Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hillary Clinton says she would support a constitutional amendment on campaign finance reform

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/04/14/hillary-clinton-says-she-would-support-a-constitutional-amendment-on-campaign-finance-reform/

Hillary Clinton says she would support a constitutional amendment on campaign finance reform Was8917639

MONTICELLO, Iowa -- Hillary Rodham Clinton is calling for changes to the nation's campaign finance system, saying here Tuesday that she would support a constitutional amendment if that's what it takes to fix what she called a "dysfunctional" system.

Holding her first official campaign event at Kirkwood Community College in rural Monticello, Clinton identified campaign finance reform as one of several pillars of her 2016 presidential campaign.

"We need to fix our dysfunctional political system and get unaccountable money out of it once and for all -- even if it takes a constitutional amendment," Clinton said in opening remarks at a roundtable event with Kirkwood students and instructors.

The 2016 presidential election is expected the be the most expensive in U.S. history, with super PACs and campaigns likely to spend billions of dollars.

Clinton's comments come as many of the Democratic Party's biggest donors, as well as her super PAC allies, are gathering in San Francisco for a meeting of the Democracy Alliance.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/04/14/hillary-clinton-says-she-would-support-a-constitutional-amendment-on-campaign-finance-reform/

Hillary Clinton says she would support a constitutional amendment on campaign finance reform Was8917639

MONTICELLO, Iowa -- Hillary Rodham Clinton is calling for changes to the nation's campaign finance system, saying here Tuesday that she would support a constitutional amendment if that's what it takes to fix what she called a "dysfunctional" system.

Holding her first official campaign event at Kirkwood Community College in rural Monticello, Clinton identified campaign finance reform as one of several pillars of her 2016 presidential campaign.

"We need to fix our dysfunctional political system and get unaccountable money out of it once and for all -- even if it takes a constitutional amendment," Clinton said in opening remarks at a roundtable event with Kirkwood students and instructors.

The 2016 presidential election is expected the be the most expensive in U.S. history, with super PACs and campaigns likely to spend billions of dollars.

Clinton's comments come as many of the Democratic Party's biggest donors, as well as her super PAC allies, are gathering in San Francisco for a meeting of the Democracy Alliance.

After she gets her unaccountable money!

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:After she gets her unaccountable  money!

The vast majority of dark, unaccountable money goes to republicans; and it isn't even close.

In fact, I'll go ahead and predict that the majority of money spent on republican presidential campaigns in the 2016 election cycle will not come from the campaigns themselves, but from dark, outside money.

Quote me on this.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:After she gets her unaccountable  money!

The vast majority of dark, unaccountable money goes to republicans; and it isn't even close.  

In fact, I'll go ahead and predict that the majority of money spent on republican presidential campaigns in the 2016 election cycle will not come from the campaigns themselves, but from dark, outside money.

Quote me on this.

It has been in the news, how much does Hillary Clinton plan to spend on this election. Mind you, she has no opponent thus far.

polecat

polecat

BREAKING: Hillary Clinton announces plans to become the top story on Fox News for next 4-8 years.- Tea Party Cat

Markle

Markle

Once again....

It has been in the news, how much does Hillary Clinton plan to spend on this election. Mind you, she has no opponent thus far.

I think the progressives are afraid to post the sum, it embarrasses even themselves.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Once again....

I think the progressives are afraid to post the sum, it embarrasses even themselves.

The sum itself is meaningless.  It's the win that will count.

The issue, once again, is getting big finance out of politics.  Isn't that something you're totally against?  Without the Kochs and other billionaires, where would your party be? 

Reality.

Screw Amerika Inc. Corporate control of our government through campaign financing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum