Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Im going through something and I need to share and talk about it please

+3
SheSurfs
TEOTWAWKI
Nekochan
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Rogue wrote:
Nekochan wrote:My first thought is that I would try to get him an appointment at a VA clinic. Do you have one nearby where you live? The people there should be able to help him with whatever paperwork/insurance is involved.
I hope he's OK.

I dont think we have one down here. I have made him a regular doc apt though. this is a good idea, I find find the closet one and take him there.

thank you

I've been offline for a couple of days.....I just saw this.

Chrissy, there should be a VA clinic somewhere close to you. I haven't checked Neko's list yet. I agree, though - that will be the way for your son to go.

My husband reconnected with the VA clinic in P'cola about a year ago. The care they provide is fantastic.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Rogue wrote:Good ideas all. I will do them hes only 21....

I worry becuase I know that calcifications can turn into tumors, they do in breast many times.

he just told ne he has a area that is numb in his upper torso.

im very worried, just pray for him,

I am taking him to a out pt vA clinic they have in ft myers tomorow, and I alsready told him to fill out the form for extende services tomorrow, he will,

again, thanks for all your helps

I knew I could count on yall

thank you thank thank you from the bottom of my heart

now carry on and have some fun Smile

As usual, I should have read the entire thread before responding. I'm so glad you found a VA clinic in Fort Myers. If the care there is anything like it is here in Pensacola, your son will be in good hands.

Our thoughts will be with both of you. Keep us up-dated.

President Obama-(you know the one you talk bad about all the time) has allotted money for Vets to get employed/training after they return. You son can contact any Fl Jobs Service to apply.

Sorry to hear about your son. When you take him to the clinic look around and see if there is a national DAV officer there or at least a state. If they don't be sure to take him up to Tampa or St Pete to see one.

Dreamsglore wrote:President Obama-(you know the one you talk bad about all the time) has allotted money for Vets to get employed/training after they return. You son can contact any Fl Jobs Service to apply.

he is going to the VA here. and joining up with the VFW

as you may not know, my son is taking a trip around the country before he goes to college. so I doubt he will be working during that time. he needs a break.

on edit: hes fihting me on the VA thing, they want all his finacials, hes afraid they will take his money. he really does not trust them.

Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:President Obama-(you know the one you talk bad about all the time) has allotted money for Vets to get employed/training after they return. You son can contact any Fl Jobs Service to apply.

as you may not know, my son is taking a trip around the country before he goes to college. so I doubt he will be working during that time. he needs a break.

The DAV will fight for his disability rating I believe more so than the VFW

reaper1948 wrote:
Rogue wrote:

The DAV will fight for his disability rating I believe more so than the VFW

Whats a DAV? and I dont think he wants a disability, I know he doesnt. But this nodule is most certainly from being exposed to either those burn pits or all the sand storms he inhaled.

He giving me grief about filling out the VA paperwork. he dont want them to know all his bussiness, he has a VERY DEEP SEEDED distrust of the military.

I will see what I can do though. I thank you for you taking the time to help us.

I know I'm kind of late on this thread but just some thoughts I didn't see when I skimmed the thread.

Get his complete medical record from the military, if he went to the doctor (a military doctor) with this problem or with symptoms of this problem it will be in his military medical record and you will need it to show the history. This is IMPORTANT for the VA medical benefits and if he needs to apply for disability with the military. Documentation, Documentation, Documentation, Documentation, I can not stress this enough. Every bit of documentation from before he joined the military until now, everything even if he went to the doctor for a runny nose. Get his DD214 and his complete military medical record and make multiple copies. Any documentation that shows his travels while in country (Orders) also any performance evaluations (if he failed a PFT due to this problem, or had other issues that affected his job because of this).

All the paper work you fill out for the VA or for disability make your own copies of that paper work, uncle sam has a habit of loosing shit.

Last edited by alecto on 9/11/2012, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

alecto wrote:I know I'm kind of late on this thread but just some thoughts I didn't see when I skimmed the thread.

Get his complete medical record from the military, if he went to the doctor (a military doctor) with this problem or with symptoms of this problem it will be in his military medical record and you will need it to show the history. This is IMPORTANT for the VA medical benefits and if he needs to apply for disability with the military. Documentation, Documentation, Documentation, Documentation, I can not stress this enough. Every bit of documentation from before he joined the military until now. Get his DD214 and his complete military medical record and make multiple copies. Any documentation that shows his travels while in country (Orders) also any performance evaluations (if he failed a PFT due to this problem, or had other issues that affected his job because of this).

ok will do. Im going to have to print this thread out. lots of good info. you guys are very smart with this stuff. thank you Smile

Rogue wrote:
alecto wrote:I know I'm kind of late on this thread but just some thoughts I didn't see when I skimmed the thread.

Get his complete medical record from the military, if he went to the doctor (a military doctor) with this problem or with symptoms of this problem it will be in his military medical record and you will need it to show the history. This is IMPORTANT for the VA medical benefits and if he needs to apply for disability with the military. Documentation, Documentation, Documentation, Documentation, I can not stress this enough. Every bit of documentation from before he joined the military until now. Get his DD214 and his complete military medical record and make multiple copies. Any documentation that shows his travels while in country (Orders) also any performance evaluations (if he failed a PFT due to this problem, or had other issues that affected his job because of this).

ok will do. Im going to have to print this thread out. lots of good info. you guys are very smart with this stuff. thank you Smile

I went through it, it sucked and I ultimately had to get a lawyer but that was years ago. DO NOT hesitate to call a Veterans Benefits Lawyer if they start giving you shit, They will need all that paper work I mentioned. Also that paper work is something he needs to keep for the rest of his life, he may develpo something 40 years from now and it will make it a whole lot easier if he has all the original paper work.

ya... i understand his reluctance... but he MUST establish the onset now. bad ideas fail... he can't take any chances right now... but he probably knows that and is venting a bit to mom. it's not the worst thing in the world... he missed you.

PkrBum wrote:ya... i understand his reluctance... but he MUST establish the onset now. bad ideas fail... he can't take any chances right now... but he probably knows that and is venting a bit to mom. it's not the worst thing in the world... he missed you.

yes, he probaly is. I do know he missed me so I can take his venting. I get tough practice here every day. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum