Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This last winter storm was my last straw

+2
Sal
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I am getting cabin fever......I need to stay in Illinois until the 20th for cat scans, blood tests, monthly shots, and Doctors telling me where I stand......I want to go to Arizona yesterday.....but instead there is a foot of snow drifting to three feet and when I was a kid I am certain I would enjoy it for awhile....but I do not enjoy it for a moment......Florida is paradise compared to Illinois in January-February.....and God help New England.

Sal

Sal

Don't be too envious, Oats.

It got down to 40 degrees here last night.

Brrrrrrrrrrr.

knothead

knothead

It was 31 here this morning with a 15-20 kt wind . . . . . tough running/walking conditions. I sympathize with Mr. Oats and all those held in captivity because of brutally cold winter days . . . . . spring is not that far away so hang tough.

KarlRove

KarlRove

by 2seaoat Today at 1:31 am
I am getting cabin fever......I need to stay in Illinois until the 20th for cat scans, blood tests, monthly shots, and Doctors telling me where I stand......I want to go to Arizona yesterday.....but instead there is a foot of snow drifting to three feet and when I was a kid I am certain I would enjoy it for awhile....but I do not enjoy it for a moment......Florida is paradise compared to Illinois in January-February.....and God help New England.
--------
But aren't you a twit who believes in global warming?

Sal

Sal

KarlRove wrote:
--------

The twit is the one who mistakes "weather" for "climate".

2seaoat

Let me help you with this.....the theory is as the planet warms there will be more moisture in the atmosphere which will no necessarily increase the frequency of storms but the intensity of those storms and floods.  

Two of the top five Chicago snowstorms being tracked for over 100 years have happened in the last four years, and on my river the 6 out of the top ten flood events have happened in the last 10 years after tracking river levels for 115 years.   So this twit is seeing the pattern the scientist have predicted.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-chicagos-largest-snowstorms-20150201-graphic.html

KarlRove

KarlRove

Global warming/climate change because the global warming data was shown to be a lie...is a HOAX wealth redistribution plan. No more, no less.

2seaoat

I lost over 200k in an uninsured flood damage in the midwest floods of 2008, and subsequently had floods in 2009,2010,2011,2012, and 2013...where that total reached 263k. The top five snow event which I am now experiencing is not theory but reality........Boston has tracked snowstorms since the Revolutionary war, and these storms are off the historical charts.......you call it anything you want but man is negatively impacting our climate with pollution......period.

Ya... because if not for man there would still be a mile high glacier where you sit. Right?

Btw... that data from the revolutionary war equals a ratio of one minute in 180k years of earths climate history.

Nice sample size... lol.

2seaoat

As a geology minor in college, I can only smile about PKs sample size.

200/4,500,000,000 = 0.0000044%

2seaoat

Again.....too funny.....a man walking across a three mile frozen lake falls in after traveling two miles. Another man walking across a three mile frozen lake falls in after traveling twenty feet. Pk posts that the twenty feet are not representative of the three mile lake....that the two mile walk is more indicative......Hilarious.......the lake ice is melting and the distance in miles or time is of little relevance when the man falls into the lake. It is the thickness of the ice which is relevant. Science is saying that the ice is thinning.....PKs response is.....but you have not walked the entire three mile lake. Time or distance are not the relevant factors, but nice try.

Did man cause this too? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period

The Medieval Warm Period (MWP), Medieval Climate Optimum, or Medieval Climatic Anomaly was a time of warm climate in the North Atlantic region that may also have been related to other climate events around the world during that time, including China [1] and other areas, [2][3] lasting from about AD 950 to 1250. [4] It was followed by a cooler period in the North Atlantic termed the Little Ice Age. Some refer to the event as the Medieval Climatic Anomaly as this term emphasizes that effects other than temperature were important. [5][6]

2seaoat

A man was captured on video walking into a sub sandwich shop and robbing the store. Three eyewitnesses and the camera identified John Doe as the perp and formal charges were brought by the state against John Doe. The experts and eyewitnesses testified at trial and John Doe was convicted and given three years in the State Prison. Being that John Doe had limited resources he hired PK to do his criminal appeal. In his criminal brief he had a video from a robbery three years ago of a grocery store, and he argues......did my client rob that store too.......the appellate judges jaws dropped, but then in unison, they said you get what you pay for......

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Ya... because if not for man there would still be a mile high glacier where you sit. Right?

Btw... that data from the revolutionary war equals a ratio of one minute in 180k years of earths climate history.

Nice sample size... lol.

Let's put the underlying debate aside for a second and instead look at the scientific consensus.  You clearly do not believe in man-made climate change.  The people who actually study this stuff for a living disagree with you.  All of them.  100% of all global scientific organizations of reputable standing maintain the position that climate change is occurring and that man-made factors are very likely influencing that change.

Do you ever think about that as you're making these posts?  Do you ever think to yourself, "Hmm.  It sure is odd that the scientific community that studis this stuff holds an opinion that is the opposite of mine"?

How does that happen?  How is it that all of these PhD's who devote their life to climate science all have it wrong?  And how is it that right wing radio hosts and members of the fossil fuel industry got this right?  Doesn't that seem incredibly odd to you?  

Is there a massive conspiracy?  Has every scientific organization on the planet been infiltrated by liberals?  How do you reconcile your beliefs with the reality that exits around you?

polecat

polecat

KarlRove wrote:Global warming/climate change because the global warming data was shown to be a lie...is a HOAX wealth redistribution plan. No more, no less.

Please don't vaccinate you children

There was a scientific consensus in the 70's that there was a coming ice age... which is still viable btw.

Do you argue that there will not be another glacial maximum? (I use the scientific term maximum because we are still in an ice age... and the earth by scientific consensus will again suffer a glacial maximum) Will global warming stall the next ice age?

What happens as peak oil passes? It may be that we (humans) have already slowed down the next ice age...

Slightly prolonging our existence.

knothead

knothead

polecat wrote:
KarlRove wrote:Global warming/climate change because the global warming data was shown to be a lie...is a HOAX wealth redistribution plan. No more, no less.

Please don't vaccinate you children

lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum