Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More private sector jobs were added to the economy in 2014 alone than during the course of both Bush presidencies combined.

+3
2seaoat
Sal
boards of FL
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/09/news/economy/december-jobs-report-unemployment/index.html

2seaoat

The truth is self evident. It is what it is........the President is making history.....and Republicans are making hysteria.......

boards of FL

boards of FL

Awfully quiet in here.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Really think about this fact. The last 12 years of republican presidents - over a decade of right wing executive control - netted us a little over one million jobs.

2014 alone - one year - netted 2.7 million private sector jobs.

We could literally double the number for republicans and this single year under Obama would still be better.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I guess if presidents get the blame for something they actually have very little control over they should get credit for any positive thing that happens. What has Obama done to spark jobs growth ? Still isn't very good news for guys like you Boards...work harder and get paid less....What if you only allowed 40 hour per week jobs ?...I doubt there would be any growth.

Young workers still struggle: While hiring is picking up, many of the jobs aren't high-paying ones. Millennials, in particular, have lost ground, according to a new report from the Young Invincibles, an advocacy group for that generation.
Related: Millennials aren't saving a dime
Median annual wages have fallen in nearly all of the most popular industry sectors that employ 25 to 34-year-olds over the past decade.
In retail and wholesale trade, which employs the largest share of these older Millennials, median wages plummeted 15% to $25,000. Wages in the leisure and hospitality industry fell 5% to $18,000. Only healthcare, the second most popular field, saw wages grow, albeit by a paltry 2% to $30,000.
"They are not finding the jobs they need to set them up for their long-term financial future," said Konrad Mugglestone, co-author of the report.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I guess if presidents get the blame for something they actually have very little control over they should get credit for any positive thing that happens. What has Obama done to spark jobs growth ? Still isn't very good news for guys like you Boards...work harder and get paid less....What if you only allowed 40 hour per week jobs ?...I doubt there would be any growth.

Young workers still struggle: While hiring is picking up, many of the jobs aren't high-paying ones. Millennials, in particular, have lost ground, according to a new report from the Young Invincibles, an advocacy group for that generation.
Median annual wages have fallen in nearly all of the most popular industry sectors that employ 25 to 34-year-olds over the past decade.
In retail and wholesale trade, which employs the largest share of these older Millennials, median wages plummeted 15% to $25,000. Wages in the leisure and hospitality industry fell 5% to $18,000. Only healthcare, the second most popular field, saw wages grow, albeit by a paltry 2% to $30,000.
"They are not finding the jobs they need to set them up for their long-term financial future," said Konrad Mugglestone, co-author of the report.

12 years. 1 million jobs.

1 year. 2.7 million jobs.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I guess if presidents get the blame for something they actually have very little control over they should get credit for any positive thing that happens. What has Obama done to spark jobs growth ? Still isn't very good news for guys like you Boards...work harder and get paid less....What if you only allowed 40 hour per week jobs ?...I doubt there would be any growth.

12 years.  1 million jobs.

1 year.  2.7 million jobs.
Data are simplistic at best....Good 40 hours/per wk health insurance jobs versus 20 hour per week low paying just get by jobs

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

12 years.  1 million jobs.

1 year.  2.7 million jobs.
Data are simplistic at best....Good 40 hours/per wk health insurance jobs versus 20 hour per week low paying just get by jobs

Average weekly hours have increased during Obama's time in office, so your comment is factually ignorant.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Much of your job growth is in leisure hospitality note they are 25 hours per week average...

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t23.htm
[th][/th]
Leisure and hospitality 24.8  25.1 25.2 25.2

boards of FL

boards of FL

Average weekly hours 01/2009: 33.3

Average weekly hours 12/2014: 33.9

Hmm. What would cause average weekly hours to increase?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well I researched what is causing job growth and one theme keeps popping up..Retiring Baby boomers needing to be serviced...medical, emotional, money management and general service....

So just say thank you Boards, we boomers will pay for good service....

KarlRove

KarlRove

by boards of FL Today at 1:04 pm
Really think about this fact. The last 12 years of republican presidents - over a decade of right wing executive control - netted us a little over one million jobs.

2014 alone - one year - netted 2.7 million private sector jobs.

We could literally double the number for republicans and this single year under Obama would still be better.
----
I'm sure you are proud of all those lower service industry jobs that we have already documented pay 23% less than prerecessoom jobs and have no benefits. Obama has done a. Real great job of redistributing the income of the middle class who can least afford it.

KarlRove

KarlRove

by boards of FL Today at 1:47 pm
Average weekly hours 01/2009: 33.3

Average weekly hours 12/2014: 33.9

Hmm. What would cause average weekly hours to increase?
------
A half hour increase when making minimum wages means nothing

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:The truth is self evident.  It is what it is........the President is making history.....and Republicans are making hysteria.......

Economics & Finance 10/06/2014 @ 1:10PM 6,436 views

Under Obama: One Million More Americans Have Dropped Out Of Work Force than Have Found a Job

More private sector jobs were added to the economy in 2014 alone than during the course of both Bush presidencies combined. E361e841-5c80-4bae-8809-009edf91ba54_zpsc9804b02

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevemoore/2014/10/06/under-obama-one-million-more-americans-have-dropped-out-of-work-force-than-have-found-a-job/

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

....I guess it is time for Boards to resurrect his Labor Force Participation Rate thread again.....

Is it once per week now for that one?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:....I guess it is time for Boards to resurrect his Labor Force Participation Rate thread again.....

Is it once per week now for that one?

Done.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Your title is misleading ...you tie jobs to Obama's reign.....there is little correlation between having him as president and jobs...most of his energy policies have been job killers. He benefits and is hammered by events that would occur with or without him.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Your title is misleading ...you tie jobs to Obama's reign.....there is little correlation between having him as president and jobs...most of his energy policies have been job killers. He benefits and is hammered by events that would occur with or without him.

I'm curious as to how you would explain such a vast canyon of a gap between job creation under the last two presidents from each party. We've seen the presidency go back and forth - each time to piss poor job creation under republicans to absolutely stellar job creation under democrats. We're literally moving from one end of the spectrum to the other with each change of party at the executive level. You say that this is irrelevant and has absolutely no impact on the economy whatsoever. OK. What is the alternative theory then?

Private sector jobs added by the last two democratic and last two republican presidents.

Bush 1: 1,510,000

Clinton: 20,955,000

Bush II: (462,000)

Obama: 7,005,000

Democrats: 27,960,000
Republicans: 1,048,000 (<--OUCH!!!)

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well democrats have been known to lie and cook the books. Republicans don't care that much whether people are employed or not....

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well democrats have been known to lie and cook the books. Republicans don't care that much whether people are employed or not....

OK. So the theory that you have decided to go with is that there is a conspiracy to falsify the numbers. The BLS has been infiltrated by liberals who are trying to deceive everyone. Fair enough.

How does the LPR play into that then? The LPR comes from the BLS and it is pretty much the only thing that you, Karl, and Markle post anymore. Why wouldn't the liberals account for that in their massive conspiracy?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

All I know boards is that the entire government is run by lawyers. They suck at  leading a country but are great at robbing it blind.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:All I know boards is that the entire government is run by lawyers. They suck at  leading a country but are great at robbing it blind.

So, again, how do you account for the LPR? It's pretty much the only thing republicans have pointed to over the last several years.

If we are to accept your "everything is a conspiracy" theory, how do you reconcile the LPR into that?

Have you not put that much thought into this?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I can but it's not the top of my list of things to study up on...You on the other hand are passionate about this stuff and I would like to see you run for office. I think you may actually be honest. for a democrat, maybe you could do your generation some real good. I would love dearly to see more economists in our government.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum