Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dorner shooting at cops in Big Bear

+2
Nekochan
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

CNN....Dorner is in a shoot out with authorities in
Big Bear

Nekochan

Nekochan

Let's hope they get him.

Sal

Sal

What do you think the chances are of them taking him alive?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Probably not high. They say he's in a cabin.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:What do you think the chances are of them taking him alive?
If I was a betting man I would wager that the odds on that happening are about a hundred times less likely than having a winning powerball ticket.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

He's now cornered in a cabin in Mentone, Ca.
I would say the only reason he's not dead now is he maybe has a hostage(s) in the cabin.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

yep, he's got two hostages. this standoff could now go on for some time.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

think about what it must have been like for the couple in there to see all this on the news and then all of a sudden they were the ones being taken hostage.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Maybe we should take bets on how many entrance and exit wounds he will have.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The LAPD will kill him before they take him alive-He has shot and killed/wounded some of their own already. He probably knows this and will fight to the death.

It will be like the SLA shootout in 1974. I was living in Long Beach then. They lobbed some tear gas grenades into the house the SLA was holed up in and let the gas grenades set the house on fire. They then all burned to death.

Edited: the SLA was the Symbionese Liberation Army. Patty Hearst had been kidnapped by them and "brainwashed" to join them. I was at my aunt's house the afternoon of that shootout-maybe 5 miles away. Hearst was not with them when Police found their hideout. This kind of stuff always seems to happen in LA.

Last edited by ZVUGKTUBM on 2/12/2013, 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Jake92

At least he's not close to Rice.. :-))

Nekochan

Nekochan

When we lived on Whidbey Island back in the early 80s and a White Supremist nut was held up in a cabin there, that's about what happened.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Jake92 wrote:At least he's not close to Rice.. :-))

Yes. There has to be a lot of people breathing a sigh of relief now. Hope it's over soon.

Why don't they just deem the area a safe zone?

Jake92

Just on CNN. One of the cops shot today has just died.. :-((

Nekochan

Nekochan

Jake92 wrote:Just on CNN. One of the cops shot today has just died.. :-((

Sorry to hear.

The guy needs to die. But I am afraid no one will come out of that cabin alive if there are hostages.

http://www.latimes.com/

They have updates going on.. They're also listening to scanners so it's all recent..

"SB District Attorney@sbcountyda

The sheriff has asked all members of the press to stop tweeting immediately. It is hindering officer safety. #Dorner

Retweeted by Ron Lin, LA Times"

Oh well..

Jake92

Tear gas was used and SWAT is in the cabin! Looks like it's over or will be any second!!!!

Lurch wrote:http://www.latimes.com/

They have updates going on.. They're also listening to scanners so it's all recent..

"SB District Attorney@sbcountyda

The sheriff has asked all members of the press to stop tweeting immediately. It is hindering officer safety. #Dorner

Retweeted by Ron Lin, LA Times"

Oh well..

They should be using scrambled radios like the ECSO.

News helicopters now showing aerial footage on CNN from the burning cabin.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

What was the outcome.....we went to dinner and now the president is speaking.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

He is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.......

Just guessing........ But I think he is dead.

I wonder if the authorities will pay for that lady's burned-down cabin?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Damn..they burned the house down?

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:He is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.......

If he died at his own hand, he stole their chance to avenge their brothers who died.

Another person slips through the cracks, winds up heavily armed and very PO. Any pre-emptive efforts to remove him from society would have been labeled as anti-Veteran.

Last week another Vet murdered the top sniper.

Isn't it time to take a much harder look at Veterans and mental health issue...?

Are there any counseling sessions with the family before the returning Vet is back in the home...?

What they should watch for....learn about triggers and why they can cause a breakdown.

It's under-funded and grossly inadequate and if something doesn't change, we're only beginning this deadly season. This ain't gonna go away because they cowboy up and hold it in. It will eventually manifest and the results are usually deadly.

It sucks.

W_T_M wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:He is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.......

If he died at his own hand, he stole their chance to avenge their brothers who died.

Another person slips through the cracks, winds up heavily armed and very PO. Any pre-emptive efforts to remove him from society would have been labeled as anti-Veteran.

Last week another Vet murdered the top sniper.

Isn't it time to take a much harder look at Veterans and mental health issue...?

Are there any counseling sessions with the family before the returning Vet is back in the home...?

What they should watch for....learn about triggers and why they can cause a breakdown.

It's under-funded and grossly inadequate and if something doesn't change, we're only beginning this deadly season. This ain't gonna go away because they cowboy up and hold it in. It will eventually manifest and the results are usually deadly.

It sucks.

Much like Vietnam, the government is only of late deciding that PTSD is serious business. Nam vets didn't do 4,5 and 6 tours of the war unless they volunteered to do so. Some SOF guys have done upwards of 10+ tours and more to look forward to even with the drawdown in Astan just because their skills will be needed even moreso with the asymmetric threat that our enemy constitutes.
When you force the military to cut as they have since about 2002 and moreso now, you force those left to do more with less. Some of that more with less has to do with more time spent deployed and less time spent at home because rotations of people were too high of a tempo. You have reservists like myself who are going to draw a comparable retirement to some folks who did 20 straight years. Does that even make sense? Of course not, but somewhere along the line, the powers that be decided that the reserves were no longer a strategic force to be activated ONCE or twice in a career, but multiple times because the active duty force was crushed by the ops tempo.
Then you get guys like Dorner of which we will never know the full truth about because the info is going to be hidden away until 30 years from now. He is a casualty of this war just as the people who died in the TWIN TOWERS on 9-11, it just took him longer to eventually become a statistic.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Have they found a body or not? Mixed reports on that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum