolls report, with both April and May jobs revised lower, the fact that the number of Americans not in the labor force soared once again, this time by a whopping 640,000 or the most since April 2014 to a record 93.6 million, with the result being a participation rate of 62.6 or where itt was in September 1977, will merely catalyze even more upside to the so called "market" which continues to reflect nothing but central bank liquidity, and thus - the accelerating deterioration of the broader economy.

Americans Not In The Labor Force Soar By 640,000 To Record 93.6 Million Labor%20Force_1_0

boards of FL

boards of FL

OK, TEO.  You obviously cling to this economic data point.  This is your chance to make your case and explain to all of us exactly why it is that you feel the Labor Force Participation rate is the end-all economic data point. You seem to be under the impression that posting the same chart again and again is a valid, substantive entry into any discussion, no matter the topic.  This is your chance to lay out why you feel that is the case.

I'll just go ahead and get this out of the way now to save you the time.  The labor force participation rate:

Americans Not In The Labor Force Soar By 640,000 To Record 93.6 Million 20ARCpB

So there it is. This is the holy-grail of all economic data points in TEO-land.   Notice the long rising trend that lasts between the years 1963 and 2000.  Many would attribute that to cultural changes that took hold in the US during that time.  We evolved from a society in which women had a very specific roll - a homemaker - to a society in which women are empowered to gain education and work.  This is just one factor perhaps among many.  That said, TEO likely discounts conventional wisdom and instead has his own theories to explain that increase, and I suspect they're all political.

Also notice the peak in the year 2000 and the subsequent decline.  Some would say the peak was the end of the "dot com" era in which we saw massive gains in productivity in large part due to widespread adoption of computers and the internet in business.  What followed was a steady trend of automation combined with a massive aging cohort (baby boomers) that were reaching retirement age and that began to exit the workforce.  But here again, I'm sure TEO has his own theories and I'm sure they're all based in politics.

So, with that said, the floor is yours, TEO.  Let's hear it.  Tell us all why the labor force participation rate is the end-all economic data point that trumps everything from jobless claims, to GDP, to retail sales, to consumer confidence, to the employment situation.  Enlighten us as to why we see the movements that we do in this data point, which clearly are long long running trends.  

Please proceed, Forrest....

Americans Not In The Labor Force Soar By 640,000 To Record 93.6 Million Fb107b02ec370aad45780b409be6fd41.500x225x12

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Better Prep.....maybe learn a trade that is useful in a barter economy....don't say I didn't try to help you.

Americans more dependent than ever on Independence Day
Total cost of food-stamp program doubles under Obama

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/07/americans-more-dependent-than-ever-on-independence-day/#VySC0ZfBEevOLpWZ.99

boards of FL

boards of FL

Americans Not In The Labor Force Soar By 640,000 To Record 93.6 Million Tumblr_nqcvrj2Fxy1uyme67o1_500

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote: Americans Not In The Labor Force Soar By 640,000 To Record 93.6 Million Tumblr_nqcvrj2Fxy1uyme67o1_500

Excellent idea..get in shape lay off the booze so you can outrun thugs, thieves  and hungry packs of wild dogs.....

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote: Americans Not In The Labor Force Soar By 640,000 To Record 93.6 Million Tumblr_nqcvrj2Fxy1uyme67o1_500

Excellent idea..get in shape lay off the booze so you can outrun thugs, thieves  and hungry packs of wild dogs.....

So just to confirm, you don't really have anything to say in response to my post, correct? Like Markle, you need something to validate your worldview because reality isn't validating it for you, so the LPR is where you go for refuge. When someone points out the fallacy in that, all you can really do is pretend that you can't see what they're saying and instead just talk past them and essentially run away.

Last chance, have you anything to say in response to my post, or are we done here?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Here I will make it simple.......

Americans Not In The Labor Force Soar By 640,000 To Record 93.6 Million ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ininternet.org%2Fhtml%2Ffoto_strane%2Ffoto_strane0000

2seaoat

T is now retired....he no longer participates in the labor market, so please be patient with us old timers....he probably forgot where he put the keys this morning, and thought he would try that new geritol, but ended up drinking Mr. Markle's kool aid.....the koch brothers would be proud.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

So just to confirm, you don't really have anything to say in response to my post, correct?  Like Markle, you need something to validate your worldview because reality isn't validating it for you, so the LPR is where you go for refuge.  When someone points out the fallacy in that, all you can really do is pretend that you can't see what they're saying and instead just talk past them and essentially run away.

Last chance, have you anything to say in response to my post, or are we done here?

No one can change your fantasy view that the Labor Participation Rate is irrelevant, immaterial and unimportant.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

So just to confirm, you don't really have anything to say in response to my post, correct?  Like Markle, you need something to validate your worldview because reality isn't validating it for you, so the LPR is where you go for refuge.  When someone points out the fallacy in that, all you can really do is pretend that you can't see what they're saying and instead just talk past them and essentially run away.

No one can change your fantasy view that the Labor Participation Rate is irrelevant, immaterial and unimportant.

Here again, why is it that you're incapable of discussing this data point? Help me understand how someone can post again and again about the same subject but at the same time not understand it in any way or be able to speak at length about it in any way?

Don't you ever at least consider this to yourself? Don't you ever think to yourself "Hmm. Why can't I discuss this? Why do I post this all the time? Why is it important?"

2seaoat

Professor Dufus.......I am confused on your theories of inflation, but I am particularly confused that record high productivity in American Industry which is world class as automation and computer generated efficiency is allowing record profits for America......and you are now saying that productivity is  bad.....efficiency is bad.....and that productivity, and retiring babyboomer are a reason to believe that our economy is bad.......that logically is equivalent to somebody saying that a batter only had 200 plate appearances and is batting .340, but it would be better if he had 250 plate appearances and batted .240........this is just flat out fun......I would have to go to the zoo and watch a monkey draw what they thought was a monet to have half the fun.

Go back to school Mr. Markle.....professional speaker.......words do have meanings.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum