Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

American Smiper is BS only if you were ashamed of your own service and you know you didn't contribute

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
TEOTWAWKI
Wordslinger
KarlRove
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

KarlRove

KarlRove

Just sayin'

Yep, the only people whining are those who were obviously folks who feel their service didnt measure up.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:Just sayin'

Yep, the only people whining are those who were obviously folks who feel their service didnt measure up.

Hey airhead, try and grasp this: you're the only one here who gives a shit about whether their service did or didn't measure up.

I have the strongest feeling that measuring up is something you've always been afraid to do.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

yeah the military does a good job of killing it's finest if they start losing their propaganda value...dead soldiers are inspiring...

Jessica Lynch's comrades

Pat Tillman

Chris Kyle

Etc

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/291003lynchrescuers.html

Eerily enough, four of Pfc. Lynch's rescuers and colleagues have met an early demise.

Petty Officer First Class David M. Tapper died of wounds received in Afghanistan. He took part in the rescue.

Lance Cpl. Sok Khak Ung was killed in a drive-by shooting. He was also part of the rescue team.

Spc Josh Daniel Speer died when his car crashed into some trees for no apparent reason. He was part of the rescue team.
Kyle Edward Williams, who worked in the same company as Lynch, died of "suicide".

"A Tucson man was shot to death outside a West Side hotel Wednesday after breaking into a vehicle and being confronted by its owner, an Army soldier, who shot him in the back and fled, police said Friday.

The soldier, Spc. Kyle Edward Williams, 21, was found dead outside San Diego on Thursday and officials believe he committed suicide with one of the seven firearms he had been carrying with him.

He left no note to explain the suicide or why he fired six shots at Noah P. Gamez, also 21, after spotting the man stealing an ice chest from his Jeep.

Williams spent seven months in the Middle East as part of the 507th Maintenance Company, the same unit as Pfc. Jessica Lynch, Army officials said.

He didn't have any disciplinary or mental health problems before he left Fort Bliss, Texas, at the end of September for 20 days of leave before moving to a new military job, the officials said."

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Wordslinger wrote:
KarlRove wrote:Just sayin'

Hey airhead, try and grasp this: you're the only one here who gives a shit about whether their service did or didn't measure up.

I have the strongest feeling that measuring up is something you've always been afraid to do.

He is very bellicose about his military service and continually reminds us he is a "combat vet." Unusual, to say the least.... Most I have come across who have 'smelled the smoke' of combat are not braggarts about it.

Perhaps he is just trying to win converts to his view of things (which he has obviously failed at....). If he would seek treatment for his PTSD, it would help him very much.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I am not calling it BS, and I certainly am not calling a sniper a hero. I have zero shame about not serving this country, because I was available, ready, willing, and able when we had a draft, and my number was 305 and they only went to 75 as the Viet Nam war was winding down. I remained 1A, but they did not need me. I certainly had other career paths than the military, and I did not feel my country was threatened by communism or some Vietnamese who wanted to end colonial rule of their land.

The movie may be entertaining, but when you watch some of the documentaries on the ethnic cleansing in Yugoslavia and the role of snipers in the same.......well heroic would not be a word I would apply. I would say it is just one more tool to kill and maim an alleged enemy. We used our tools. I am certain innocent people were killed, and I am certain folks were killed who if they were not shot would have hurt our troops. Heroic. I have another concept for the same.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote: I have zero shame about not serving this country, because I was available, ready, willing,

No way I would fight in any of the wars the U.S. has engaged in my lifetime.

They've served nothing but corporatist interests.

Fuck that shit.

I've got better things to do.

2seaoat

I would be lying if I said I was gung ho after reading the Pentagon Papers, but in Junior High one of our instructors was a reservist who just got back from Viet Nam, and he had us pumped up on the awful things Charlie was doing....we were impressionistic kids and all of us were watching John Wayne shows, including at that time a movie called Green Berets. By my senior year in high school when that summer after graduation I got my draft number, I had already been accepted to the university and paid my entire room and board and tuition for the first year.....I was committed. I had not applied for a student deferral because I thought the draft for me would be next year, and was shocked to find out that the first draft was my draft. With a 305 number I never changed my status from 1a, but I still thought of war in a World War II sense of America as the good guys saving people from bad guys.....just the way it was.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I can't remember what my draft lottery number was back in 1970. It was lower than 305, though. I got a 2S student deferment, but I was looking for a way in back then. I wanted to be a Naval aviator, but could not find a program route to get there. Then in 1971, the Marines sent an officer-recruitment team to the junior college I was attending, advertising their Platoon Leader's Class (PLC) program. I hitched onto that program and started my training with the Marines in the summer of 1972. That is how I ended up in the Marines. I still became a Naval aviator, only I flew for the Marines.

KarlRove

KarlRove

You can post what you want and I will post what I want. Get over it all of you. The only one bragging about my service is you ZVUG. Would you like to see my Post 9-11 GI Bill statement of days of service just since 9-11 which qualify me for 100% tuition, books and stipend? You just don't get that for chilling stateside. By the way, TY for paying for that with your taxes. I'm enjoying the fact that I get to go to school for free.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:You can post what you want and I will post what I want. Get over it all of you. The only one bragging about my service is you ZVUG. Would you like to see my Post 9-11 GI Bill statement of days of service just since 9-11 which qualify me for 100% tuition, books and stipend? You just don't get that for chilling stateside. By the way, TY for paying for that with your taxes. I'm enjoying the fact that I get to go to school for free.

Perhaps they need to make a movie about you then.......  What a Face

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Pacedog, as a vet who served overseas I can tell you that whiny, bragging assholes like you who continually harp about their great sacrifice and service, disgust me. You come across like some weird GI Joe wannabe.

Tell us all how you saved us from the bad guys again ...

We're all ears.

Q: Did anyone in your outfit trust you?

KarlRove

KarlRove

Wordslinger wrote:Pacedog, as a vet who served overseas I can tell you that whiny, bragging assholes like you who continually harp about their great sacrifice and service, disgust me.  You come across like some weird GI Joe wannabe.

We're all ears.  

Q:  Did anyone in your outfit trust you?

As long as you are responding, I am winning. Everything you don't like, you perceive as a threat. I wonder why that is? can you tell us?

KarlRove

KarlRove

by ZVUGKTUBM Today at 1:16 am
KarlRove wrote:

You can post what you want and I will post what I want. Get over it all of you. The only one bragging about my service is you ZVUG. Would you like to see my Post 9-11 GI Bill statement of days of service just since 9-11 which qualify me for 100% tuition, books and stipend? You just don't get that for chilling stateside. By the way, TY for paying for that with your taxes. I'm enjoying the fact that I get to go to school for free.

Perhaps they need to make a movie about you then.......
-----
No thanks. Wouid hate to see how you denigrate me afterward

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:by ZVUGKTUBM Today at 1:16 am
KarlRove wrote:

Perhaps they need to make a movie about you then.......  
-----
No thanks.  Wouid hate to see how you denigrate me afterward

Try and grasp this War Hero: you are denigrated because you are an immature, individual who is continually negative, insulting, and a regular PIA. You think at an 8th grade level, and you are desperate to receive respect and applause -- both of which you obviously fail to get on this forum.

I'm firmly convinced you're not here to debate subjects, and persuade anyone to your point of view. No. You're only here to insult people who think differently than you. You actually wrote today in response to one of my comments that if I respond to your statements, you win.

Your a poor, sick, whiny little sonofabitch and you really do need help kiddo.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Pacedog, as a vet who served overseas I can tell you that whiny, bragging assholes like you who continually harp about their great sacrifice and service, disgust me.  You come across like some weird GI Joe wannabe.

We're all ears.  

Q:  Did anyone in your outfit trust you?

As long as you are responding, I am winning. Everything you don't like, you perceive as a threat. I wonder why that is? can you tell us?

Sure. Religion is a threat to cultural harmony. War is stupid and wasteful. Glorifying and idolizing military figures is truly a threat to peace. People who oppose science in order to push their religious point of view are a threat to America and the world -- as they strive to make our government a theocracy -- no different whatever from the Muslim jihad movement you declare are so dangerous and smarmy. I'm against denying people access to healthcare, a good education, or the right to vote based on their color or creed, or financial status. I'm deadset against war-mongers like you and your contemporaries who continually advocate slaughtering citizens from other countries because we have the means to do so.

If that isn't enough, let me know. There's plenty of evil I'm against.

Now it's my turn. Name and locate ONE Nogo zone run by Muslims in France, England or the U.S.A.

And you have won nothing by your continual whining. People respond to your idiotic threads to see you fall on your ass ... which happens most of the time.

Get help kid. You need it.

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote: I am certain innocent people were killed, and I am certain folks were killed who if they were not shot would have hurt our troops.   Heroic.   I have another concept for the same.

Innocents are FAR less likely to be killed or wounded by a sniper than - let's say - a missile fired from a drone. You know - the current administrations favorite tool for scratching names off a certain Presidents kill list.....the collateral damage - women, kids, American citizens are just unlucky they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Right?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

gatorfan wrote:
2seaoat wrote: I am certain innocent people were killed, and I am certain folks were killed who if they were not shot would have hurt our troops.   Heroic.   I have another concept for the same.

Innocents are FAR less likely to be killed or wounded by a sniper than - let's say - a missile fired from a drone. You know - the current administrations favorite tool for scratching names off a certain Presidents kill list.....the collateral damage - women, kids, American citizens are just unlucky they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Right?

First, my problem with the American Sniper film isn't because "innocents" were killed by Chris Kyle. In the film, every one of Kyle's targets was an active opponent against American troops. I'm not a great fan of drone warfare either.

The thing I object to in the movie, was that Iraqi freedom fighters (yes, that's what most of them were) -- were resisting unlawful invasion and occupation by a foreign army. If you're the invader, anyone who resists you is an "insurgent." If someone invades your country and you fight against their presence, you're a Patriot.

gatorfan

Wordslinger wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

First, my problem with the American Sniper film isn't because "innocents" were killed by Chris Kyle.  In the film, every one of Kyle's targets was an active opponent against American troops.  I'm not a great fan of drone warfare either.

The thing I object to in the movie, was that Iraqi freedom fighters (yes, that's what most of them were) -- were resisting unlawful invasion and occupation by a foreign army.  If you're the invader, anyone who resists you is an "insurgent."  If someone invades your country and you fight against their presence, you're a Patriot.

I can't speak to the movie because I haven't and don't intend to see it. One other thing to keep in mind, even though it's a major mistake for us to fight anywhere in the Mideast over "terrorist threats" I do know most of the insurgents, if that's what you want to call them, aren't from the various countries they are fighting in. Most are simply mercenaries being paid to fight for the real terrorists who are really only after power and money, the root cause of most "wars" in spite of rhetoric to the contrary.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

gatorfan wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

First, my problem with the American Sniper film isn't because "innocents" were killed by Chris Kyle.  In the film, every one of Kyle's targets was an active opponent against American troops.  I'm not a great fan of drone warfare either.

The thing I object to in the movie, was that Iraqi freedom fighters (yes, that's what most of them were) -- were resisting unlawful invasion and occupation by a foreign army.  If you're the invader, anyone who resists you is an "insurgent."  If someone invades your country and you fight against their presence, you're a Patriot.

I can't speak to the movie because I haven't and don't intend to see it. One other thing to keep in mind, even though it's a major mistake for us to fight anywhere in the Mideast over "terrorist threats" I do know most of the insurgents, if that's what you want to call them, aren't from the various countries they are fighting in. Most are simply mercenaries being paid to fight for the real terrorists who are really only after power and money, the root cause of most "wars" in spite of rhetoric to the contrary.
The Saudis are stealth terrorists funding this morass over there and a lot of it here.

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:
Innocents are FAR less likely to be killed or wounded by a sniper than - let's say - a missile fired from a drone.

I'm so fucking sick of this sophistic bullshit comparison.

Military snipers are normally a component of an invasion and/or occupation force.

Do you seriously think that more "innocents" are maimed, killed, and/or displaced by targeted drone strikes or full-blown invasions?

Get yer head outta yer ass, already ...

gatorfan

Sal wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
Innocents are FAR less likely to be killed or wounded by a sniper than - let's say - a missile fired from a drone.

I'm so fucking sick of this sophistic bullshit comparison.

Military snipers are normally a component of an invasion and/or occupation force.

Do you seriously think that more "innocents" are maimed, killed, and/or displaced by targeted drone strikes or full-blown invasions?

Get yer head outta yer ass, already ...

Hey dumb shit, try to stay on task if that's at all possible. The discussion is about a sniper not a full scale army moron. And yes, I KNOW snipers are more precise than a drone strike. Geez what a fucking idiot.

American Smiper is BS only if you were ashamed of your own service and you know you didn't contribute  Drone

vs

http://www.military.com/video/specialties-and-personnel/snipers/ied-planter-torn-apart-by-us-sniper-fire/1537006121001/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I wonder if there's a sniper shotgun?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

gatorfan wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

During the Iraq war, foreign Muslim fighters, including those of Al Qaida, were greatly outnumbered by Iraqi Sunni fighters whom we stupidly made our number one enemy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum