Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More on Jeb the Hypocritical Pothead Bully

+3
Markle
2seaoat
Sal
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

What a dick ...

In the fall of 1967, when a 14-year-old Texan named John Ellis Bush arrived on the bucolic campus of Phillips Academy in Andover, great expectations preceded him.

Jeb, as he was known, should have been an easy fit in that elite and ivied world. His much-accomplished father and his older brother had both gone to Andover; no one was surprised that Jeb had followed suit.

But this Bush almost ran aground in those first, formative prep school days. He bore little resemblance to his father, a star on many fronts at Andover, and might have been an even worse student than brother George. Classmates said he smoked a notable amount of pot — as many did — and sometimes bullied smaller students.

In a tumultuous season in American life, he seemed to his peers strangely detached and indifferent… Meanwhile, his grades were so poor that he was in danger of being expelled, which would have been a huge embarrassment to his father, a member of Congress and of the school’s board of trustees.

Jeb Bush, in an interview for this story, recalled it as one of the most difficult times of his life, while acknowledging that he made it harder by initially breaking a series of rules.

“I drank alcohol and I smoked marijuana when I was at Andover,” Bush said, both of which could have led to expulsion. “It was pretty common.” He said he had no recollection of bullying and said he was surprised to be perceived that way by some…

One of those who did get to know Bush in these early days was Peter Tibbetts. The connection, he said, was pot. The first time Tibbetts smoked marijuana, he said, was with Bush and a few other classmates in the woods near Pemberton Cottage. Then, a few weeks later, Tibbetts said he smoked hashish — a cannabis product typically stronger than pot — in Jeb’s dormitory room.

Bush previously has acknowledged what he called his “stupid” and “wrong” use of marijuana. In the years since, he has opposed efforts to legalize marijuana for medicinal or recreational use…

Tibbetts, who was eventually forced to leave Andover in the spring of 1970 after school officials accused him of using drugs, said his one regret about his relationship with Bush is that he agreed to participate with him in the bullying of a student in the dormitory.

Their target was a short classmate whom they taunted, and then sewed his pajama bottoms so that they were impossible to put on. The act was particularly embarrassing, said Tibbetts, who said he felt remorse for joining in with “kids being cruel.”

Bush said in the interview that he has no recollection of this or other bullying incidents raised by classmates. He said he never viewed himself as a bully. “I don’t believe that is true,” he said, referring to classmates’ recollections of specific incidents. “It was 44 years ago and it is not possible for me to remember.”…

Sylvester said “the thing that really struck me about Jeb more than anyone I ever met, is he understood that he was from the world that really counted and the rest of us weren’t. It really was quite a waste of his time to engage us. This was kind of his family high school. There wasn’t anything he could do to be kicked out so he was relaxed about rules, doing the work. This was just his family’s place.”…

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/231328-jeb-bush-was-a-pot-smoking-bully-say-former-classmates

2seaoat

Sorry to hear this....he never seemed to be the bully type to me, but the pot hypocrisy is pretty common among politicians.....I do not like his opposition to medical pot......

Markle

Markle

More on Jeb the Hypocritical Pothead Bully Pottoo

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:More on Jeb the Hypocritical Pothead Bully Pottoo

So they both smoked pot. Millions of Americans do. So what? However, I've never read anything suggesting that Obama was a bully.

Reality.

Screw Amerika Inc.! Corporate control of our government through campaign financing.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Sal wrote:What a dick ...

In the fall of 1967, when a 14-year-old Texan named John Ellis Bush arrived on the bucolic campus of Phillips Academy in Andover, great expectations preceded him.

Jeb, as he was known, should have been an easy fit in that elite and ivied world. His much-accomplished father and his older brother had both gone to Andover; no one was surprised that Jeb had followed suit.

But this Bush almost ran aground in those first, formative prep school days. He bore little resemblance to his father, a star on many fronts at Andover, and might have been an even worse student than brother George. Classmates said he smoked a notable amount of pot — as many did — and sometimes bullied smaller students.

In a tumultuous season in American life, he seemed to his peers strangely detached and indifferent… Meanwhile, his grades were so poor that he was in danger of being expelled, which would have been a huge embarrassment to his father, a member of Congress and of the school’s board of trustees.

Jeb Bush, in an interview for this story, recalled it as one of the most difficult times of his life, while acknowledging that he made it harder by initially breaking a series of rules.

“I drank alcohol and I smoked marijuana when I was at Andover,” Bush said, both of which could have led to expulsion. “It was pretty common.” He said he had no recollection of bullying and said he was surprised to be perceived that way by some…

One of those who did get to know Bush in these early days was Peter Tibbetts. The connection, he said, was pot. The first time Tibbetts smoked marijuana, he said, was with Bush and a few other classmates in the woods near Pemberton Cottage. Then, a few weeks later, Tibbetts said he smoked hashish — a cannabis product typically stronger than pot — in Jeb’s dormitory room.

Bush previously has acknowledged what he called his “stupid” and “wrong” use of marijuana. In the years since, he has opposed efforts to legalize marijuana for medicinal or recreational use…

Tibbetts, who was eventually forced to leave Andover in the spring of 1970 after school officials accused him of using drugs, said his one regret about his relationship with Bush is that he agreed to participate with him in the bullying of a student in the dormitory.

Their target was a short classmate whom they taunted, and then sewed his pajama bottoms so that they were impossible to put on. The act was particularly embarrassing, said Tibbetts, who said he felt remorse for joining in with “kids being cruel.”

Bush said in the interview that he has no recollection of this or other bullying incidents raised by classmates. He said he never viewed himself as a bully. “I don’t believe that is true,” he said, referring to classmates’ recollections of specific incidents. “It was 44 years ago and it is not possible for me to remember.”…

Sylvester said “the thing that really struck me about Jeb more than anyone I ever met, is he understood that he was from the world that really counted and the rest of us weren’t. It really was quite a waste of his time to engage us. This was kind of his family high school. There wasn’t anything he could do to be kicked out so he was relaxed about rules, doing the work. This was just his family’s place.”…

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/231328-jeb-bush-was-a-pot-smoking-bully-say-former-classmates

Thanks for bringing this truth to the forum.

gatorfan

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

So they both smoked pot.  Millions of Americans do.  So what?  However, I've never read anything suggesting that Obama was a bully.

Reality.

Oh WOW - call out the PRESSES PEOPLES and get right on this.....

It's possible that Jeb "bullied" someone" when he was a young teen in school. After all sewing up someones PJs is a frightful and hair raising experience. Of course it's unsubstantiated but who cares about that?

The current Pres smoked dope and snorted coke but that's OK because he didn't sew someones PJs up. Of course that means you can't point the quivering liberal finger at Bush about toking dope so you hold up BULLYING!!!

What a bunch of childish, hypocritical bullshit.

Sal

Sal

For me the most salient passage from the article is this one ...

Sounds exactly like his big brother.

2seaoat

I would prefer a President who did not attend a Prep school.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I would prefer a President who did not attend a Prep school.  

I would prefer a President who did not engage in illegal drug smuggling and murder.

http://barrysealmurder1986jebbusholivernorth.blogspot.com/

KarlRove

KarlRove

Sal wrote:What a dick ...

Smoking rope and being a politician ended with KKKlinton. Sorry, but nothing to see here. Move along.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I would prefer a President who did not attend a Prep school.  

I would prefer a President who did not engage in illegal drug smuggling and murder.

http://barrysealmurder1986jebbusholivernorth.blogspot.com/

What about your own and his Choom Gang or the illegal Fast and Furious gun running? Those belong to your BOY.

How about the multitude of dead Clinton officials....hint Vince Foster et al?

Ted Kennedy murdered Mary Jo Kopechne.

I can keep going if you want.

Like....58k+ dead Americans in Vietnam...TY very much LBJ.

Bully, drug addict, murderer... lol. Remember when romney was an animal torturer? But they dismiss all about obama.

Why do we have to play these stupid games?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum