This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida. Feel free to discuss anything you like. Everything is in-bounds here.


You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

FOUND ON A BLOG:

I just saw a repost from a Facebook page - An alleged comment on the Affordable Care Act FB page states that a person had signed up online, under the $45-55,000 income range, pre-existing condition of type I diabetes. They chose the "Silver" plan...

Their premium came back as $597 per month, with an almost $14,000 annual deductible! And when the person clicked the "opt out" option, they shortly received an e-mail stating that their fine would be $4,037, and could be attached to their annual tax return. And if you don't have the $4,037 on time, then the repercussions for non-payment begin with your drivers license being suspended until the fine is paid, and if it goes 24 months without payment, a tax lien is placed on you property. It gives you the option to provide your bank info so your penalties can be withdrawn weekly, or biweekly, etc.

damned

That comes out to about $350/month for not opting in, or $597 plus pretty much all your medical expenses for the year out of pocket (deductible) - unless you have some type of major surgery or catastrophic illness, which you then get to cough up $14,000 plus your monthly payments for. If you get that sick, do they suddenly put you on the financial assistance/reduced raters, since you obviously cannot work?

View user profile
JUST ADD TO THE CONFUSION THAT OBAMACARE IS:

They can't suspend your drivers license, they can't put a lien on your property, garnish your wages, or do any kind of criminal penalty if you don't pay the Obamacare penalty.

What they can do, is suspend any government payments you receive, take it out of any income tax refund you would ordinarily be getting, or suspend any government contracts you have...

However, if you pay your taxes on April 15 like I do, don't get any government payments, and don't have any government contracts, the worst they can do is sue you in civil court. And IF they win, they can only collect the Penalty X2...meaning they'll probably spend five or six times as much collecting the penalty that they actual penalty was...

View user profile
I'd want to see that at some reputable news site or equal. I have heard from numerous sources that the deductibles are extremely high as are the co-pays.

View user profile
Look... four out of every three people support punishing the anarchists against communism. Round em up comrades.

View user profile
If there is a spot of truth in this story then Obamacare is gonna suck so bad there may be a revolution....comrade

View user profile
Just on the face of it this has to be a bogus story mainly because this is only the sign up period. People are on the exchanges looking around and comparing policies. Naturally there are different levels of participation meaning you can purchase a low premium policy with high deductibles or a more costly policy that covers more items and has a lower deductible.

As for the penalties, what I see on TV is showing the penalty for non-participation in the first year will not exceed 1% of the persons income or a certain amount, whichever is greater. One would think that if a person made a decent living they would already have health insurance so it makes me wonder how many huge fines might be triggered by non-participation.

Just a side note: I find it very aggravating and an ethical lapse that people will think nothing of posting (I don't mean here in this case but the original FB posting story) stories about some person having their drivers license suspended, or the threat thereof and all the rest of it without a care in the world as to the truth/validity of what they are saying.

I stand by my position that there are many things in the world to become upset or concerned about, things that are REAL, without making things up and just upsetting and misleading people.


For 2014, the flat fee is $95 per adult and $47.50 per child, up to $285 per family. Or the penalty could be 1% of family income, if that results in a larger fine. (Income is defined as total income above the filing threshold, which is $10,000 for an individual and $20,000 for a family in 2013.)

http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/13/news/economy/obamacare-penalty/index.html

View user profile
TEOTWAWKI wrote:JUST ADD TO THE CONFUSION THAT OBAMACARE IS:

They can't suspend your drivers license, they can't put a lien on your property, garnish your wages, or do any kind of criminal penalty if you don't pay the Obamacare penalty.

What they can do, is suspend any government payments you receive, take it out of any income tax refund you would ordinarily be getting, or suspend any government contracts you have...

However, if you pay your taxes on April 15 like I do, don't get any government payments, and don't have any government contracts, the worst they can do is sue you in civil court. And IF they win, they can only collect the Penalty X2...meaning they'll probably spend five or six times as much collecting the penalty that they actual penalty was...
Please cite your reliable source. If it is a tax, the penalty, IRS will be collecting it as part of your income and SS and Medicare payment. As such, they can put a lien on your house and the Fed. Government can garnish wages. As you know, they are hiring about 16,000 new agents to administer ObamaCare.

View user profile
Yep, a person making 437k a year is going to be walking around without insurance.......more of the usual.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Yep, a person making 437k a year is going to be walking around without insurance.......more of the usual.
Who said anything about making $437k a year is going to be without insurance? Someone making that much is probably self insured.

View user profile
Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:JUST ADD TO THE CONFUSION THAT OBAMACARE IS:

They can't suspend your drivers license, they can't put a lien on your property, garnish your wages, or do any kind of criminal penalty if you don't pay the Obamacare penalty.

What they can do, is suspend any government payments you receive, take it out of any income tax refund you would ordinarily be getting, or suspend any government contracts you have...

However, if you pay your taxes on April 15 like I do, don't get any government payments, and don't have any government contracts, the worst they can do is sue you in civil court. And IF they win, they can only collect the Penalty X2...meaning they'll probably spend five or six times as much collecting the penalty that they actual penalty was...
Please cite your reliable source.  If it is a tax, the penalty, IRS will be collecting it as part of your income and SS and Medicare payment.  As such, they can put a lien on your house and the Fed. Government can garnish wages.  As you know, they are hiring about 16,000 new agents to administer ObamaCare.


Oh yeah? Not according to this from factcheck.org. Sounds like a Ron Paul idea.

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/03/irs-expansion/

View user profile
Teo thinks nothing about post information to upset the masses.

View user profile
Dreamsglore wrote:Teo thinks nothing about post information to upset the masses.
Well I did put a question mark in the title. The masses need their collective asses kicked for putting that criminal in the White House ...twice. Fool me once shame on Bush fool me twice done got fooled again.

View user profile
Dreamsglore wrote:Teo thinks nothing about post information to upset the masses.
Who is he upsetting?

View user profile
Ghost Rider wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Teo thinks nothing about post information to upset the masses.
Who is he upsetting?
The people who need Obamacare like the lady in my office last week who was paralyzed from a mass in her spine and was sent home because she had no health insurance. Yes, they said there was nothing more they could do after three weeks in the hospital.

View user profile
Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Teo thinks nothing about post information to upset the masses.
Who is he upsetting?
The people who need Obamacare like the lady in my office last week who was paralyzed from a mass in her spine and was sent home because she had no health insurance. Yes, they said there was nothing more they could do after three weeks in the hospital.
Teo, you should be ashamed of yourself for scaring that lady in dreams office.

dreams, you should stop showing people in your office teo's post. that wasn't nice. Laughing 

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum