Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Papantonio: Dumbing Down America for Political Gain

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
KarlRove
Floridatexan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

See the e-book link in the book section...The Authoritarians. Everyone should read this.

KarlRove

KarlRove

He is referring to low info voters that the DNC depends on for votes.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:He is referring to low info voters that the DNC depends on for votes.

As opposed to brainwashed partisans like yourself, which the right depends on for votes?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I listen to some pretty incredible conversations at the poker table. People from 20 to 40 have a terrible deficit in history and current politics. The way they will actually talk out loud with such ignorance about how the world works. It is not limited to politics. I heard a debate last week with some people who really thought they were intelligent discussing if the NFL started in the early 50s or late 40s. These were not 20 year olds and one lady was at least 60. They all have nice homes down here and have good jobs. I dress like a street person when I play poker, so I quietly said that George Halas played for the Yankees in the late teens and the league started sometime after that.....they scoffed like I was a fool. The phones come out and lo and behold the know it alls were only thirty years off. It is not limited to politics. America is getting information in bits and pieces and not from reading where the reader builds a slow paradigm of the way the world is.......we have people being schooled in the Paris Hilton school of relevancy.

KarlRove

KarlRove

People like Z only care about American Idol.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Papantonio.......LOL

That man and his guest are so FOS! Out right liars. But you libs enjoy.

Couldn't watch the whole clip, but there are 5 minutes I'll never get back.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I don't know the man personally, but I would say he's got a handle on what's happening in this country. I hope I do get to meet him. He's right about this. It has happened to my immediate family while I wasn't looking, because I live here and not there. My sister was actually bemoaning the fact that Dish Network dropped Fox. To me, that could only be a good thing. Any other country would have shut down that bunch of liars long ago...you want to talk about political correctness...but what should be done when people lie every single day? And please don't bother telling me that Fox doesn't lie. You'd be wasting your breath.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Floridatexan wrote:
I don't know the man personally, but I would say he's got a handle on what's happening in this country.  I hope I do get to meet him.  He's right about this.  It has happened to my immediate family while I wasn't looking, because I live here and not there.  My sister was actually bemoaning the fact that Dish Network dropped Fox.  To me, that could only be a good thing.  Any other country would have shut down that bunch of liars long ago...you want to talk about political correctness...but what should be done when people lie every single day?  And please don't bother telling me that Fox doesn't lie.  You'd be wasting your breath.

One tiny network in a multitude of Obama defenders and you are whining.

Lisa12

I am certainly no fan of Fox News, but I have to agree with KarlRove's response above.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

KarlRove wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
I don't know the man personally, but I would say he's got a handle on what's happening in this country.  I hope I do get to meet him.  He's right about this.  It has happened to my immediate family while I wasn't looking, because I live here and not there.  My sister was actually bemoaning the fact that Dish Network dropped Fox.  To me, that could only be a good thing.  Any other country would have shut down that bunch of liars long ago...you want to talk about political correctness...but what should be done when people lie every single day?  And please don't bother telling me that Fox doesn't lie.  You'd be wasting your breath.

One tiny network in a multitude of Obama defenders and you are whining.

Fox is the best known and most widely watched network for "political" news but to say it is just one network in a multitude of Obama defenders really misses the point. I have to roll my eyes whenever I see a reference made to the "liberal media". The media will only be as liberal as the corporations that own it.

If you recall the news coverage during the buildup to the second Iraq war, W's war, there was a parade of retired military guys supposedly debating the war. Their debate was largely over which tactics would be most effective not about whether the whole idea of invading Iraq was a good one or not.

In the meantime there were huge demonstrations in this country and around the world against any sort of war. Did the networks show those? No. Why not? They are in the business of helping the PTB form public opinion. Even with the deck stacked against the ordinary citizen the big wheels still so far feel the need to create public support for their policies. All the networks were on board with this slant on the proposed war effort, not just Fox News.

We ARE being dumbed down, all/most of us. It is a concerted effort and it is not just by Fox it is by every corporate news outlet you can name.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum