Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama condones shooting of cops

+7
nadalfan
Wordslinger
Sal
Floridatexan
boards of FL
Hospital Bob
KarlRove
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Obama condones shooting of cops Empty Obama condones shooting of cops 3/13/2015, 8:00 am

KarlRove

KarlRove

Yep, by saying,
"The protestors have legitimate concerns." This is now Enflamed to a major proportion and it will get more out of control. I guess if we have legitimate concerns about something, it will give us the right to do the Same
Thing as the snipers who shot the cops. Wait until the next shooting and a person gets caught and they use his own words in their defense.

KarlRove

KarlRove

On Jimmy Kimmel

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

KarlRove wrote:Yep, by saying,
"The protestors have legitimate concerns." This is now Enflamed to a major proportion and it will get more out of control. I guess if we have legitimate concerns about something, it will give us the right to do the Same
Thing as the snipers who shot the cops. Wait until the next shooting and a person gets caught and they use his own words in their defense.

What planet are you on,  Karl?  During that interview he emphasized "there is no excuse for criminal acts" and he was referring specifically to the shooting of the two police officers.
How in the name of sense did your mind twist that into "obama condones the shooting of cops"?  lol

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:Yep, by saying,

You're an idiot.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

No he's not an idiot. If he was an idiot then we could excuse this. It's because he's NOT an idiot which makes it so scary.

He's no different than millions of others who let the right wing wrastlin (some call it "media") do their thinking for them. Just like you and Sal and Seaoat are among the millions who let the left-wing wrastlin do your thinking for you.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

From Robert Reich on FB:

“Polarizing” has now become a negative political adjective bestowed on anyone in public life about whom people have strong feelings, pro and con. President Obama is now commonly described as a “polarizing” figure – “the most polarizing president in recent American history,” as one pundit put it a few days ago. “Polarizing” is so often used to describe Hillary Clinton that it’s almost become her first name. I keep reading that Elizabeth Warren shouldn’t even run because she’s too “polarizing.”

Can we get a grip? The President is “polarizing” because he’s finally shown the gumption and courage to take on the Republican right, after too many years of holding out olive branches that Republicans summarily rejected. Hillary Clinton has been “polarizing” since she stepped on the national stage in 1992 because she’s a powerful woman. Elizabeth Warren is polarizing because she stands squarely and firmly against abuses of power emanating from Wall Street and corporate boardrooms. In this political environment -- with regressive Republicans dissing the President, sending open letters to Iran’s rulers, and threatening to close down the government if they don’t get their way; with Fox News and Rush Limbaugh and their right-wing media clones fanning the flames of resentment and hate; with so many Americans frustrated and powerless because they’re getting nowhere and big money has taken over our democracy – anyone with strong conviction, who tells it like it is, who challenges the status quo, is likely to be deemed a “polarizing figure.” But the problem doesn’t lie with these people. It lies with a rabidly regressive right coupled with a sensationalized media looking for red meat 24/7. Under these circumstances, anyone who’s not a “polarizing figure” is probably not doing his or her job.

What do you think?

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:No he's not an idiot.  If he was an idiot then we could excuse this.  It's because he's NOT an idiot which makes it so scary.

He's no different than millions of others who let the right wing wrastlin (some call it "media") do their thinking for them.  Just like you and Sal and Seaoat are among the millions who let the left-wing wrastlin do your thinking for you.

You're a dumbass.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:No he's not an idiot.  If he was an idiot then we could excuse this.  It's because he's NOT an idiot which makes it so scary.

He's no different than millions of others who let the right wing wrastlin (some call it "media") do their thinking for them.  Just like you and Sal and Seaoat are among the millions who let the left-wing wrastlin do your thinking for you.

You had me until you (again) tried to equate the idiocy on the right with some kind of equivalent on the left. There is no comparison...none.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Can you find any example where I, Sal, or Seaoat said something that was even remotely as stupid as what Karl has said in this thread?

Because I can give you example on top of example of KarlRove saying equally idiotic things.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So the question is how are the two sides alike?  I'm so glad you asked.  
All you need do is look at these threads over time to get the answer.

I hate to keep using the wrastlin (aka "professional wrestling") analogy over and over,  but it's only because it's so apropos to all this.
All of you now have access to all this plethora of media in all it's forms.  And both sides absorb it in the same way.
You start out with pre-conceived notions.  And those notions mirror your need to adhere to one side's narrative or the other.  One side's narrative is to be opposed to anything you define to be the "right".  And the other the "left".  Or "conservative/liberal",  "republican/democrat",  it's all the same thing.
I use the wrastlin analogy because that's EXACTLY how the mentality of wrastlin fans manifests itself.
Hulk Hogan is one side's hero.  Randy Savage the other.  And never the minds of the twain shall meet.

That's the starting point.  And as you absorb all that media wrastlin,  you cherry pick out whatever supports your pre-conceived notions.
You represent the "audience" for all this.  But you're really no different from the political and media celebrities themselves.  They conform to exactly the same "left vs right" narratives.  

We are now living in a society which is ruled over by that "us vs them" mentality and it's getting worse and worse with time.
And it's really starting to get boring to me.  I know I can open this forum at any time and it will always be just a retread of the same goddamn thing.  Over and over.  Year in and year out.  
The country is now like a broken record playing the same song over and over and over again.
We need a new song.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob wrote:So the question is how are the two sides alike?  I'm so glad you asked.  

I hate to keep using the wrastlin (aka "professional wrestling") analogy over and over,  but it's only because it's so apropos to all this.
All of you now have access to all this plethora of media in all it's forms.  And both sides absorb it in the same way.
You start out with pre-conceived notions.  And those notions mirror your need to adhere to one side's narrative or the other.  One side's narrative is to be opposed to anything you define to be the "right".  And the other the "left".  Or "conservative/liberal",  "republican/democrat",  it's all the same thing.
I use the wrastlin analogy because that's EXACTLY how the mentality of wrastlin fans manifests itself.
Hulk Hogan is one side's hero.  Randy Savage the other.  And never the minds of the twain shall meet.

That's the starting point.  And as you absorb all that media wrastlin,  you cherry pick out whatever supports your pre-conceived notions.
You represent the "audience" for all this.  But you're really no different from the political and media celebrities themselves.  They conform to exactly the same "left vs right" narratives.  

We are now living in a society which is ruled over by that "us vs them" mentality and it's getting worse and worse with time.
And it's really starting to get boring to me.  I know I can open this forum at any time and it will always be just a retread of the same goddamn thing.  Over and over.  Year in and year out.  
The country is now like a broken record playing the same song over and over and over again.  
We need a new song.

Agreed. But one side stands for morality and ethics and the other stands for lies and helping the rich screw everyone else. 

Reality.

nadalfan

The problem with your blanket statement is that for the most part, liberals don't rely on one news source to get their information.  Unless of course, you think that they are all part of a left wing conspiracy.

http://theprogressivecynic.com/2014/12/29/pew-explains-why-the-
conservatives-live-in-their-own-reality/

Here's the original article, since my first one came from a progressive site:
http://www.journalism.org/2014/10/21/political-polarization-media-habits/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:So the question is how are the two sides alike?  I'm so glad you asked.  

We need a new song.

You're right about needing a new song, but you're completely wrong about the false equivalency you're trying to promote. Sorry you're bored. I'm enraged. I'm so sick and tired of FOX, Limbaugh, and the other lying talking heads of the Reich wing. It's really not hard to understand how the Germans got hoodwinked when you see the daily stoking of hatred and fear, the denial of science, the unreasonable slurs against the President (from day one), and the politics-above-all-else mentality that has caused irreparable harm to our country...and will continue to do so if it's not stopped. There's no real debate when one side uses a reasoned argument and the other side floats down denial river, doubling down on stupid and promoting outright lies...like our "friend" Herr Markle.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

After reading the responses,  I take it back.  It's not like wrastlin.  It's more like religion.  
Everyone in each of the two religions perceives his/her god and bible and message to be infallible,  AND sees the god/bible/message of the other to be demonic.  lol

I have to admit, even if this whole scenario has no other redeeming value, it is pretty damn entertaining. Just like wrastlin and religion. lol

Sal

Sal

Our political discourse is poisoned by this "both sides are the same" bullshit.

There is no equivalency.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Our political discourse is poisoned by this "both sides are the same" bullshit.

There is no equivalency.

If I said this to any Hogan fanboy or "Macho Man" Savage fanboy,  I would be told exactly the same fucking thing.  
It's all so predictable.  lol

Surprise me someday and say something,  anything,  that doesn't follow the script and is not so predictable.  Because a broken record that keeps playing over and over and over, eventually is going to wear out it's grooves.

boards of FL

boards of FL

We need a new song.

The question was: Can you find any example where I, Sal, or Seaoat said something that was even remotely as stupid as what Karl has said in this thread?

I get that you believe that both sides are exactly the same. I'm asking you to show me whatever it is that you're seeing that leads you to that conclusion. I wasn't asking you reiterate your belief in a more wordy fashion.

Sal

Sal

There is only one side who embraces ignorance as a virtue.

There is only one side that celebrates intolerance and bigotry.

This much is abundantly clear.

Not that it would sway Bob, the high priest of Both Siderism.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

The question was: Can you find any example where I, Sal, or Seaoat said something that was even remotely as stupid as what Karl has said in this thread?

Well first let's take a look at what Karl did.  He found a video or a transcript of that tv interview of Obama.
His eyes/ears/brain filtered out all of it except one line.  "the protesters have legitimate concerns".
His brain completely ignored all the rest of it.  And since his brain only took in that one line,  his fox news/talk radio/worldnet daily infused mind then twisted that to be Obama advocating cop killing.  Exactly the opposite of what Obama said taken in the whole context of the interview.

Here's what you do,  boards.  You are desperately on the hunt for any economic stat which supports your pre-conceived notion that Obama is the economic saviour of the country.  You take that out of context exactly like Karl does.  You ignore any stat which tells any different story.  And you ignore (or shout down) any challenge to the stat you're hyping.
You do it all the time.

Sal

Sal

Politics according to Bob ....

Wingnutz poison the public well with paranoia, bigotry and plain bugfuck insanity while sabotaging the government on purpose to gain political and economic advantage.

Libruls point out that poisoning the public well and sabotaging the government are bad things.

Bob clutches his pearls until his palms bleed, and then blames his stigmata on both sides being equally unreasonable and mean.

The End.

lol

nadalfan

Just curious Bob, where do you get your news and on what basis do you form your opinion? How do you separate bias from reality in the news?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:What planet are you on,  Karl?

He hails from planet Youranus.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Well first let's take a look at what Karl did.  He found a video or a transcript of that tv interview of Obama.
His eyes/ears/brain filtered out all of it except one line.  "the protesters have legitimate concerns".
His brain completely ignored all the rest of it.  And since his brain only took in that one line,  his fox news/talk radio/worldnet daily infused mind then twisted that to be Obama advocating cop killing.  Exactly the opposite of what Obama said taken in the whole context of the interview.

Here's what you do,  boards.  You are desperately on the hunt for any economic stat which supports your pre-conceived notion that Obama is the economic saviour of the country.  You take that out of context exactly like Karl does.  You ignore any stat which tells any different story.  And you ignore (or shout down) any challenge to the stat you're hyping.
You do it all the time.

Here again, you are simply repeating yourself.  "Both sides are exactly the same.  You are exactly like KarlRove."

Yes, yes.  I get that that is your belief.  I'm asking you to show me any example that would back up what you are saying.  Can you give me any example where I have taken economic data "out of context" and basically tried to mislead anyone by doing that?  Can you give me any example where I am distorting reality in the manner that KarlRove has in this thread?

Note, I'm not asking you to repeat yourself again and reiterate the idea that you believe liberals and conservatives are exactly alike; rather, I'm asking you to provide supporting evidence for that belief.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

You do it all the time.

Boards posts stats and economic data. This happens to be his area of expertise. And despite all the irrational screeching and attempts to subvert any success that might be attributed to this President from the GOP, including blocking his appointees and shutting down the government, the economy is making a slow yet steady recovery, no thanks whatsoever to self-serving, undemocratic "representatives" in Congress and lying talking heads in the "conservative" bubble.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Boards posts stats and economic data. This happens to be his area of expertise.

It sets posters Markle and PD hair on fire when he does this, and they scramble around trying to counter it with nonsense. Razz

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum