Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hagel Out @Defense

+3
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hagel Out @Defense Empty Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 11:48 am

Sal

Sal

WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel is stepping down under pressure, the first cabinet-level casualty of the collapse of President Obama’s Democratic majority in the Senate and the struggles of his national security team to respond to an onslaught of global crises.

The president, who is expected to announce Mr. Hagel’s resignation in a Rose Garden appearance on Monday, made the decision to ask his defense secretary — the sole Republican on his national security team — to step down last Friday after a series of meetings over the past two weeks, senior administration officials said.

The officials described Mr. Obama’s decision to remove Mr. Hagel, 68, as a recognition that the threat from the Islamic State would require a different kind of skills than those that Mr. Hagel was brought on to employ. A Republican with military experience who was skeptical about the Iraq war, Mr. Hagel came in to manage the Afghanistan combat withdrawal and the shrinking Pentagon budget in the era of budget sequestration.

But now “the next couple of years will demand a different kind of focus,” one administration official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity. He insisted that Mr. Hagel was not fired, saying that the defense secretary initiated discussions about his future two weeks ago with the president, and that the two men mutually agreed that it was time for him to leave.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/25/us/hagel-said-to-be-stepping-down-as-defense-chief-under-pressure.html?_r=0

2Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 11:59 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

This should make poster Karl R very happy. He never liked Hagel.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

3Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 12:01 pm

Never liked Hagel, myself. It will be interesting to see who the Boy Wonder brings in for his Middle East plan.

4Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 12:10 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

So, are we getting ready for number 4?

5Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 12:12 pm

Sal

Sal

It'll be interesting to see if the Repukes will actually try to block a Defense Secretary appointment at a time of several crises that they've been hyping.

That would be an act of unprecedented suicidal stupidity, but you never know with those clowns.

6Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 1:01 pm

Hagel says he will stay through the Senate confirmations.  Razz  He's gonna be around for a while yet.

7Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 1:23 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Hagel was out of his league and got the job due to his ability to be a Yes Man for Obama and sipping the koolaid. In defense if Hagel though, he should have known Obama would throw him under the bus when not parroting back the Obama talking points of-

- I don't know
-it's the fault of Intel
-the generals suck
-it's not my fault, it's the fault of Bush

If anyone had paid attention to recent blunders by Obama where the military is concerned, Hagel had stopped being a do-boy. He and Obama clashed in recent months over ISiS strategy and Iran. You never heard the MSM cover it though as they always protect O.

It's sad Hagel had to go out like this, but that's what you get when you don't see eye to eye with the messiah.

Last edited by KarlRove on 11/24/2014, 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 1:26 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Hagel's parting shots that the MSM never covered -

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/11/24/hagel-unchained-departing-defense-secretary-fire-parting-shots-in-interview-last-week/

9Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 1:26 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I have to agree with you, Karl. I think even Hagel was shocked when Obama claimed ISIS was JV team....then did a 180.

10Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 2:06 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:Hagel was out of his league and got the job due to his ability to be a Yes Man for Obama and sipping the koolaid.  In defense if Hagel though, he should have known Obama would throw him under the bus when not parroting back the Obama talking points of-

- I don't know
-it's the fault of Intel
-the generals suck

If anyone had paid attention to recent blunders by Obama where the military is concerned, Hagel had stopped being a do-boy. He and Obama clashed in recent months over ISiS strategy and Iran. You never heard the MSM cover it though as they always protect O.

It's sad Hagel had to go out like this, but that's what you get when you don't see eye to eye with the messiah.

Hagel is a combat-tested and wounded veteran who smelled the smoke while you were still playing with GI Joes.

11Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 2:14 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
KarlRove wrote:Hagel was out of his league and got the job due to his ability to be a Yes Man for Obama and sipping the koolaid.  In defense if Hagel though, he should have known Obama would throw him under the bus when not parroting back the Obama talking points of-

- I don't know
-it's the fault of Intel
-the generals suck

Hagel is a combat-tested and wounded veteran who smelled the smoke while you were still playing with GI Joes.

Different times as he was born before me, but in comparison, he has substantially less time getting shot at than I.

12Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 3:01 pm

Markle

Markle

"Amusing". I believe the only Republican, albeit a liberal Republican, on the White House staff is the only one asked to step down.

Could be that Hagel told semi-retired President Obama that ISIS IS a major problem and you know what happens to anyone who tells the President something he does not want to hear.

President Obama has also announced that we are NOT pulling entirely out of Afghanistan and there will be substantially more troops than promised. That's probably the fault of President Bush too.

Also, as was forecast by Republicans and Conservatives, more troops are going back to Iraq.

President Obama and John Kerry was, again, out maneuvered by Iran as they move forward with developing a nuclear weapon AND the ICBM's to deliver it...wherever.

President Obama continues to find that negotiating with terrorists and people who hate us is not quite the same as working with ACORN.

13Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 3:24 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Just think what it might have been like IF WE HAD NEVER INVADED Afghanistan or Iraq.

14Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 4:13 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
Just think what it might have been like IF WE HAD NEVER INVADED Afghanistan or Iraq.  

Obviously, the United States and the world would be different had more sane policies been persued than the ones chased by Bush/Cheney.

15Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 5:39 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

by Floridatexan Today at 4:24 pm

----
ISIS came out of Syria

16Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 5:40 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Only Obama got us involved in Syria

17Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 5:40 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Only Obama got us involved in Syria

18Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 5:42 pm

Sal

Sal

Your ignorance is astonishing.

19Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 5:46 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Your ignorance is doubly so

20Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 5:50 pm

Sal

Sal

At least I'm aware that ISIS is the group formerly known as Al Qaeda in Iraq.

21Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 5:54 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

You're a clueless wonder. They joined forces last week.

22Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 6:02 pm

Sal

Sal

C'mon bro.

This is common knowledge.

Al-Qa‘ida in Iraq (AQI), also known as the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) and more recently the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), was established in April 2004 by long-time Sunni extremist Abu Mus‘ab al-Zarqawi, who the same year pledged his group’s allegiance to Usama Bin Ladin.

http://www.nctc.gov/site/groups/aqi.html

23Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 6:38 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/isis-al-qaeda-affiliate-reportedly-joining-forces-in-syria/

24Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 6:59 pm

2seaoat

None of this has a lick to do with international deployments.......it is what is not being said.........it has everything to do with base deployments within the United States and further Military cuts. The Chicago way is clear for those with wisdom. It is foolish to believe that what I have warned now for six years is not happening behind the scene. There will be retribution in base reductions in geographic areas not favorable to the President. My guess is that Mr H only would go so far......the new chopper will be appointed......a chop here and a chop there.....do you really think it will be random.....I have a swamp to sell you.

25Hagel Out @Defense Empty Re: Hagel Out @Defense 11/24/2014, 7:25 pm

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

Just think if a frog had wings it would keep busting its behind every time it hits the ground.

The decision was made by Democrats, Republicans, numerous other nations and even the United Nations.

So your argument has been worth nothing since the War on Terror began in 2003.

Grow up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum