Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Did Jesus Get So HOT?

+3
Joanimaroni
KarlRove
Wordslinger
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 9:45 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

In Christian paintings the dude is over 6' tall, thin, blond or light haired, and always white.

He was 5' 1", and dark like most of the Semitic guys of his time and region.

Read this:
http://www.alternet.org/how-did-jesus-get-be-so-hot-fascinating-history-wildly-unrealistic-depictions-savior?akid=12893.260394.A9QULk&rd=1&src=newsletter1033250&t=7

2How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 9:46 am

KarlRove

KarlRove

Why do you hate Christians ?

3How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 12:59 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:Why do you hate Christians ?
What in hell is there to like about them?

I don't like any religions, because they are based on fantasy and invariably become the basis of conflict between people who are willing to fight, kill and die because they believe their make-believe friend is better than the other guy's.  Right now, it's Muslim fundamentalists who are causing the most misery.  Yesterday it was the Catholics and Protestants in Ireland.  Tomorrow it could be your bunch, or the B'hai, , or the Scientologists, or the Jehovah's Witnesses, or the Mormons, the Hebrews, Zen Buddhists, etc. etc. etc.

According to the God of the three books -- Torah, Qur'an, and New Testament, believers and non-believers should live in peace, with good will to each other.  The problem is, it never worked out that way and we humans would be much better off without religious differences.

Glad you asked!

4How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 1:01 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Only two of those religions have the same God- the Quran is copy of the Bible with pieces torn out that aren't wanted and lies inserted in their place. But you do hate Christians... That's all you whine about

5How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 1:04 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:

I don't like any religions, because they are based on fantasy and invariably become the basis of conflict between people who are willing to fight, kill and die because they believe their make-believe friend is better than the other guy's.  Right now, it's Muslim fundamentalists who are causing the most misery.  Yesterday it was the Catholics and Protestants in Ireland.  Tomorrow it could be your bunch, or the B'hai, , or the Scientologists, or the Jehovah's Witnesses, or the Mormons, the Hebrews, Zen Buddhists, etc. etc. etc.

According to the God of the three books -- Torah, Qur'an, and New Testament, believers and non-believers should live in peace, with good will to each other.  The problem is, it never worked out that way and we humans would be much better off without religious differences.

Glad you asked!

And you are continuing the fantasy of his looks.

6How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 1:30 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Glad you asked!

And you are continuing the fantasy of his looks.

I thought the article was interesting.  There are no portraits, drawings or other images of Jesus that were taken from life.  What he looked like, as you say, is totally fantasy.  What's interesting to me is that all the known artists who have portrayed Christ picture him in the style of handsomeness appropriate to their times and cultures.

It's also true that we have no writings about Jesus from anyone who actually knew him.

Reality.

7How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 1:35 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Really? Lol you must be kidding

8How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 1:41 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:Only two of those religions have the same God- the Quran is copy of the Bible with pieces torn out that aren't wanted and lies inserted in their place. But you do hate Christians... That's all you whine about

Wrong again. At least you're consistent! The three religions of the Book are referred to by biblical scholars as the three religions of Abraham.  But then, considering your shallow education and religious background, your mistake is understood.

Besides, what does it really matter?

As for hating Christians, as usual, it's impossible for you to know what's in my mind.  How many times must I say it before it penetrates your thick, empty skull?  I don't like all religions.  Nuff said.

9How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 2:08 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Would you be happy if He was pictured as Quasimodo?

10How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 2:17 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Sorry
Wordslinger ,
The
Quran is a poor copy of the Bible like I said. My
Education is just fine.

11How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 2:19 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

It wasnt yesterday that the Catholics and Protestants were fighting either. Stalin is calling you though ... A fellow atheist who killed more people from his own country than he did Germans

12How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 3:07 pm

2seaoat

When Jesus is portrayed as a beautiful person, it goes well with the idea that wealth is bestowed on the righteous, and the least among us are undeserving.....which when translated into a political party means.....to hell with the words of Jesus.......the poor deserve what they get, and god chooses to reward those with wealth and health who are true Christians.......and then you think of a five foot one jew helping the least among us and you get a different message than what is being sold in the mega churches who are churning and burning making cash and selling another view of Jesus the six foot one blue eyed light haired savior.......the words remain true......the rest is just showtime.

13How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 3:59 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:Would you be happy if He was pictured as Quasimodo?

Sure.  That depiction would be just as accurate as all the rest of the interpreted portraits.  Or, maybe there should be one that looks like Sean Hannity ... tell me your preference.

14How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 4:07 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:Sorry
Wordslinger ,
The
Quran is a poor copy of the Bible like I said. My
Education is just fine.

You should try that argument on someone who professes their belief differently.  Tell it to a Muslim or a Jew; somebody who believes in such bullshit.

I think your Bible, the Jewish Torah and the Qur'an are all fairy tales.

It'd be fun watching you try to sell your thing to a devout Jew or a Muslim.  Kinda like religious MMA.

Let me know when you want to try, I'll sell tickets.

15How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 4:09 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:Really? Lol you must be kidding

You know of an actual painting of Jesus?

Considering that all the gospels were written more than 70 years after his death, can you name one written by anyone who actually knew him?  Proof?

16How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 7:14 pm

Markle

Markle

How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Bump

17How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 9:53 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Bump

Thank you for agreeing with me.

18How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/14/2015, 10:25 pm

Vikingwoman

It was actually longer than that the gospels were written. Jesus was black and had nappy hair. He looked like Ghaddafi. I know. He came to me in my dreams.

19How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/15/2015, 2:54 am

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:

I just like seeing you reveal yourself and that you have the HOTS for Jesus. I consider it blasphemous but since you say he doesn't exist, I guess you're just doing this in your fantasies. What ever floats your boat.

20How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/15/2015, 2:59 am

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:It was actually longer than that the gospels were written. Jesus was black and had nappy hair. He looked like Ghaddafi. I know. He came to me in my dreams.

So you and Wordslinger are both have late night fantasies about Jesus. Whew...pretty kinky!

21How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/15/2015, 9:01 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I report, you decide.

First Muhammed

How Did Jesus Get So HOT? The-prophet-muhammad

Then Jesus

How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Merciful-jesus

22How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/15/2015, 10:42 am

Vikingwoman

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

I just like seeing you reveal yourself and that you have the HOTS for Jesus.  I consider it blasphemous but since you say he doesn't exist, I guess you're just doing this in your fantasies.  What ever floats your boat.

Well geez, he doesn't exist now does he? He may have once existed but he was just a prophet not any kind of God for cryin out loud! Talk about fantasies?

23How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/15/2015, 11:30 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

I just like seeing you reveal yourself and that you have the HOTS for Jesus.  I consider it blasphemous but since you say he doesn't exist, I guess you're just doing this in your fantasies.  What ever floats your boat.

Correction:  I never said he didn't exist.  I said the belief he was a God or the son of a god is utter bullshit.  I also say, with the same conviction, that stories written about him from 70 to 300 years after his death, and re-written and edited for some 2,000 years since then are completely and utterly unreliable.

I'm an atheist.  You're a white protestant, racist, fundamentalist, Christian agitator.  No different to me than a whacko Muslim, Jew or Catholic fundamentalist.  Without morals, integrity or loyalty. 

And thanks for asking. 

24How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/15/2015, 11:33 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob wrote:I report,  you decide.

First Muhammed

How Did Jesus Get So HOT? The-prophet-muhammad

Then Jesus

How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Merciful-jesus

Wow!  These guys really look hot!

For a dose of reality, picture Yasser Arafat as either Mohammad or Jesus.   LOL

25How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Empty Re: How Did Jesus Get So HOT? 3/15/2015, 6:13 pm

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Correction:  I never said he didn't exist.  I said the belief he was a God or the son of a god is utter bullshit.  I also say, with the same conviction, that stories written about him from 70 to 300 years after his death, and re-written and edited for some 2,000 years since then are completely and utterly unreliable.

I'm an atheist.  You're a white protestant, racist, fundamentalist, Christian agitator.  No different to me than a whacko Muslim, Jew or Catholic fundamentalist.  Without morals, integrity or loyalty. 

And thanks for asking. 

No one ever said that Jesus was God. You really need to do a little better. I'd recommend you read "The Killing of Jesus" by Bill O'Reilly.

Seems to be getting easier and easier to get under your skin. Yeah, it is fun.

How Did Jesus Get So HOT? Socratestoo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum