Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

3K new jobs in Pensacola area in 2014

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/local/pensacola/2015/01/24/scott-new-jobs-pensacola-area-december/22224511/

"The Pensacola area is continuing to see positive annual job growth with 3,600 new jobs created over the year, which is great news for families in the Panhandle....," Scott said.

The metro area's unemployment rate declined by 0.7 percentage point over the year, from 5.9 percent in December 2013 to 5.2 percent in December 2014.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

Quantity never overrides quality. Pensacola is no better off than when I came here and registered to vote/set up residence 3/4 of my way through my Marine enlistment in 1985. As a matter of fact, I think it's worse for the middle class. We have a large segment of this area willing to work for peanuts due to the fact that said segment already gets a retirement check. You do OK if you work for the state government (teaching/LEOs etc), but they are even treading water at best now. The 1% is doing well and if you are a FT federal employee (active military or civil service) you are doing well. Our UWF grads still have to relocate to find a wage that matches their degree program. It's one of the reasons why the proposed football "team to be" is getting such a sickly amount of support. Most schools have an alumni base in their local area. Aside from teachers, UWF alumni are forced to move away to seek employment for the most part. Lots of current UWF students aren't even from this area. I noticed that when I went to school this past Fall. Sure, there are 3600+ jobs, but they still lack for quality wages that make it a better place to live.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum