Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I keep hearing the troll liberals saying we've spent 5 trillion on the wars in Iraq and Astan, but Congress says you are all liars

+7
Markle
boards of FL
Sal
Wordslinger
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
KarlRove
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

othershoe1030 wrote:Sad to say stability and freedom/democracy do not always go hand in hand. The region was a lot more stable when it was run by strong-arm dictators like Saddam in Iraq. Bush senior had enough sense to leave him in power but W couldn't stand it and by some reports planned an invasion well before 911. W's dream of installing a democracy as a model for the region was just a pipe dream. One thing has lead to another and we see the mess that has followed.
Incredibly the wishfully infallible Bush/Cheney administration think it all turned out really well and even knowing what they know today would do it all over again. Why would we trust our foreign policy to the Republicans when they can't even accurately assess the present much less recognize the consequences of their actions?

If it was stability we were aiming for we should have just left the region alone.

I keep hearing the troll liberals saying we've spent 5 trillion on the wars in Iraq and Astan, but Congress says you are all liars - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPeV-NJfGO5OyjjX8pzjfv_ccA3mHslzsauPc6bHobSrBvB940

Yes of course... Allowing the strong-arm dictators to commit genocide and general all around butchering and torturing of their own people is always a more reasonable solution.....

Then why bitch about how the police operate in this country? If a grand jury says 'no indictment', especially if the guy is resisting arrest, then there's no reason to complain.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Damaged Eagle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Sad to say stability and freedom/democracy do not always go hand in hand. The region was a lot more stable when it was run by strong-arm dictators like Saddam in Iraq. Bush senior had enough sense to leave him in power but W couldn't stand it and by some reports planned an invasion well before 911. W's dream of installing a democracy as a model for the region was just a pipe dream. One thing has lead to another and we see the mess that has followed.
Incredibly the wishfully infallible Bush/Cheney administration think it all turned out really well and even knowing what they know today would do it all over again. Why would we trust our foreign policy to the Republicans when they can't even accurately assess the present much less recognize the consequences of their actions?

If it was stability we were aiming for we should have just left the region alone.

I keep hearing the troll liberals saying we've spent 5 trillion on the wars in Iraq and Astan, but Congress says you are all liars - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPeV-NJfGO5OyjjX8pzjfv_ccA3mHslzsauPc6bHobSrBvB940

Yes of course... Allowing the strong-arm dictators to commit genocide and general all around butchering and torturing of their own people is always a more reasonable solution.....

Then why bitch about how the police operate in this country? If a grand jury says 'no indictment', especially if the guy is resisting arrest, then there's no reason to complain.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Iraq and the region, in case you haven't noticed, have a grossly different culture than we have here in the states. Yes, it would have been better to let him stay in power and keep a lid on the people there. At least then he would be cutting off the heads of his own people (sorry SOB that he was) instead of a situation we now have where the crazies have been set loose and are cutting off the heads of foreigners, some of whom are Americans.

Let's also count the many lives of wonderful people who volunteered to go to war there in our name who never came home or came home in pieces both physical and emotional. That also would be an added benefit of not having messed with the region.

As for demanding respectful policing in our own country...yes that is what we require and it is not to be compared with societies that have existed for thousand of years in a land far, far away. It is not a valid comparison. Context matters.

othershoe1030 wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Iraq and the region, in case you haven't noticed, have a grossly different culture than we have here in the states. Yes, it would have been better to let him stay in power and keep a lid on the people there. At least then he would be cutting off the heads of his own people (sorry SOB that he was) instead of a situation we now have where the crazies have been set loose and are cutting off the heads of foreigners, some of whom are Americans.

So did Germany... and the police culture in the United States.

othershoe1030 wrote:Let's also count the many lives of wonderful people who volunteered to go to war there in our name who never came home or came home in pieces both physical and emotional. That also would be an added benefit of not having messed with the region.

I'm sure the Viet Nam vets appreciated all the active liberal sentiment of how wonderful they were when they came home also... Or how some liberal posters around here see no difference between retirement benefits and welfare benefits for those of us who have voluntarily served.

othershoe1030 wrote:As for demanding respectful policing in our own country...yes that is what we require and it is not to be compared with societies that have existed for thousand of years in a land far, far away. It is not a valid comparison. Context matters.

You mean respectful like not firing on a crowd that surrounds them and starts throwing bricks at them like the crowd did yesterday morning?

Respect has to work both ways... If I had been the policeman in charge at the scene they would have been fired upon with bean bags once the bricks started flying, after a short warning, and made sure the whole group, if possible, was arrested for obstruction of justice.

So much for reasonableness, 'peaceful protests', and cooperating with law enforcement.

I keep hearing the troll liberals saying we've spent 5 trillion on the wars in Iraq and Astan, but Congress says you are all liars - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQi-tnlKOaOXp2ftOZIzgFyboJytYaG0TjJvH0PTdaZQf482V03xg

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ljy6PTbX9I

Smile

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

How did a thread about the Iraq war turn into a thread about the Missouri violence?

I keep hearing the troll liberals saying we've spent 5 trillion on the wars in Iraq and Astan, but Congress says you are all liars - Page 2 Nose-p13

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

I keep hearing the troll liberals saying we've spent 5 trillion on the wars in Iraq and Astan, but Congress says you are all liars - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaEsaC2-RWLghAwMvrVzodvij4oQfRt288shr0tOKl_Jdychay7g

How did bombing wedding parties for one or two suspected terrorists and sovereign nations, without Congressional approval, while killing thousands in the process become sound American policy. Oh!!!!! That's right. It's more effective and costs less than boots on the ground and the people in those countries just love us for taking out a whole lot of innocents..... Maybe we should issue the police drones and cruise missiles so they can do their job too. After they take out a few hoodlum gang bangers and looters with their new equipment, along with any one else that happens to be in the area, things will calm down in places like Missouri.

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ljy6PTbX9I

Smile

I keep hearing the troll liberals saying we've spent 5 trillion on the wars in Iraq and Astan, but Congress says you are all liars - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQS6i88eHVbYmKLJg0fr33pmGrGjlEJ5pgVOjUNsBgcU7ZtF5fZEg

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj1Q_BAqwa8

Smile

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:Markle - and republicans - can't even make accurate forecasts for the short-term or in areas that are somewhat obvious;  hence why it is funny to see Markle citing "unfunded liabilities", which - correct me if I'm wrong - use a 75 year timeline.

This phrase is overused, but here it applies more than anywhere else.  You really can't make this stuff up.

By a show of hands, who here has any confidence at all in Markle's ability to accurately assess government budgets 75 years into the future?  Better yet, who here has any confidence in Markle's ability to even remember the last thread that he ran away from?

Don't all raise your hands at once now!

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t17901-speaking-of-hilarious-predictions-from-republicans

You need to take that up with your comrade 2seaoat do you not?

It isn't difficult to carry expenses out 75 years is it? Not when you know current expenses, population demographics and other factors.

I don't run from threads, once they reach a point of repetition, I have no interest. Nothing you say is going to make me a Progressive and nothing I say will convince you that personal responsibility will lead to a better country.

2seaoat

It isn't difficult to carry expenses out 75 years is it? Not when you know current expenses, population demographics and other factors.

Ahhhhh thank you. I bet you had a difficult time with algebra when you are only able to work one side of an equation. The answer is revenues. You do not even like that word in your vocabulary. You see if you talked about the intentional reduction of revenues the explanation of debt becomes obvious, and conversely if you intentionally increase revenues the explanation of elimination of debt becomes obvious. Debt is not a problem when tax rates return to mid 1980 levels.......However 1/3 of our national debt was created by unneccesary wars and even more unnecessary tax cuts. This has nothing to do with liberal or conservative.....it has everything to do with math.

What leads you to believe that there will be any correlation between the amount the govt takes in...

and how much debt it piles up? You're a rather easy mark eh?

2seaoat

The model is clear. Ike showed us how to bring in revenue, reduce debt, and have spectacular GDP growth.....it is easy, but it starts with returning revenue to government to pay its obligations and not allow the theft and transfer of wealth.

The largest "obligation" appears to be the transfer of wealth from the producers to the takers.

Great system if you're a slug I guess.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2014/07/16/CBO-Warns-Unchecked-Entitlement-Spending-Unsustainable

July 16, 2014

ere’s more bad news for President Obama: The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office warned Tuesday in its annual budget outlook that unchecked spending on Medicare, Social Security and other entitlement programs is “unsustainable” and will eventually drive the federally held debt to historic levels – and threaten the economy.

While the administration last week celebrated an improving economy and steadily declining budget deficit, the new CBO report says the long-term debt could reach the equivalent of 100 percent of the overall economy within 25 years. Publicly held debt, by contrast, currently equals about 74 percent of the Gross Domestic Product.

At the same time, most other government programs and services – so-called discretionary spending that is essential to the smooth operation of government –would be severely squeezed.

After several more years of declining deficits and overall debt, budget deficits will begin to rise again. “Debt would be on an upward path relative to the size of the economy, a trend that could not be sustained indefinitely,” says the CBO’s 2014 Long-Term Budget Outlook.

Last edited by PkrBum on 12/25/2014, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

The largest "obligation" appears to be the transfer of wealth from the producers to the takers.

What a perverse view of America. I see the slugs as those who receive corporate subsidy, those who receive agriculture subsidy, those who receive 85 billion of loan guarantees because they are banks too big to fail, and the 1% who have seen their tax rates cut in half......yes.....slugs are easy to identify.

2seaoat wrote:The largest "obligation" appears to be the transfer of wealth from the producers to the takers.

What a perverse view of America. I see the slugs as those who receive corporate subsidy, those who receive agriculture subsidy, those who receive 85 billion of loan guarantees because they are banks too big to fail, and the 1% who have seen their tax rates cut in half......yes.....slugs are easy to identify.

If you think that you've made a point that I support... you're sadly mistaken.

I don't think the federal govt should be providing any subsidy or penalty to the market or the citizenry.

Sink or swim... a scary proposition for statists like you I'm sure.

2seaoat

Sink or swim... a scary proposition for statists like you I'm sure.

It is simply stupid to deny priorities and the role of government. Some things contribute and some do not, but to simply argue everything is the same and nothing matters.....sink or swim......put the moonshine down.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat...

Living comfortably on his raft and chaise lounge as he mindlessly drifts down DENIAL RIVER.

I keep hearing the troll liberals saying we've spent 5 trillion on the wars in Iraq and Astan, but Congress says you are all liars - Page 2 RaftingRiver

2seaoat

I have been consistently right. Why would I deny anything?

2seaoat wrote:The largest "obligation" appears to be the transfer of wealth from the producers to the takers.

What a perverse view of America.  I see the slugs as those who receive corporate subsidy, those who receive agriculture subsidy, those who receive 85 billion of loan guarantees because they are banks too big to fail, and the 1% who have seen their tax rates cut in half......yes.....slugs are easy to identify.

The trouble with this view is that like it or not, these you identify as "corporate slugs" all contribute to the economy, enabling the collection of a lot of tax revenue. Take them away, and then what will the "non-contributing slugs" exist on?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I have an acquaintance that is grossly obese in another state . She fell on some icy steps and shattered her ankle. She was awarded $1700.00 a month (SSI) for the next 6 years and will then be reevaluated. Is she a slug ? What happened to families being responsible to care for injured relatives ?

6 X 12 X 1700 = $122,400

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
KarlRove wrote:http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL33110.pdf

How about 1.6 trillion instead. Liars.

Wow!  So that complete failure of an endeavor only cost the US $1.6 trillion, thousands of American lives, and accomplished absolutely nothing?

That's just good old fashion republican fiscal conservatism right there!

Let's hear it for republicans, everyone!  Their incredibly unpopular war that wasted lives and resources while destabilizing the middle east only cost US taxpayers $1.6 trillion!  Horray!  Horray!

USA!  USA!  USA!

As you well know, the Middle East was stable when it was left to semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama by President Bush.  President Obama was happy to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.  Remember how he told us that al Qaeda was on its heals, that HE had killed Osama bin Laden and that ISIS was the JUNIOR VARSITY of Terrorists.

As you well know too, our enemies no longer fear us, they laugh at us and our friends no longer trust us.  Yeah, great progress...PROGRESSIVES.

Of course the Middle East was stable when Bush left the mess to Obama. And black is white, up is down, hot is cold, and America is really a happy, healthy, moral, land of equality, freedom and prosperity for all.

When Bush left, Iraq was absolutely stable -- except the Sunnis and Shiias were still bombing each others Mosques, schools, cafes, police stations. Yessirree sir, if only we had left a few hundred thousand troops there, with adequate funding, for another 50 years, the place would have been a paradise . . except for the ongoing conflict between the tribes.

Yessiree sir, that's stability! LOL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Post war costs for wounded veterans will bring the total in the 4-6 trillion range......if you think broken people stop being paid for ........well not as long as Republicans do not hold office, because they do try to cut costs on the back of veterans.   The Harvard study which I have posted repeatedly is dead cinch correct.   That is like saying after 10 years of payment on a thirty year mortgage that the amounts paid equal the costs......sorry there is another 30-40 years on this war mortgage.

I AM SO HAPPY to see that 2seaoat has FINALLY accepted the FACT that we are massively in debt and he has no clue how to pay this phenomenal amount of money.

Current Debt . . . $18.0 TRILLION

Unfunded Liabilities (money we have PROMISED, do not have, nor do we have it coming in)

Social Security. . . . $16.6 TRILLION

Prescription Drugs . $22.0 TRILLION

Medicare. . . . . . . . $87.5 TRILLION

Total Unfunded Liabilities $126.2 TRILLION!

Number of Households in 2010 = 112,611,029

Unfunded Liability Per Taxpayer  $1,101,203.00

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

PLUS ObamaCare and Untold TRILLIONS more in TAXES

Since far left radical House Speaker Nancy Pelosi took office in January 1, 2007 our debt has increased by $12+ TRILLION.  

EIGHT+ TRILLION since President Barack Hussein Obama took office.  With Obama promise of ANOTHER TRILLION DEBT FOR 2013.

Why do Progressives DEMAND a far lower standard of living for our children and their children?  What makes you so superior, so selfish that you think you deserve far more of what they will earn?

Saddling our children and their children with this massive debt is immoral, indefensible and, as we have seen, the lefties here don’t even try.

Shameful and immoral!
Shame on you!

When Social Security began, at what age did a person become eligible fro retirement benefits?  What was the average life span of an American?  What are they today?

How did you get to be so old and yet so incredibly stupid?

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Post war costs for wounded veterans will bring the total in the 4-6 trillion range......if you think broken people stop being paid for ........well not as long as Republicans do not hold office, because they do try to cut costs on the back of veterans.   The Harvard study which I have posted repeatedly is dead cinch correct.   That is like saying after 10 years of payment on a thirty year mortgage that the amounts paid equal the costs......sorry there is another 30-40 years on this war mortgage.

I AM SO HAPPY to see that 2seaoat has FINALLY accepted the FACT that we are massively in debt and he has no clue how to pay this phenomenal amount of money.

Unfunded Liabilities (money we have PROMISED, do not have, nor do we have it coming in)

Since far left radical House Speaker Nancy Pelosi took office in January 1, 2007 our debt has increased by $12+ TRILLION.  

EIGHT+ TRILLION since President Barack Hussein Obama took office.  With Obama promise of ANOTHER TRILLION DEBT FOR 2013.

Why do Progressives DEMAND a far lower standard of living for our children and their children?  What makes you so superior, so selfish that you think you deserve far more of what they will earn?

Saddling our children and their children with this massive debt is immoral, indefensible and, as we have seen, the lefties here don’t even try.

Shameful and immoral!
Shame on you!

When Social Security began, at what age did a person become eligible fro retirement benefits?  What was the average life span of an American?  What are they today?

I keep hearing the troll liberals saying we've spent 5 trillion on the wars in Iraq and Astan, but Congress says you are all liars - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-X9dQXMLp7WO5OMM38uPaQsTpZd9KN-qBy9Yk3JiFYrBTRXi8

Perhaps the question should be how you can be so stupid about $126 trillion in unfunded liabilities. Oh what the hell... What's another $80 trillion in unfunded liabilities so we can make it $200 trillion in unfunded liabilities..... Then we can always start selling off national treasures since that's what they're there for...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0kcet4aPpQ

Smile

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:

Shameful and immoral!
Shame on you!

That's easy to answer -- Markle's a corporatist fascist, hard right republican.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum