Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Justice Department is preparing to bring criminal corruption charges against Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gatorfan

Another corrupt politician bites the dust. About 500 more to go

The Justice Department is preparing to bring criminal corruption charges against Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), according to reports.

CNN was the first to report the news on Friday

Attorney General Eric Holder has reportedly signed off on prosecutors bringing the charges.

The charges concern Menendez allegedly using his office to advocate for the interests of donor and friend Salomon Melgen, a Florida ophthalmologist.

CNN reported that prosecutors are looking at plane trips that Menendez took as a guest of Melgen. Menendez later paid back $58,000 for the 2010 trips when it became known that he was under investigation.

Investigators are also reportedly interested in whether Menendez was using his position to protect Melgen's business interests when he got involved in a debate over whether the U.S. should donate port screening equipment to the Dominican Republic. Melgen's company had a contract at the time to provide port screening services in the Dominican Republic, and the donated equipment could have impacted his business.

Menendez is a prominent member of the Senate and former chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee. He also led the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee from 2009 until 2011."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/234904-doj-said-to-prepare-charges-against-sen-menendez

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I don't like Menendez. I consider him a DINO.

Markle

Markle

Cross semi-retired President Obama and you're join deep trouble.

Markle

Markle

Cross semi-retired President Obama and you're join deep trouble.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Yep

Sal

Sal

Screw Menendez.

He's been egregiously wrong on Iran and Cuba.

That's enough for me.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Hillary needs to
Be right there with him

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

You should love Menendez...he spoke at AIPAC days before Bibi's address to Congress, and he apparently led Bibi to the floor. His fawning over Netanyahu has now been withdrawn, as he reconsiders the political fallout. McConnell, however, still plans to fast-track the anti-Iran bill. I knew Boehner didn't act alone in this sneak attack on the President...who, BTW, saw a 6-point increase in approval ratings.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/03/04/1368528/-Bibi-Speech-Backfires-Sen-Menendez-Withdraws-Support-for-Iran-Bill

The Justice Department is preparing to bring criminal corruption charges against Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) Girl-sticking-tongue-out-9035348

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum