Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cleveland obliterates Memphis in their own backyard

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:Watch the game, not the box score.  Cleveland held a comfortabl8e lead for three quarters and barely broke a sweat.  Chicago cut the lead down to 5 in garbage time.  

Sweat equity....really? I wouldn't call a 5 point game uncontested.

2seaoat

Watch the game, not the box score. Cleveland held a comfortable lead for three quarters and barely broke a sweat. Chicago cut the lead down to 5 in garbage time.

Wrong, the let them fly half court points were the difference, and Smith shooting over a second string guard who plays NO defense which I predicted folks would figure out. Even if Rose does not make it back 100%, heinrich is a defensive guard who started last year and has an extended knee. The Cavs barely won this game with those heaves.....box score and watching the WHOLE game. They will NEVER beat the Bulls in a seven game series even without Rose but with Kurt. With Rose the Bulls might beat them in five.

boards of FL

boards of FL

You're right, but for the wrong reason. They'll never beat the Bulls in a seven game series because the Bulls will exit in the first round.

2seaoat

You're right, but for the wrong reason. They'll never beat the Bulls in a seven game series because the Bulls will exit in the first round.

Makes about as much sense as last years three peat prediction where I predicted every step of the demise of King James and you called Miami the team of the ages. They most certainly will meet in the second round, and will not have their two top point guards injured. I mean really, did you see the three point shot to end the 1st quarter, the three last shot in the 2nd quarter, and the Irving three from 15 feet behind the half court? This team cannot be saved by threes in the playoff where they are gifted nine points......and James knows it.

2seaoat

This team cannot be saved by threes in the playoff where they are gifted nine points......and James knows it.

I am getting pretty good at this.....cannot wait to the playoffs.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/lebron-james-right-to-criticize-cleveland-cavaliers-after-win-over-bulls/ar-AAav7bK

boards of FL

boards of FL

Cleveland clinches the #2 seed as the Bulls fall to the Magic. Rose returned with his low 30% range shooting and without the athletic ability needed to get him to the foul line, which is what his game lives off of.

The Bulls will fall to the Wizards in the first round. Read 'em and weep, 2seaoat.

2seaoat

Cleveland clinches the #2 seed as the Bulls fall to the Magic. Rose returned with his low 30% range shooting and without the athletic ability needed to get him to the foul line, which is what his game lives off of.

The Bulls will fall to the Wizards in the first round. Read 'em and weep, 2seaoat.

Once again you did not watch the game. I did. Rose is on minute restrictions. He can play 20 minutes. when he was in the game in the first three quarters the Bulls dominated Orlando and were 15 points up. When he sat most of the third and fourth quarter, Orlando continued to shoot threes over Brooks who cannot play a lick of defense. Rose looked great on the defensive end and made his characteristic physical drives to the basket. Good news is that Henrich knee is mending and he too got minutes.

The Bulls are healing and getting stronger. They will beat ANY team in a seven game series in the East. This was not an intentional loss to get to play the Wizards, but simply the recognition that they are 15-4 this season when Rose is healthy and without restriction. They are 10-10 since his meniscus operation. Keep whistling by the graveyard.....James knows he is in trouble in the Playoffs, but it is good that you cannot recognize the same. The Bulls are the best team in the East when healthy. Rose looked great.

2seaoat

Let me help you with your misconception of that game:

Rose admitted sitting the entire fourth quarter proved difficult but understood the plan. After returning two days before the team's four to six week timeline ended, he knows he needs to achieve game shape.

He sits. Brooks plays. The entire NBA knows what I have been saying for weeks and why Brooks is the third string guard on the Bulls. What you did not see is how fricking beautiful Rose's defense was in the less than 20 minutes he played. The Bulls are going to be awesome come playoffs, and teams that underestimate them do so at their own risk.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Cleveland clinches the #2 seed as the Bulls fall to the Magic. Rose returned with his low 30% range shooting and without the athletic ability needed to get him to the foul line, which is what his game lives off of.

Once again you did not watch the game.  I did.  Rose is on minute restrictions.  He can play 20 minutes.  when he was in the game in the first three quarters the Bulls dominated Orlando and were 15 points up.  When he sat most of the third and fourth quarter, Orlando continued to shoot threes over Brooks who cannot play a lick of defense.  Rose looked great on the defensive end and made his characteristic physical drives to the basket.  Good news is that Henrich knee is mending and he too got minutes.

The Bulls are healing and getting stronger.  They will beat ANY team in a seven game series in the East.  This was not an intentional loss to get to play the Wizards, but simply the recognition that they are 15-4 this season when Rose is healthy and without restriction.   They are 10-10 since his meniscus operation.  Keep whistling by the graveyard.....James knows he is in trouble in the Playoffs, but it is good that you cannot recognize the same.   The Bulls are the best team in the East when healthy.   Rose looked great.

Rose was -3 on the +/-.  He was only one of two players with a negative stat there.  All Rose is going to bring to the Bulls is a lowered shooting %.  With an inability to get to the foul line, he's done.  Imagine Westbrook without the athleticism.  A guy who just hurls ill advised shots and connects in the low 30% range all night.  

Good luck with that.  Stick an estoque in 'em. This is how the Bulls are looking as the playoffs are about to start.

Cleveland obliterates Memphis in their own backyard - Page 2 Matador

2seaoat

More likely outcomes.......

2seaoat

The Bulls gore another opponent and all but eliminate any chance that the Heat....the team of the ages will make the playoffs this year. Tough break losing Bosh, but Rose is back.....They turned on the defense in the third quarter and only allowed eight points......Nobody in the east will beat them in seven......cannot wait.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Another solid night of 30% shooting and negative +/- for Rose! He was the only negative player on the team.

2seaoat

Another solid night of 30% shooting and negative +/- for Rose! He was the only negative player on the team.

I could see your concern if Rose played for the cavs who are near the bottom of the league in Rebounding, but the Bulls are third in rebounds. His defense looked great and with three regular season games left he is getting his conditioning back to normal. Cannot wait to see the Bulls goring more hapless victims.....deepest team in the NBA.....not too many teams can talk about four current or former all stars among their starters, and NO front court matches their depth and versatility. Butler was out last night and they can turn on the defense and smother a team, which they will do in the playoffs.....holding Miami to eight points in the third was amazing.

boards of FL

boards of FL

You're going to take that first round loss to the Wizards pretty hard.

2seaoat

Like I did the loss by KY........ Very Happy

2seaoat

Uh oh.....Rose gets 22 points, but more important....he played 28 minutes and played in the fourth quarter.......Philly like everybody else in the league knows you can shoot threes with abandon when brooks is on the floor....Philly shot a lot of threes, and the bad news is that Heinrich the number two guard injured his extended knee......teams will feast on Brooks but his minutes are going down, and tony snell may get more time.....this team has the best record in the east over the last four years and if they are healthy.....katie bar the door.

boards of FL

boards of FL

It's going to be a Spurs / Cavs final, with the Spurs winning their second straight title.  The Cavs will start winning rings in year two of the LeBron return.

I still say the Bulls exit in the 1st round via the Wizards.

2seaoat

The Cavs cannot get past the Bulls or a diminished Atlanta team. The entire team has only been healthy for five games all season......and the sixers game was the fifth time, however Hienrich went down the second half with a knee extension......minute restrictions are now off Noah and Rose......Katie Bar the door.....It should be interesting tonight against the Nets, and Atlanta wed.....San Antonio is going to have to get by some good teams. I have no idea who will win in the west....spurs are in the mix.

2seaoat

27 point win for the Bulls over the Nets who are fighting for playoff position. There is NOBODY in the NBA who could have beat the Bulls tonight, and that was with Noah sitting with hamstring issues. Cannot wait until the second round.

boards of FL

boards of FL

So after the Bulls exit the playoffs, where will Thibodeau end up? Orlando? He's certainly done in Chicago.

2seaoat

Thibs is the second best coach in the NBA and has a better record than any other coach during the regular season over the last four years. He is hard on his players and he is hard on management. Chicago loves him because he is Chicago tough. The ownership does not want to dump a fan favorite, and the tension with Pax and the general manager is just part of basketball. He is not going anywhere.......and getting in the NBA finals certainly will make it more difficult for the general manager to dump him.....Riensdorf is fan sensitive owning the White Sox also.

2seaoat

Atlanta is a very good team. The Bulls were too deep even though the defensive player of the year is injured and Taj went down with a shoulder injury in the third quarter. Rose was mostly rested, and did not play a minute in the second half. Heinrich still with an extended knee, but Atlanta is the real deal with some great kids. The Bulls will have their hands full in a seven game series.

The Bulls won another 50 games in the regular season despite all the injuries. Boards is wrong one more time......they will not lose to the Wizards in the first round, but I would have preferred they played the Wizards.....the Bucks have fully identified that Brooks cannot play defense and they will exploit that advantage and post up on him. I like the Bucks over the next few years as an emerging young team, but the Bulls will not have an easy time with that team. Probably five or six games. I cannot wait. I love the action in the NBA.

2seaoat

The Cavs had their hands full with the Wizards tonight.......it is going to be interesting if the Pacers make it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum