Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did any of you just watch Dick Cheney interviewed on Meet the Press

+5
Markle
2seaoat
Floridatexan
knothead
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If so, what's your reaction?

knothead

knothead

Honestly Bob I have some understanding of his indignation and his inability to be repentant because it is his decisions, legacy and reputation at stake. Part of me understands also his outrage of the 9-11 attacks . . . . I share that outrage and I, too, get caught up in a determination to find the perpetrators and punish . . . . at the moments and days following these heinous attacks America was oddly joined with American flags flying and everyone asking who? Why? At that time we were suddenly unaware of Democrats and Republicans we just wanted to know who did it, where there live and settle the score with overwhelming force. Today we have the ability to look back at how events unfolded and it was our government marshaling its assets under the guise of seeking justice for our dead citizens . . . . the rest of the story can be told from a partisan point of view but we made so many mistakes and we got carried away and eventually lost our guiding beacon and also our moral compass . . . . taking actions that did little to achieve our objective but did a lot to create more enemies so I am conflicted and admit that . . .

Did not see him on Meet the Press but heard Brett Baier interview him. Brett seemed intimidated.

I tend to agree with Knothead's overall assessment.

Karl Rove (real one) was on Fox News this morning along with Democratic Senator Sheldon Whitehouse. It's worth the watch just to see Rove tell Whitehouse not to touch him. Sheldon reached for Rove's forearm as he was talking. Razz

Don't touch the Rove!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

knothead wrote:Honestly Bob I have some understanding of his indignation and his inability to be repentant because it is his decisions, legacy and reputation at stake.  Part of me understands also his outrage of the 9-11 attacks . . . . I share that outrage and I, too, get caught up in a determination to find the perpetrators and punish . . . . at the moments and days following these heinous attacks America was oddly joined with American flags flying and everyone asking who? Why? At that time we were suddenly unaware of Democrats and Republicans we just wanted to know who did it, where there live and settle the score with overwhelming force.  Today we have the ability to look back at how events unfolded and it was our government marshaling its assets under the guise of seeking justice for our dead citizens . . . . the rest of the story can be told from a partisan point of view but we made so many mistakes and we got carried away and eventually lost our guiding beacon and also our moral compass . . . . taking actions that did little to achieve our objective but did a lot to create more enemies so I am conflicted and admit that . . .  

That's because you don't realize that the Bush administration was complicit in 9/11.

knothead

knothead

Floridatexan wrote:
knothead wrote:Honestly Bob I have some understanding of his indignation and his inability to be repentant because it is his decisions, legacy and reputation at stake.  Part of me understands also his outrage of the 9-11 attacks . . . . I share that outrage and I, too, get caught up in a determination to find the perpetrators and punish . . . . at the moments and days following these heinous attacks America was oddly joined with American flags flying and everyone asking who? Why? At that time we were suddenly unaware of Democrats and Republicans we just wanted to know who did it, where there live and settle the score with overwhelming force.  Today we have the ability to look back at how events unfolded and it was our government marshaling its assets under the guise of seeking justice for our dead citizens . . . . the rest of the story can be told from a partisan point of view but we made so many mistakes and we got carried away and eventually lost our guiding beacon and also our moral compass . . . . taking actions that did little to achieve our objective but did a lot to create more enemies so I am conflicted and admit that . . .  

That's because you don't realize that the Bush administration was complicit in 9/11.

Wasn't my focus in my post what you say is a different topic in my mind, I was trying to respond to Bob's thread. I don't live under a rock so I do understand there is a plethora of spin off issues but thanks for pointing that out.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

For those who didn't see the interview, he kept repeating the same thing over and over.
That, to him, the only thing that could be characterized as torture is what the terrorists did to Americans inside the World Trade Center. Nothing else does he consider to be torture.

knothead

knothead

Bob wrote:For those who didn't see the interview,  he kept repeating the same thing over and over.
That,  to him,  the only thing that could be characterized as torture is what the terrorists did to Americans inside the World Trade Center.  Nothing else does he consider to be torture.

I agree Bob. That is precisely why I also focused on that period of time to give it some context. Cheney is many things stupid is not one of them. We could rant forever why we despise him and his cohorts but that is for another day.

2seaoat

The standard on torture is clear, and we breached that standard. We have no excuses. We were wrong. There is no debate.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:The standard on torture is clear, and we breached that standard.  We have no excuses.  We were wrong.   There is no debate.

I hear ya Mr. Oats . . . that is hard to disagree with BUT when I put myself into a position of decision making within the context of the catastrophic losses on 9/11 and given the responsibility to get to the bottom of who the hell did this and . . . . e.g., we have one of more folks captured and intel says they feel sure they have vital information that could prevent a similar incident I cannot say I would not authorize the use of EIMs . . . . morally wrong . . . maybe but that is a circumstance that is very difficult to swear to God Hope to die you would not take the next step in an attempt to prevent another tragedy domestically. I understand that this is not moral and it is not ethical . . . . . just sayin' I can see how hard that would be for a CIC.

2seaoat

I compare torture to an endzone celebration which is out of control. As a nation when we score a touchdown we need to know we have been there before and we will be there again. The emotional outburst and loss of control and the flag which is thrown for that out of control conduct never helps us win the game.....never.......and the heat of the moment does not excuse the behavior.

Did any of you just watch Dick Cheney interviewed on Meet the Press Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfTDMhnIcgstlKZzfb1FkbprrE1iorLaZHZe79VBZl2xXA2CNYpw

Did any of you just watch Dick Cheney interviewed on Meet the Press Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROmdPyp6I3dlCpMspRLuDov2xS9mnGJj3T8o5ekZZMqcMRntwBWA

Did any of you just watch Dick Cheney interviewed on Meet the Press Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRj-Mt7943hxV1GTUhtZzs6OJud7jXSRBClkvtZltBkWcRaca8

Did any of you just watch Dick Cheney interviewed on Meet the Press Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT04KfxwVqZxOxkAb-jsThOSR8MLoW3M_etuS_tgw32eW-5K25A0Q

Did any of you just watch Dick Cheney interviewed on Meet the Press Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT56JE7pElguS8cuS0X9EjgSl7h_J3oFVDEp9DkKhSIR2Bxlnit

Did any of you just watch Dick Cheney interviewed on Meet the Press Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0yxBkOiwTgSMh0bnYTRKgPB6gCbH34ESIQef0NZTj0xLP0Tl9

Yeah! Dropping bombs on a bunch of people to get one or two suspected terrorists is a lot less impersonal and you don't have to worry about pesky things like whether they were wearing uniforms or part of the militia as defined by Article 4 of the Geneva Convention because it's all for the greater good.

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFBf_alErog

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 12/14/2014, 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:The standard on torture is clear, and we breached that standard.  We have no excuses.  We were wrong.   There is no debate.

You're right, there is no debate.  You are lying.  But then, that is what you do to stir the pot.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

knothead wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Wasn't my focus in my post what you say is a different topic in my mind, I was trying to respond to Bob's thread.  I don't live under a rock so I do understand there is a plethora of spin off issues but thanks for pointing that out.

I understand what you're saying...but you used the word "conflicted". Sometimes that's all it takes to get people to change their minds. There was a national outrage after 9/11...understandable...and a desire for revenge...again, understandable. Conveniently, the "boogeyman" was immediately identified. Except...the FBI has not found a connection between Osama Bin Laden and 9/11 to this day. And based on that assumption, Bush invaded two countries. I'm not trying to be insulting, and frankly, I don't care whether people think I'm crazy.

Sal

Sal

I watched it until I could find the remote to change the channel.

That subhuman literally makes me feel ill.

He has no conscience nor sense of decency.

But then, sociopaths are like that.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Did you know that prior to receiving his heart-transplant, Dick Cheney lived for 16 months without a heartbeat? A little battery-powered centrifugal pump kept his blood flowing while he was on a waiting list for a new heart.

I guess he set a record for being a person who is heartless, right?

Perhaps Dubya's presidency would have been different if had not chosen this 'Dick' to be his running-mate. At least, the push to invade Iraq might never have come about. That had Cheney's fingerprints all over it.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead

knothead

Floridatexan wrote:
knothead wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Wasn't my focus in my post what you say is a different topic in my mind, I was trying to respond to Bob's thread.  I don't live under a rock so I do understand there is a plethora of spin off issues but thanks for pointing that out.

I understand what you're saying...but you used the word "conflicted".  Sometimes that's all it takes to get people to change their minds.  There was a national outrage after 9/11...understandable...and a desire for revenge...again, understandable.  Conveniently, the "boogeyman" was immediately identified.  Except...the FBI has not found a connection between Osama Bin Laden and 9/11 to this day.  And based on that assumption, Bush invaded two countries.  I'm not trying to be insulting, and frankly, I don't care whether people think I'm crazy.  

I can promise you I do not think you are crazy at all FT. The merits of your assumption remain a point of discussion throughout our nation and we absolutely invaded two countries on President's Bushs' watch. Heck weren't the lot of the hijackers from Egypt or Saudi Arabia?

Floridatexan wrote:
knothead wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I understand what you're saying...but you used the word "conflicted".  Sometimes that's all it takes to get people to change their minds.  There was a national outrage after 9/11...understandable...and a desire for revenge...again, understandable.  Conveniently, the "boogeyman" was immediately identified.  Except...the FBI has not found a connection between Osama Bin Laden and 9/11 to this day.  And based on that assumption, Bush invaded two countries.  I'm not trying to be insulting, and frankly, I don't care whether people think I'm crazy.  

Did any of you just watch Dick Cheney interviewed on Meet the Press Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz6J1XTIbcA9HgKU_N2XYSUZ_qYyq2TBjE5cTQyuQ7E_fuF35Law

Then put him on trial for war crimes..... However if he can prove that misinformation was given to him while acting as president and is acquitted then let the treason trials begin. I want to know who the people were that provided the misinformation and the death penalty to be carried out immediately and publically for all the thousands of people in the military and abroad who have died... no matter how highly placed in our government they might be.

I'm thinkin' a public hangin' in Memorial Square and allowing the bodies of the traitors to stay there till they rot.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtGL_ZvT6cA

Smile

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Did you know that prior to receiving his heart-transplant, Dick Cheney lived for 16 months without a heartbeat? A little battery-powered centrifugal pump kept his blood flowing while he was on a waiting list for a new heart.

Perhaps Dubya's presidency would have been different if had not chosen this 'Dick' to be his running-mate. At least, the push to invade Iraq might never have come about. That had Cheney's fingerprints all over it.

As much as I despise Cheney, he wasn't alone in his debauchery. We all know that Halliburton/KBR made a ton of money in Iraq. But so did the Carlyle Group.

http://theinternationalcoalition.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-war-made-bush-family-rich.html

Floridatexan wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Did you know that prior to receiving his heart-transplant, Dick Cheney lived for 16 months without a heartbeat? A little battery-powered centrifugal pump kept his blood flowing while he was on a waiting list for a new heart.

As much as I despise Cheney, he wasn't alone in his debauchery.  We all know that Halliburton/KBR made a ton of money in Iraq.  But so did the Carlyle Group.  

http://theinternationalcoalition.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-war-made-bush-family-rich.html

Did any of you just watch Dick Cheney interviewed on Meet the Press Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtRnD2m45EKllHUn1LUKd7bbODuEH45SCrCkY0m-q4-MjFZ0zC

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFdgjYoBMIg

Laughing

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
knothead wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Did any of you just watch Dick Cheney interviewed on Meet the Press Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz6J1XTIbcA9HgKU_N2XYSUZ_qYyq2TBjE5cTQyuQ7E_fuF35Law

Then put him on trial for war crimes..... However if he can prove that misinformation was given to him while acting as president and is acquitted then let the treason trials begin. I want to know who the people were that provided the misinformation and the death penalty to be carried out immediately and publically for all the thousands of people in the military and abroad who have died... no matter how highly placed in our government they might be.

I'm thinkin' a public hangin' in Memorial Square and allowing the bodies of the traitors to stay there till they rot.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Have you ever heard of the "Unseen Hand?" I am actually near the end of a 1985 book of that title which I have found interesting. I have always kept an open mind about the conspiratorial view of history, and have read books over the last 35 years that other people would never touch. If you could actually divine those people you describe out for trial, you likely would be surprised where they came from. Those folks are so powerful that they will never see a trial or a noose, for that matter.

The key to understanding our world is to accept that nothing in the world happens by accident--there is a distinct purpose for everything we see. Ultimately, it is going to point to a dissolution of nations and the lumping of everyone into a world government.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
knothead wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Have you ever heard of the "Unseen Hand?" I am actually near the end of a 1985 book of that title which I have found interesting. I have always kept an open mind about the conspiratorial view of history, and have read books over the last 35 years that other people would never touch. If you could actually divine those people you describe out for trial, you likely would be surprised where they came from. Those folks are so powerful that they will never see a trial or a noose, for that matter.

The key to understanding our world is to accept that nothing in the world happens by accident--there is a distinct purpose for everything we see. Ultimately, it is going to point to a dissolution of nations and the lumping of everyone into a world government.

I read a lot, too, Z. But I'll never go down without a fight. Patrick Henry said it: Give me liberty or give me death. That about sums it up.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Did any of you just watch Dick Cheney interviewed on Meet the Press Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYJxvZPoflXQcyhYM1gNLIL_naV269L5p7yobe6kAqb7hhvdTCTw

Heard of it and the book... They can try to be so powerful that they think they are untouchable. That shouldn't stop me and others from cutting off a few fingers that they're using to manipulate things with. Justice finds everyone in the end.

I think you don't put enough credit for people doing the right thing.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZJx5HyUkgQ

Smile

Floridatexan wrote:

I read a lot, too, Z.  But I'll never go down without a fight.  Patrick Henry said it:  Give me liberty or give me death.  That about sums it up.

Did any of you just watch Dick Cheney interviewed on Meet the Press Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSO1enWa9M0LDZzX9ixfXmOGr6Gmv-PHLAgOMxdzY3TWYWciE6C

Yeah. Sure.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFdgjYoBMIg

Laughing

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Today on MSNBC (I think, it could have been CNN), a SERE instructor and a man who has served all his adult life in the intelligence collection business expressed his outrage over the revelations exposed by the Senate report on the CIA torture activities.

His expression of outrage was superb. He claimed that the tortures authorized by Bush and Cheney and conducted by the CIA "besmirched the honor of the United States." He went on to explain how George Washington had issued guidelines on how prisoners during the Revolutionary War were to be treated. And his guidelines had been followed from then until after 9-11.

Neither Cheney nor Bush have any idea whatever of the meaning of "honor."

Reality.

2seaoat

Please do not mention George Washington....Eagle's concept of history will have him in Mr. Kotter's class declaring war on the Japanese.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum