Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chicago Corruption Pervasive

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/11/2015, 9:51 am

They will cheat right down to little league baseball. They were just stripped of their US championship.

Now I understand why seagoat was so proud of them... he thght they got away with it.

2Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/11/2015, 10:39 am

Hallmarkgard

Wonder how the kids feel about it now?

Chicago Little League Team Stripped Of Title

Jackie Robinson West must vacate its wins from the Little League World Series and forfeit its U.S. championship, Little League Baseball announced this morning, after an investigation determined that the team used players from outside its geographic area.

From the ESPN.com report:

The team's manager, Darold Butler, has been suspended from Little League activity, and Illinois District 4 Administrator Michael Kelly has been removed from his position.

The organization found that the Jackie Robinson team used a falsified boundary map, and that team officials met with neighboring Little League districts in Illinois to claim players and build what amounts to a superteam.
That would seem to confirm a December story from DNAInfo, which reported that Jackie Robinson West unilaterally expanded its boundaries to swallow sections of three neighboring leagues, without those leagues' permissions.

The title now goes to Las Vegas, which was beaten by Chicago in the U.S. championship game. Chicago went on to lose to a team from Seoul, South Korea in the international final.

Jackie Robinson West captured fans' attention with their aggressive play, and by being the first Chicago team to represent America in 31 years, and the first team ever made up entirely of African-American kids. But soon after their LLWS run—and their fêting in a parade that stretched from the South Side to the Loop—the president of a rival Little League filed a complaint claiming multiple players lived outside its boundaries.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Good grief.

Sal

Sal

I can tell you from firsthand experience that this practice is not at all uncommon in Little League Baseball.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's certainly not unusual.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

It was unfair to the boys that were legitimately on the team.

I feel bad for the teams that were unfairly eliminated.

Sal

Sal

As always in youth sports, it's the adults that cause the problems.

And, it's not confined to Little League nor to baseball.

Now that my kid is playing high school sports, I can tell you literally dozens of stories where parents either faked residencies or filled out fraudulent hardship applications to get their kids in more competitive programs outside their home districts, often with the guidance of high school coaches.

I was approached personally by a coach at a school outside of our district and given unsolicited advice on how to circumvent the system.

This crap is not confined to Little League nor to Chicago.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

A US Championship is pretty damn significant. This charade was protected by many.

Sal

Sal

I would guess that if all the participating teams were thoroughly investigated, you'd find discrepancies in the majority of them.

10Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/11/2015, 6:49 pm

2seaoat

A US Championship is pretty damn significant. This charade was protected by many.

I do not think so.  I watch the Bulls games at my daughter's which gets comcast coverage and does a local sports update on the chicagoland sports.  The investigative reporter who broke this story was on the air.  He said there were boundary disputes and the one league thought their boundaries although in dispute had been signed off by the regional director who resigned.  The succeeding director did NOT sign the changed boundaries.  This was a technical violation of rules, and it was not a charade, but the typical power plays for more geography for a youth sports program.  I had a huge dispute when I was setting up soccer, baseball, basketball, and indoor soccer leagues with one of our participating cities jumping off the reservation and bringing a kid into their region.  My daughter was athlete of the year at her high school and the male athlete of the year who later played in the NFL was snatched by another town.....nobody forfeited, it was an adult issue, and it was resolved.

Here, people made a power play, they thought the director had signed off, and the new director did not sign off......those kids were the national champions and the adults who screwed up can never take that championship away.  The main complainer was a community called Evergreen Park, and without going into detail, most people in the Chicagoland area know their agenda.

11Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/11/2015, 7:01 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The team's manager, Darold Butler, has been suspended from Little League activity, and Illinois District 4 Administrator Michael Kelly has been removed from his position.

The organization found that the Jackie Robinson team used a falsified boundary map, and that team officials met with neighboring Little League districts in Illinois to claim players and build what amounts to a superteam.
That would seem to confirm a December story from DNAInfo, which reported that Jackie Robinson West unilaterally expanded its boundaries to swallow sections of three neighboring leagues, without those leagues' permissions.

12Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/11/2015, 7:23 pm

2seaoat

Boundary disputes happen every year.....every year. They thought the regional director had signed off on their territory map. He resigned. The new director did not sign. Now tell me what you know about Evergreen Park?

13Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/11/2015, 7:41 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

According to Little League officials.....

Jackie Robinson West isn't the first team to have its Little League title stripped. In 1992, Little League took away the title from Zamboanga, Philippines, and handed it to Long Beach, California, after Zamboanga used several players who lived outside its district or were overage. In 2001, a team from the Bronx that finished third was forced to forfeit its games after pitcher Danny Almonte was revealed to be overage.
"This is not an issue that is rampant among Little League programs. This is an isolated case," Keener told ESPN. "We've only had to take this type of action three times in our program's 75-year history."

14Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/11/2015, 7:56 pm

2seaoat

You do understand that the area you highlighted was the frequency of the Little league stripping someone of their wins, and NOT the frequency of little league disputes over players, playing outside their district. It is a rampant problem, and one that is discussed every year in league meetings......it is not limited to kids baseball. Soccer and basketball are just as guilty of fighting over territorial boundaries. Again, you fail to address my question......what do you know about Evergreen Park, the main complainer and who the reporter who broke this story got his information?

The more frequent problem is verifications of ages. Huge problem which usually starts with parents.

15Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/11/2015, 8:06 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:You do understand that the area you highlighted was the frequency of the Little league stripping someone of their wins, and NOT the frequency of little league disputes over players, playing outside their district.  It is a rampant problem, and one that is discussed every year in league meetings......it is not limited to kids baseball.  Soccer and basketball are just as guilty of fighting over territorial boundaries.   Again, you fail to address my question......what do you know about Evergreen Park, the main complainer and who the reporter who broke this story got his information?

The more frequent problem is verifications of ages.   Huge problem which usually starts with parents.

Disputes occur and are resolved before they get this far. People in the area had to have known. I understand about youth sports and what happens....I believe you are aware of that.

What do I need to know about Evergreen Park? Should they be exempt from the rules and regulations?

I have pulled birth certificates from an opposing team....

16Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/12/2015, 9:58 am

http://abc7chicago.com/sports/chicago-mom-claims-suburban-little-league-team-forged-residency/514122/

17Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/12/2015, 11:15 am

2seaoat

Now we are looking at what is underneath this tragedy. Evergreen Park is a White Enclave in the near city Suburbs which are predominately black suburbs. Evergreen Park has been raiding the city of Black kids and ignoring the district boundaries. When the meetings happened proposing the changes in league boundaries, the Chicago team had agreement on the new boundaries and thought the dispute had been resolved, but the regional guy resigned, and the successor NEVER signed the boundary changes and four kids fell into the gap on the maps. Evergreen Park then attacked the champs and complained to Little League officials, but did they do this right from the get go.....NO.....because as PK's article indicates, they had been raiding kids from the adjacent areas for years.......Nope they waited until they were winners...........and if people learned just a little more about Evergreen Park, you would understand what this is all about. Folks in Chicago area know the truth and what is happening here.

However, little league has to fix this mess. Once the world series playoffs begin, each team has to have their rosters verified and submitted. Once this is done, the rosters stand and the teams play. There is an affirmative duty on the adults to resolve these issues without hurting kids, and sadly the motivations behind the stripping of the kids EARNED championship has an ugly adult side which will become more apparent as certain further investigations will expose the rampant issues with territorial integrity and the failure of Little League to protect the kids.

18Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/12/2015, 11:19 am

2seaoat

Little league is sitting on a ton of cash with the huge popularity of the series on TV the last ten years. If they cannot send out investigators for the fifty state champions to verify roosters and districts BEFORE play, then it is more about those administrators taking big salaries and keeping the money for folks who have abandoned the very principles of little league.....that the kids come first.

19Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/12/2015, 11:29 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Little league is sitting on a ton of cash with the huge popularity of the series on TV the last ten years.   If they cannot send out investigators for the fifty state champions to verify roosters and districts BEFORE play, then it is more about those administrators taking big salaries and keeping the money for folks who have abandoned the very principles of little league.....that the kids come first.

It has to start with local associations. Forged residency......is done intentionally to stack a team.

20Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/12/2015, 11:45 am

2seaoat

Forged residency......is done intentionally to stack a team.

You simply are not comprehending. First, the PK article which talks about forgery is dealing with the very people who made formal complaints to Little League. The World Champions NEVER forged residency because they had meetings before the season where a disputed boundary map was approved, and the regional director resigned before signing the map amendments. The successor never signed the map amendments and four kids who were rightfully from the pool of kids for the National Champions were ruled ineligble not because they said they lived somewhere other than where they live, but because without the signature on the map amendments, the old maps applied and they were out of district.

It is curious the use of the word forged........it is a tell......and those in the Chicagoland area who know the history of Evergreen Park understand completely what happened, and by golly my worse suspicions were just confirmed here. Google Evergreen Park racism........see what you come up with.......the nation may be ignorant about what just happened, but folks in the Chicagoland area know exactly what is going on in Evergreen Park.

21Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/12/2015, 11:59 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Forged residency......is done intentionally to stack a team.

You simply are not comprehending.   First, the PK article which talks about forgery is dealing with the very people who made formal complaints to Little League.   The World Champions NEVER forged residency because they had meetings before the season where a disputed boundary map was approved, and the regional director resigned before signing the map amendments.   The successor never signed the map amendments and four kids who were rightfully from the pool of kids for the National Champions were ruled ineligble not because they said they lived somewhere other than where they live, but because without the signature on the map amendments, the old maps applied and they were out of district.

It is curious the use of the word forged........it is a tell......and those in the Chicagoland area who know the history of Evergreen Park understand completely what happened, and by golly my worse suspicions were just confirmed here.  Google Evergreen Park racism........see what you come up with.......the nation may be ignorant about what just happened, but folks in the Chicagoland area know exactly what is going on in Evergreen Park.

Racism.....say no more.  Forget about false residecy, forget about boundries......every detail was pre-approved. So with is the problem?

Seaoat go to the National Little League Association and tell them they are wrong!

22Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/12/2015, 12:18 pm

2seaoat

They are wrong. Boundaries and residency must be certified and final before each state champion enters the series. Your use of the word forgery is wrong. Little League NEVER accused any player or parent of Forgery. This was a little league administrative error which was exploited by a racist city with a history of breaking the rules........what sanctions against Evergreen Park and others who DO forge.......none.....Little League spends not one red cent on the integrity of the game, yet both you and pace were quick to jump to the conclusion that these kid's parents forged or that coaches cheated......nope. These folks were working from maps they thought were signed off and approved. Yet, it is interesting how some folks on this forum were quick to make up stuff about a team of black kids, and then foolishly post an article about Evergreen Park, not even understanding what really is going on......I have been right for years......and I know it piszes people off, but where in the world did somebody come up with the idea these parents or coaches forged anything. Do you even see what you did?

23Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/12/2015, 12:37 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:They are wrong.  Boundaries and residency must be certified and final before each state champion enters the series.  Your use of the word forgery is wrong.  Little League NEVER accused any player or parent of Forgery.  This was a little league administrative error which was exploited by a racist city with a history of breaking the rules........what sanctions against Evergreen Park and others who DO forge.......none.....Little League spends not one red cent on the integrity of the game, yet both you and pace were quick to jump to the conclusion that these kid's parents forged or that coaches cheated......nope.   These folks were working from maps they thought were signed off and approved.  Yet, it is interesting how some folks on this forum were quick to make up stuff about a team of black kids, and then foolishly post an article about Evergreen Park, not even understanding what really is going on......I have been right for years......and I know it piszes people off, but where in the world did somebody come up with the idea these parents or coaches forged anything.  Do you even see what you did?

These folks were working from maps they thought were signed off and approved.
Really Seaoat, you actually believe this? Even after you said, " It is a rampant problem, and one that is discussed every year in league meetings......it is not limited to kids baseball".

Go tell the National Little League Association. Let them know they made a very bad call without any evidence.

And for the record.....the coaches cheated. They hurt the kids ( black or white doesn't have any bearing to me) they did it for there own ego.

24Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/12/2015, 12:40 pm

Sal

Sal

I had a feeling that this investigation was being spurred by someone with a bone to pick.

Chris Janes is a league official from a team that lost to Jackie Robinson West 43-2 and calls it "blatant cheating."

25Chicago Corruption Pervasive Empty Re: Chicago Corruption Pervasive 2/12/2015, 12:53 pm

2seaoat

I had a feeling that this investigation was being spurred by someone with a bone to pick.

Janes is VP of Little League for Evergreen Park the very people who WERE forging residency.......it is an ugly mess where the buck falls on Little League and the administrators who are now making huge revenues from these kids and as the power of the media spotlight is going to bring in question their failure to use some of their resources to audit and certify PRIOR to final games being played.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum