Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question About Concealed Carry License

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Since I got my concealed carry license I have been carrying my weapon in and inside the pants holster. I carry it this way even when I am in my vehicle. Someone that does not even have a CCWL told me that this was illegal. He told me that when I am in my vehicle my weapon must be kept hidden in the glove compartment or in the center console and must be unloaded.

I have searched the statute on concealed carry and have been unable to verify this.

Can someone with more knowledge of Florida's CCWL verify this as true or not?

Thanks

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Since I got my concealed carry license I have been carrying my weapon in and inside the pants holster. I carry it this way even when I am in my vehicle. Someone that does not even have a CCWL told me that this was illegal. He told me that when I am in my vehicle my weapon must be kept hidden in the glove compartment or in the center console and must be unloaded.

I have searched the statute on concealed carry and have been unable to verify this.

Thanks
You're good to go with it but I would have it where it's easier to get to when I'm sitting.. The console works for me..It can be loaded in the console or glove box for anybody too..No need for a permit when it's stored..

Lurch wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Since I got my concealed carry license I have been carrying my weapon in and inside the pants holster. I carry it this way even when I am in my vehicle. Someone that does not even have a CCWL told me that this was illegal. He told me that when I am in my vehicle my weapon must be kept hidden in the glove compartment or in the center console and must be unloaded.

Thanks
You're good to go with it but I would have it where it's easier to get to when I'm sitting.. The console works for me..It can be loaded in the console or glove box for anybody too..No need for a permit when it's stored..

Thank you sir.

I don't see any provisions in the Florida Statutes against carrying, except for the items noted below. Keep in mind that I am no expert on weapons, though...

In State Forests:

790.11 Carrying firearms in national forests prohibited.--Except during the hunting season as established by law, no person shall carry, on or about his or her person, or in any vehicle in which such person may be riding, or on any animal which such person may be using, within the limits of a national forest area within the state, any gun or firearm of any description whatever, without first having obtained a permit as hereinafter prescribed except on state roads when securely locked within a vehicle.

Prohibited in a vehicle at a School 790.115(2)(a)3.

Full text of the Florida Statute http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0790/ch0790.htm (Hit Control and the letter F to do a word search)

Whoever told you that is severly misinformed. There are limits to where you can carry but those are clearly described in the regs. I have an IWB holster and rarely remove the weapon from it when I am in my truck unless I am driving for a distance then I just stick it in the console. Loaded!

Thanks all for the advice. I thought he was just speaking out his ass but I just wanted to play it safe. With yalls advice and not being able to find anything in the statutes, I am more at easy now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum