Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cleveland obliterates Memphis in their own backyard

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=400579358

It would have been much worse if they didn't shut it down late in the 3rd.  For those keeping score, if not for two missed free throws in Houston, the Cavs (a lottery team with Lebron and a rookie NBA coach) would have just swept the best of the west on the road.

2seaoat

The Bulls also have easily beaten Memphis this season and were beaten recently when 3 of their 6 top players were on the bench with injuries. I think Cleveland better focus on the Eastern conference playoff match ups. The Heat easily beat them on March 16th and will play them again on April 2nd.......they have to get by the Heat, Chicago, and if Chicago does not beat them, presumed Atlanta match up. I think Miami will easily take them to 6 or 7 games and it will be a real toss up. In the second round Chicago matches up better with Miami, but if Cleveland makes it by Miami, they most CERTAINLY will not get by a healthy Chicago......therein lies the question, will Chicago get to the 90-95% healthy level by the second round?. However, if a miracle were to happen and Cleveland got to the Eastern Finals, Atlanta is the better team over seven games. So rather than worrying about Western Conference teams they will never see......they better focus on that April 2nd game first.

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

2seaoat

NBA.com's Power Rankings, released every Monday during the season, are just one man's opinion. If you have an issue with the rankings, or have a question or comment for John Schuhmann,

The Cavs score 3.6 points a game more than a Bulls team which has only had all their starters on the floor 23 times this year where they are 19-4. All starters should be on the floor in the second round match up in May. Advantage Bulls as their bench has five players who have been getting minutes all season and are prolific scorers.

The Bulls have a three rebound a game advantage and the Cavs are 26th in blocks with the bulls having almost a 2 block a game advantage, and both teams are statistically tied in defense where the Bulls have only had starters on the floor for less than 25 games.

Cleveland/Bulls matchup......Butler will win the usual James match up keeping him below thirty.......but the real problem will be if Rose will be able to play his defense near his peak......I would suggest not, and this would require putting tony snell on Irving.....this will be problematic and will be the main question of the series. Love is inconsequential. The Bulls simple dominate the Cavs in the paint, and with the development of Niko and snell as legitimate three point threats, the Cavs cannot defend the Bulls over a seven game series.

2seaoat

The Raptors are missing their all star guard to injury right now, but they will give games up now to play Atlanta in the second round, and there have been rumors that they are taking a dive to avoid playing Cleveland in the second round, and feel they will have a better chance against the Bulls in the final than playing Cleveland in the second round or finals........but the way the raptors are playing, they cannot beat any of the top three.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I would argue that since the All-Star break the Cavs have been the best team in the NBA. Journeyman Mosgov is looking beastly playing with LeBron and is experiencing career highs in just about every stat. I honestly did not expect for the Cavs to be this good in year one, but they are simply blowing the doors off of the competition late into this first year together. They will only continue to improve and there is no one on the horizon that seems capable of keeping up with where this team is headed. If they ever figure out a way to effectively work Love into the system, it's game over for several years.

2seaoat

This team is not a team. Love is only symptom of the reality. They do not play good defense and do not rebound, and are dominated inside. The Bulls or Atlanta shall have NO problem disposing of Cleveland by simply guarding Irving.....that is going to be the key. Atlanta plays great team ball on both sides of the ball and is better than both the bulls and the Cavs on TEAM defense. They are the team to beat in the East. My only concern on waxing Cleveland is the Irving defense which a gimp Rose cannot complete, and a tony snell brings some offensive issues which may require sitting Mike Dunlevy who is a streak scorer and can change a game very quickly.....the key issues becomes rose recovery by May.....but a destiny in Miami never happened and it will NEVER happen in Cleveland. Love is out of there. He thrives in team play and spacing......the Irving/James show will not even get deep in this years playoff, let alone next year.

2seaoat

One week from Sunday Cavs vs the Bulls.....preview second round. Should be a good game.

2seaoat

This Sunday is the prelude of the playoffs in the second round assuming Cleveland can get by Miami. Chicago Bulls not at full strength will HUMBLE King James........and by May with Rose back will be sending Love to another team because the coach, Love and those who came before......cannot win with such a great basketball player.........his curse is his talent........

boards of FL

boards of FL

Cavs blowout the Heat as Love rests and Wade leaves early with a knee injury.  Looks like the first round of the playoffs may not be quite as interesting as you once thought, 2seaoat.

2seaoat

The Bucks beat the Bulls......if a person thinks one game will define the playoffs they would be mistaken. Miami's injuries though are very real.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:The Bucks beat the Bulls......if a person thinks one game will define the playoffs they would be mistaken.  Miami's injuries though are very real.

Here's a prediction.  The Cavs will run every team out of the building throughout the playoffs up until ATL, where it will take them six games to close the series.  Not sure what will happen in the finals or who will come out of the west.

Quote me on this.

2seaoat

Why don't you start with Sunday's game.  The Bucks have exposed a huge vulnerability in the Bulls defense.  Their second string point guard who has replaced Rose in the starting rotation cannot play defense.  Henrich who can play tenacious defense went down with a knee injury Wed.  So the Bulls without their number 1 and 2 point guards have a huge weakness which can be exploited by the Cavs on Sunday.

The Bulls still short handed will beat them easily.  In a seven game series, the Bulls have the deepest bench in the NBA, and by the second round an 80% rose on defense will be much better than the sad situation the Bulls now find themselves........Bulls 109   Cavs 102..........I was two points off last game....and your point prediction.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Why don't you start with Sunday's game.  The Bucks have exposed a huge vulnerability in the Bulls defense.  Their second string point guard who has replaced Rose in the starting rotation cannot play defense.  Henrich who can play tenacious defense went down with a knee energy Wed.  So the Bulls without there number 1 and 2 point guards have a huge weakness which can be exploited by the Cavs on Sunday.

The Bulls still short handed will beat them easily.  In a seven game series, the Bulls have the deepest bench in the NBA, and by the second round an 80% rose on defense will be much better than the sad situation the Bulls now find themselves........Bulls 109   Cavs 102..........I was two points off last game....and your point prediction.

Bench depth isn't going to carry you through the playoffs.  You need stars.  Reliable stars.  That basically DQs the Bulls right out of the gate.  

Prediction for Sunday:  The Cavs will run the Bulls out of the building and rest their starters in the 4th, capping a 3-1 record against the Bulls for the regular season.

2seaoat

More puffing.....give us your prediction on the score.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Cavs will lead 88-72 at the end of the 3rd.  Starters will come out early in the 4th.  Final score will be 110-92.

2seaoat

One of us is very wrong. It should be a fun game.

2seaoat

The cavs will not be able to dominate a team minus Rose....and they sure will not get by them in a month when he returns.

2seaoat

Smith is shooting lights out the first half. Unexpected contributor. Second half will have to have him cooling off or the Cavs will win this. The Bulls just have to continue playing their game.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:Cavs will lead 88-72 at the end of the 3rd.  Starters will come out early in the 4th.  Final score will be 110-92.

Only an 8 point lead after an impressive Cavs run in the third.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Been watching since early in the 2nd. Cavs are coasting. They probably won't rest their starters, but this was relatively uncontested.

2seaoat

You must not have been watching......nine points were scored from beyond half court and from out of bounds........those are simply lucky threes. What I take out of this game is that Cleveland shooting all the threes recognize that Brooks cannot play defense which I pointed out before the game......he will not be playing these minutes in the second round.......Rose will. The Bulls will win in any seven game series against the Cavs, and would have won today, but for nine points from let it fly areas.....I mean really you did not see those nine points?

2seaoat

Five point game.......without Rose. This was a very good indicator of what Cleveland must do in a seven game series. They will not and cannot throw up shots from behind half court and out of bounds and expect to do the same to keep up with the Bulls.

2seaoat

The Bucks have exposed a huge vulnerability in the Bulls defense. Their second string point guard who has replaced Rose in the starting rotation cannot play defense.

Called it. Every coach will be posting him up, or shooting over him for uncontested threes. Heinrich is injured with an extended knee, and never would have let Smith get uncontested threes. The Bulls need Heinrich healthy or Rose healthy to plug this vulnerability. Otherwise, great matchups which the Bulls will control in a seven game series.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Watch the game, not the box score. Cleveland held a comfortable lead for three quarters and barely broke a sweat. Chicago cut the lead down to 5 in garbage time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum