Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It is nice to know the character of some of our movie star heroes...coward

+4
TEOTWAWKI
nadalfan
KarlRove
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

KarlRove

KarlRove

Sal wrote:Do you honestly think a person of color could have a history of more than twenty encounters with law enforcement including two attacks on white people that resulted in serious injuries, serve only 45 days in jail, and then request a pardon after becoming a millionaire mogul?

Yes?

Then, you sir, are an idiot.

Lots of black athletes so yes....

Sal

Sal

KarlRove wrote:
Sal wrote:Do you honestly think a person of color could have a history of more than twenty encounters with law enforcement including two attacks on white people that resulted in serious injuries, serve only 45 days in jail, and then request a pardon after becoming a millionaire mogul?

Yes?

Then, you sir, are an idiot.

Lots of black athletes so yes....

Hahahahahaha ...

Yeah, if you're a talented enough slave, master will have the justice system go easy on ya.

2seaoat

You must be opposed because of the fact that he's white. He didn't choose to be white... it's not his fault.

White has nothing to do with it......a coward is a coward in any race......all pumped up and no fourth graders to box.......or throw rocks at.

2seaoat wrote:You must be opposed because of the fact that he's white. He didn't choose to be white... it's not his fault.

White has nothing to do with it......a coward is a coward in any race......all pumped up and no fourth graders to box.......or throw rocks at.

No... sorry... but by the same standArds cop killers are celebrated.

2seaoat

No... sorry... but by the same standArds cop killers are celebrated.

A sniper, a cop killer who walks up behind two police officers and shoots them, or a fifteen year old coward who terrorizes a a group of fourth graders have one thing in common......they believe what they are doing is right.

Those who celebrate a sniper, a murder of police officers, or a cowardly thug who terrorizes children also have one thing in common......they believe what was done was right. The persona of the coward was always a hateful Boston Southie who filled the movie theaters......nothing surprising that a sniper movie, or making a Southie heroic in movies will not sell tickets, and sadly when they make the cop killer movie.....cowards will go and celebrate the same......cowardice has no color barrier.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/newspaper-fights-mumia-abu-jamals-free-speech-rights

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/newspaper-fights-mumia-abu-jamals-free-speech-rights

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:

White has nothing to do with it......

You must've missed the entire history of the United States.

Sal wrote:
2seaoat wrote:

White has nothing to do with it......

You must mean the entire history of the world and human history?

2seaoat

Nope.....cowardice has no color.

2seaoat wrote:You must've missed the entire history of the United States.

Nope.....cowardice has no color.

Git ur shit str8 nancyboy... that wasn't my line.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

So Mark Wahlberg as a youngster was a bully. I don't think that's so important if his bullying didn't continue into adulthood. We all make mistakes, especially when peer groups approve. I doubt young Wahlberg was alone in his rock-throwing forays. He's from a poor section in Boston, riddled with gang and racial violence.

I give Wahlberg the benefit of the doubt. However, I cannot forgive him for his mediocre method acting. He's second rate, with a staunch following of good ole' teenage boys who cherish action flicks, lots of shootings and explosions and terrible bad guys who always are defeated by the wrapped-in-the-flag super hero. Hooooorawwwww.

Wahlberg, I suspect, is just as phony as the characters he badly portrays.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Liam Neeson hates guns but makes his living as a deadly gun toting assassin..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/14/liam-neeson-america-guns_n_6472266.html

It is nice to know the character of some of our movie star heroes...coward - Page 2 Taken-2-Liam-Neeson-Gun-2

2seaoat

A sixty something older man kicking the asz of thirty something in shape folks......the old babyboomers have put down their penthouses and playboys and now go to the movie to live another fantasy about them actually being relevant and tough guys......Hollywood knows the formula to fill seats.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Liam Neeson hates guns but makes his living as a deadly gun toting assassin..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/14/liam-neeson-america-guns_n_6472266.html

It is nice to know the character of some of our movie star heroes...coward - Page 2 Taken-2-Liam-Neeson-Gun-2

And Neeson is a very good actor.

People need to realize that actors aren't geniuses, or hero cops or soldiers or cowboys. They're just like you and me but they earn a lot more.

I remember when The Duke was alive and he would guest on some talk show and invariably, the host would ask his advice on some big problem.

Ridiculous! John Wayne never served in uniform, never participated in any real violence or a gunfight. He never led troops, and never visited Iwo Jima, etc. He had very little time between films to worry about politics (he was a hardcore republican) etc.

Yet, when I was marketing director for a major corporation headquartered in Fort Worth, it was brought to my attention that the best selling framed art in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area department stores was a poster of John Wayne as the Rooster Cogburn character from True Grit.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:You must be opposed because of the fact that he's white. He didn't choose to be white... it's not his fault.

The young black kids he harassed and threw rocks at didn't pick their skin-color either ...

Vikingwoman

How does anybody even know any of that is true? Now Seaoat has contempt for someone because he read a headline in the newspaper. Really?

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:A sixty something older man kicking the asz of thirty something in shape folks......the old babyboomers have put down their penthouses and playboys and now go to the movie to live another fantasy about them actually being relevant and tough guys......Hollywood knows the formula to fill seats.

Funny Seaoat, until my bilateral pulmonary embolism I consistently smoked the younger guys in PT, especially the run. Now, I only care to run an nine minute mile and plod along. When I was a young Marine I was in Lt Col Wesley Fox's battalion. I watched him as a 50 year old man hump the 26 miles between Camp Hansen and Camp Schwab in Okinawa and walk up and down the column talking up his men and occasionally carrying some troop's ruck sack along with his own when they were struggling. No, not trying to be tough guys....some actually are tough. Fox won the Medal of Honor in Vietnam a decade and a half before that.

2seaoat

There is a huge difference between fifty and sixty two. At fifty I still played over a hundred rounds of golf, played on a basketball team with two games a week, and played on a softball team. At sixty two.....12 rounds a golf, no basketball, and no softball. It is hilarious that people buy into this fantasy. Hollywood knows the formula.

As to my opinion of what our coward did, it was not based on a headline, but what a grown woman described as a fourth grader the terror and the scar she still carries where she was hit by one of the rocks he threw. Yes, I am very comfortable about my condemnation of this coward........somebody if you have listened to him being interviewed is quite religious now........and quite outspoken in support of war. He remains a bad person.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:
2seaoat wrote:A sixty something older man kicking the asz of thirty something in shape folks......the old babyboomers have put down their penthouses and playboys and now go to the movie to live another fantasy about them actually being relevant and tough guys......Hollywood knows the formula to fill seats.

Funny Seaoat, until my bilateral pulmonary embolism I consistently smoked the younger guys in PT, especially the run. Now, I only care to run an nine minute mile and plod along. When I was a young Marine I was in Lt Col Wesley Fox's battalion. I watched him as a 50 year old man hump the 26 miles between Camp Hansen and Camp Schwab in Okinawa and walk up and down the column talking up his men and occasionally carrying some troop's ruck sack along with his own when they were struggling. No, not trying to be tough guys....some actually are tough. Fox won the Medal of Honor in Vietnam a decade and a half before that.

Hey, War Hero -- Just what was Lt. Col. Fox fighting for in Vietnam? No disrespect to the Jarhead officer. The enemies for Fox and friends were of two types -- Vietnamese fighting to reunite their country against foreign invaders -- innocent Vietnamese people. Anyone with a brain recognizes that we were fighting for Imperialism, and they were fighting for their freedom. The Americans who fought there and lived, along with the 58,000 who didn't, were all victims. But ultimately, it would appear, both sides won: the U.S. successfully does business with Vietnamese firms now. Thousands of American tourists visit the country.

As for me, it's hard to cheer for our guys who were, and are, so terribly exploited by our country's leaders.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum